• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Seriously, standing HK seems to hit at any range and it beats everything. And you no longer need to worry about step kick when you're charging. It's amazing.

Top 8 character.... if he doesn't win a tourney in the first few months into the season i will be shock..
I was expecting people to pull out pocket Uriens this season but now he has straight up main potential for a lot of players. Remains to be seen how the rest of the cast fares though.

I am trying to learn Dhalsim, but he is scary to play. I dunno what to do with myself when people get in on me playing as him.

I end up playing Float Fighter V and turn into a pinata.
Never heard that pinata analogy before but it's good lol.

He's certainly a difficult character to play efficiently but it's very rewarding keep an enemy out. Good thing his limbs and AAs are getting buffed too!

Edzi

Lol good luck jumping over Urien for free now

6a0k3sV.gif

I'm hoping this is a sign that non jab AAs have been buffed across the board.

Wallach

what the fuck that s.HK seems like it becomes active so fast right at the top of his head

moaradin hit me up with how swapped the random select over so I can check out lord bison with the backup I made

Out of all the DLC characters I just know that Alex is going to draw the worst hand. I'm glad that I am considering Birdie, Urien and Guile for subs because they're looking like some of the biggest winners in season 2 besides Bison.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Really sounds like they're buffing Urien a lot. With his comeback potential he was already a threat. Weird.
Oh and people are going to be super bummed if this is not the final version.

tried this just now in survival on normal. worked like a goddamn charm until the last stage. fuck bison and fuck this game.
Are you saying you lost round 100? Oh no...

only 6 xmas costumes is kinda lame. Especially when 4 of them are the girls that already have a bunch of alt costumes. Gonna take forever to get a new guile costume. Will stick with the jump suit I guess.

Reading this thread is convincing me more and more to learn Urien. Been interested in it for a while.

Akuma's story mode is out! A lot of shit happens.

Akuma kills Gen, but not before the latter questions the lack of Akuma's humanity. Dude doesn't give a fuck.

Necaili pops out looking for power. Apparently, whatever Neceili was is using the body as a puppet, or something. He calls him "boy", so Necaili is younger than Akuma, probably referring to the body rather than the "force"

They fight. In the middle of the fight, Necaili absorbs Akuma. I guess he only wants super strong souls which is why he fucked off after fighting Balrog and didn't seem too upset about leaving that one behind, yet got pissed when he couldn't eat Bison.

Necaili, with a food baby Akuma in his stomach is looking quite content, but then Akuma burst out of him. Shit is comical AND kinda cool at the same time.

Akuma then gets pissy that Ryu found that nothingness path and goes to meet him. Akuma gets questioned on his humanity, and they fight. Ryu loses pretty bad, but is smiling because it gave him a chance to ask Akuma a "question" though his fist, and I think it was about whether or not Ryu should continue on his path. Akuma and Ryu share an oddly heartwarming moment, and Ryu uses the phrase "the answer lies in the heart of battle" lol.

Anyway Akuma smiles and goes off, saying he'll wait until Ryu's journey is over to fight him. I guess they have mutual respect as warriors now. The writing was corny, but I like that they are giving character to Akuma since he's never really been evil so much as a dude who wants to fight using evil powers.

Oh and it takes place after the Story Mode, I'm pretty sure. And I doubt Akuma is going to do anything in the next season's story tbh.

If you don't give a shit about lore, here's the tl;dr

So yeah, tl;dr - Akuma kills Gen (who was already dying anyway), gets eaten by Necaili, rips out from his stomach, goes to fight Ryu, and they become mutual rivals.

Scotia

Banned
Akuma's story mode is out! A lot of shit happens.

Akuma kills Gen, but not before the latter questions the lack of Akuma's humanity. Dude doesn't give a fuck.

Necaili pops out looking for power. Apparently, whatever Neceili was is using the body as a puppet, or something. He calls him "boy", so Necaili is younger than Akuma, probably referring to the body rather than the "force"

They fight. In the middle of the fight, Necaili absorbs Akuma. I guess he only wants super strong souls which is why he fucked off after fighting Balrog and didn't seem too upset about leaving that one behind, yet got pissed when he couldn't eat Bison.

Necaili, with a food baby Akuma in his stomach is looking quite content, but then Akuma burst out of him. Shit is comical AND kinda cool at the same time.

Akuma then gets pissy that Ryu found that nothingness path and goes to meet him. Akuma gets questioned on his humanity, and they fight. Ryu loses pretty bad, but is smiling because it gave him a chance to ask Akuma a "question" though his fist, and I think it was about whether or not Ryu should continue on his path. Akuma and Ryu share an oddly heartwarming moment, and Ryu uses the phrase "the answer lies in the heart of battle" lol.

Anyway Akuma smiles and goes off, saying he'll wait until Ryu's journey is over to fight him. I guess they have mutual respect as warriors now. The writing was corny, but I like that they are giving character to Akuma since he's never really been evil so much as a dude who wants to fight using evil powers.

Oh and it takes place after the Story Mode, I'm pretty sure. And I doubt Akuma is going to do anything in the next season's story tbh.

So yeah, tl;dr - Akuma kills Gen (who was already dying anyway), gets eaten by Necaili, rips out from his stomach, goes to fight Ryu, and they become mutual rivals.

Thanks for the write up.

So Gen's dead? Didn't expect that, even though he was dying (but to be fair I'm sure he's been dying since Alpha).

Necalli stuff sounds weird. Probably have to see it myself to get the full picture.

Ryu and Akuma being mutual rivals is pretty cool. Feel like it sets up their relationship in SF3 pretty well.

I have a feeling this Season's character stories are going to be set after the Cinematic Story Mode. Akuma pissed about Ryu using the power of nothingness kinda confirms that.

Thanks for the TL;DR. I didn't give a shit before, but now I actually want to see that myself, because that sounds hilariously dumb.

Ucchedavāda;226697058 said:
Thanks for the TL;DR. I didn't give a shit before, but now I actually want to see that myself, because that sounds hilariously dumb.

"hilariously dumb" is how to describe the story in practically every fighting game ever made. I kind of like it that way to lol.

Farewell

Birdie changes from reddit

Not sure how I feel about these. st.HK into st.MP doesn't seem really that necessary but I'll take it.

Also what does raw confirm mean?

-St.HK crushcounter launches opponent further back ,BUT it's offset because you can do st.hk -> st.mp now, so no need to dash up cr.mp anymore

Not bad, i wonder if you can still do cr.hp into HK chain after a st.hk CC because of the further push back of it.

St.hk into st.mp is really nice though!

Grakl

Ibuki buffs floating around

s.mk now 6fr startup, +5 oh +2 ob, this is excellent
ex kunai reload for 3 kunai
lp.raida knockdown -> dash now +4
ex.kunai -> dash now +2
Can now cancel glide into normals

ElFly

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh...l_of_the_gief_changes_we_found_so_far_for_s2/

gief changes seem like small adjustments to frame data to give him more advantage, mixups. still has AA jab

better lariat is the main takeaway

also some more stun on a few moves, and the grey health nerf is a huge nerf to his V-Skill. I think overall his bad matchups will stay bad, whereas the rest he will be better on

Devil's reverse now less frame advantage and harder to control, ex scissors minus 3 on block. Nice buffs capcom.

god

devil reverse should be better. that was my shit in alpha 2

Excited to play Laura and Urien with the S2 changes.

Laura didn't really change all too much but she might be overall better. Especially with the system changes.

I was hoping her j.MP would have juggle potential like they gave to Karin's and Rashid's because her j.MP actually looks like it would juggle lol.

Overhead + on hit in V-Trigger is cool, currently there was no real reason to use it unless you were playing online because offline its a bit easier to react to and the risk/reward isn't in your favour. Having the meaty overhead + 6 is nice as well.

Idk how her ex clap changes will effect her but I hope she stays relatively the same.

Seems like she still gets meaties off her command throws too.

I was hoping she'd get a medium, medium link like other characters but I guess it's still meaty b o i s :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom