• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Akuma's story mode is out! A lot of shit happens.

Akuma kills Gen, but not before the latter questions the lack of Akuma's humanity. Dude doesn't give a fuck.

Necaili pops out looking for power. Apparently, whatever Neceili was is using the body as a puppet, or something. He calls him "boy", so Necaili is younger than Akuma, probably referring to the body rather than the "force"

They fight. In the middle of the fight, Necaili absorbs Akuma. I guess he only wants super strong souls which is why he fucked off after fighting Balrog and didn't seem too upset about leaving that one behind, yet got pissed when he couldn't eat Bison.

Necaili, with a food baby Akuma in his stomach is looking quite content, but then Akuma burst out of him. Shit is comical AND kinda cool at the same time.

Akuma then gets pissy that Ryu found that nothingness path and goes to meet him. Akuma gets questioned on his humanity, and they fight. Ryu loses pretty bad, but is smiling because it gave him a chance to ask Akuma a "question" though his fist, and I think it was about whether or not Ryu should continue on his path. Akuma and Ryu share an oddly heartwarming moment, and Ryu uses the phrase "the answer lies in the heart of battle" lol.

Anyway Akuma smiles and goes off, saying he'll wait until Ryu's journey is over to fight him. I guess they have mutual respect as warriors now. The writing was corny, but I like that they are giving character to Akuma since he's never really been evil so much as a dude who wants to fight using evil powers.

Oh and it takes place after the Story Mode, I'm pretty sure. And I doubt Akuma is going to do anything in the next season's story tbh.

If you don't give a shit about lore, here's the tl;dr

So yeah, tl;dr - Akuma kills Gen (who was already dying anyway), gets eaten by Necaili, rips out from his stomach, goes to fight Ryu, and they become mutual rivals.

This sounds awesome.

Akuma's story mode is out! A lot of shit happens.

Akuma kills Gen, but not before the latter questions the lack of Akuma's humanity. Dude doesn't give a fuck.

Necaili pops out looking for power. Apparently, whatever Neceili was is using the body as a puppet, or something. He calls him "boy", so Necaili is younger than Akuma, probably referring to the body rather than the "force"

They fight. In the middle of the fight, Necaili absorbs Akuma. I guess he only wants super strong souls which is why he fucked off after fighting Balrog and didn't seem too upset about leaving that one behind, yet got pissed when he couldn't eat Bison.

Necaili, with a food baby Akuma in his stomach is looking quite content, but then Akuma burst out of him. Shit is comical AND kinda cool at the same time.

Akuma then gets pissy that Ryu found that nothingness path and goes to meet him. Akuma gets questioned on his humanity, and they fight. Ryu loses pretty bad, but is smiling because it gave him a chance to ask Akuma a "question" though his fist, and I think it was about whether or not Ryu should continue on his path. Akuma and Ryu share an oddly heartwarming moment, and Ryu uses the phrase "the answer lies in the heart of battle" lol.

Anyway Akuma smiles and goes off, saying he'll wait until Ryu's journey is over to fight him. I guess they have mutual respect as warriors now. The writing was corny, but I like that they are giving character to Akuma since he's never really been evil so much as a dude who wants to fight using evil powers.

Oh and it takes place after the Story Mode, I'm pretty sure. And I doubt Akuma is going to do anything in the next season's story tbh.

If you don't give a shit about lore, here's the tl;dr

So yeah, tl;dr - Akuma kills Gen (who was already dying anyway), gets eaten by Necaili, rips out from his stomach, goes to fight Ryu, and they become mutual rivals.

I don't think
Ryu ever actually asked Akuma a question. It was like he was trying to pull some kind of Joseph Joestar stalling trick on Akuma but didn't really know where to go with it, so he just rambled nonsense about his fist instead, and it worked. This actually makes me like Ryu a little bit more.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Czx-IckXEAADWg5.jpg:large

It's...beautiful

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
at least he doesn't walk slow any more

Actually he does. People that played the newer builds can't agree whether he moves the same or slightly faster (still slow) backwards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...l_of_the_gief_changes_we_found_so_far_for_s2/

gief changes seem like small adjustments to frame data to give him more advantage, mixups. still has AA jab

better lariat is the main takeaway

also some more stun on a few moves, and the grey health nerf is a huge nerf to his V-Skill. I think overall his bad matchups will stay bad, whereas the rest he will be better on

god

devil reverse should be better. that was my shit in alpha 2

Ex scissors were good for pushing characters into corners. I guess so much for being a 'gray health monster'.

mbpm1

Notes on Juri from a guy on reddit

alright guys I can give you some stuff:
cr.hp now good AA but only 70dmg
st.hp now +4 on hit
cr.mp now 6f startup, links into mk flipkick
st.mp now +5 on hit, links into st.mk first hit which is now 5f so you can go st.mp, st.mk xx medium fuha release
vskill got a HUGE buff, super super fast charge and charged is instant fireball invincible, basicly, nobody can ever throw fireballs at Juri
st.mp did NOT get pushback lessened, b.hk hitbox nerf so you cant even do it after st.mp anymore
edit: jesus christ I don't understand how reddit can be so shit tier with formatting, how do I start a new line

We'll be able to use MK Store in a lot more situations now, upping her damage.

Neoxon

I don't think
Ryu ever actually asked Akuma a question. It was like he was trying to pull some kind of Joseph Joestar stalling trick on Akuma but didn't really know where to go with it, so he just rambled nonsense about his fist instead, and it worked. This actually makes me like Ryu a little bit more.
Funny considering that it's Akuma who's voiced by (Old) Joseph.

Neoxon

Behold, (Season 2 Beta) Urien changes.
Urien Season 2 BETA Changes
-b.HK is df.HK now.
Now when we want to step back for anti-crossup st.HK there will be no more random b.HK.
-st.MP startup is 7f. +6 on hit.
1 frame slower but now there is st.MP cr.MP combo on regular hit!
-cr.MP is +5 on hit now.
So Urien still have cr.LP->st.MP CH combo.
-cr.HP startup is 7f. 2nd hit out on 9f(10?)
Right now there is punishes of something like MAX RANGE slides which is usally -7 for a decent damage. Also can combo
cr.LP/st.MP on CH without meaty! Sick! And 2nd hit which is anti air comes out faster.
-cr.MP is +1 on block.
Better then 0 ^_^
-st.HK HOLD is now +2 on block and almost no pushback.
There is a reason to do meaty st.HK HOLD instead of st.HP HOLD for no recovery people. If opponent blocks there is a mixup!
-cr.MK is +2 on block and +4 on hit.
Urien get a new good pressure/meaty(?) tool. Can combo into cr.LP and CH combo into cr.MP! Sweet!
-j.LK now can crossup and +12 on hit.
So now it`s easy to confirm into cr.HP for a decent damage!
-Active VSkill gives you more V-Gauge for using armor.
HK Shoulder gives about 90% of V-bar if you armored about 100 damage. HP Headbutt about same.
EX Shoulder gives you about 1 bar and 20% of second. So gain from recieved damage is same but gain for using armor is way more.
-Aegis Reflector exist on screen about 2 secs longer.
-MP Headbutt is changed.
Its still +4 on max range/meaty but loops are gone because spacing for +4 is different. At least old loops.
-Oki from forward throw is way worse on midscreen.
I'm gonna miss the headbutt loops, but it's a worthy sacrifice for the other buffs.

uggghhhh, hearing about all these buffs just makes me want some info for FANG.

All we know so far is that V-Trigger will allow him to do specials without charge, but nothing else concrete. And i'm not even so sure about that since everybody kept saying that you couldn't backroll from Gief's new Lariat but you still can.

So I got this from the F.A.N.G discord, not sure if it's entirely accurate.

sLP is +6
sLP +3 on block
st.LK: +5/+3
cr:LK: +4/+1
cr.MK: +5/+3
jab CH > st.HP is a thing now
sLK appears to be 6f
sMK 6f's

So this is.... a bit shit? St.mk no longer being 5 frames throws some serious punish opportunities out the window.

But on the other hand, this does improve FANG's counter hit game. That cr.mk being +3 oB is incredibly good.

myco666

More Birdie stuff

Uh, that seems real good since it gives you a setup or spacing where previously the only cancel was Bullhorn, which doesn't really do either. (It's just great for Damage/CA/V-Trigger/etc)

Wait what? Combo into regular chain? Ooh boy. Now that is real good.

Not bad, i wonder if you can still do cr.hp into HK chain after a st.hk CC because of the further push back of it.

St.hk into st.mp is really nice though!

I assume you can but might not work with certain distances.

RK9039

Oh no, guess they'll have to DP now

Yup, those jabs were so annoying. Thankfully it helped me improve a lot because I was forced to play differently and not jump in all the time. Hopefully the same thing happened to Juri, she has a pretty annoying jab as well.

BlizzKrut

Banned
X-Kira is saying that he found a reference to a Cinematic Story 2 and a Spain stage linked to it. This was the guy who showed us the stage transitions before they came out and leaked Rashid's stage before it came out, still, take it with a grain of salt.

Neoxon

X-Kira is saying that he found a reference to a Cinematic Story 2 and a Spain stage linked to it. This was the guy who showed us the stage transitions before they came out and leaked Rashid's stage before it came out, still, take it with a grain of salt.
Not surprising, but it's cool that Capcom may be making the Cinematic Story Mode an annual thing. Hopefully it's better-written than the first story (hell, use your renewed friendship with Marvel to get one of their good writers on-board, but that's just a dream of mine).

DJwest

Just bought a PS4 pro. Inserted SF5. Was greeted by a 9gb update and the story mode is apparently also 8gb. Exciting times.

JayEH

From SRK:
Boxer:
Upper inputs now 623K
Low Forward now hits low instead of high.
Crouch Strong is now +4 on hit, +2 on block (compared to being +1 on hit, 0 on block from older version). Can now do stuff like Low Strong (CH confirm), St.Forward - St.Strong (Target Combo) xx V-Skill (either follow-up).

Side Notes:
Low Forward - Low Forward (Target Combo) xx V-Trigger STILL works (no change in terms of V-Trigger cancel).
After Toward Throw... doing dash, St.Forward (confirms CH), Low Fierce still links (no change in terms of advantage?)
Low Forward - Low Forward (Target Combo) follow-up hits low still (no change in terms of attack level).
CC St.Roundhouse, walk-up, Low Fierce xx Upper (HK), Dash Straight (LP) xx Super does 511 damage, 540 stun.
CC St.Roundhouse, walk-up, Low Fierce xx Upper (HK), EX Dash Straight does 362 damage, 575 stun.
Low Strong xx Upper (MK) xx V-Trigger, Dash Low (HK) xx Punch Follow-Up xx V-Skill (Punch), EX Dash Straight xx Kick Follow-Up xx Kick Follow-Up does 361 damage, 565 stun.
Low Forward is not special cancellable.
Low Jab is not 3f start-up.

source 1

Rog frame data changes:

- st. LP is +3 oB (was +2)
- cr. LP is +3 oB (was +2)
- cr. MP is +4 oH (was +1) and +2 oB (was 0). cr. MP > cr. LK comboes
- L dash straight is +2 oH (was +1)
- M dash straight is +3 oH (was +2)
- H dash straight is +2 oH (was +3)
- TAP lv 2 is now +2 oH (was +1) and lv 3 is +3 oH (was +1)

source 2

Happy with the changes overall. still skeptical on DP motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom