• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Urien was already my main but looks like he got some love in all the right places. Going to pick Dictator back up he was my original main I dumped him for Necali though going to get me a pocket mufasa...... errr Akuma.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This is really how we're going to get patch notes isn't it?
Have we ever gotten patch notes down to frame data from Capcom?
I totally expect a big blog post about the update, but I wouldn't expect a detailed list like that.

FluxWaveZ

Other than that final combo all of those are possible in the current version

That explains it. I skipped the last one, but I definitely see the difference there, along with what that YouTube description states.

What's the data on the changes to her V-Trigger now? I can't quite tell if it actually lasts a shorter amount of time, though it seems to.

Gonna give dandelion haired guy a shot. Never used Akuma's jump back fireball game from SF4, but I did enjoy some of his bread and butter he had to offer. Hoping that bread is still good to eat in SF5.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I think they are seriously going to drop a beta on us and then go from there. These changes might not be final.

That would be the best case scenario/wishful thinking.

Have we ever gotten patch notes down to frame data from Capcom?
I totally expect a big blog post about the update, but I wouldn't expect a detailed list like that.

Yep. SF4 had a few detailed ones. Something would be nice.

Edzi

Not hearing anything about Alex changes is really worrying, and it's starting to sound like Capcom just ignored the lowest tiered characters. Though it's too early to actually know for sure, so they need to hurry up and release those patch notes.

Perineum

Does anyone here know what would happen if you got a PS4 Pro, used same PSN ID as your old PS4, but didn't use your old save data for the game?

Would I essentially get to create a new Capcom Fighters ID to start from rookie, with no content unlocked? Would I retain it all since it is tied to my PSN ID, and hence I keep my DLC I purchased along with my CF ID ?

Not sure if anyone has done this.

Zackat

Does anyone here know what would happen if you got a PS4 Pro, used same PSN ID as your old PS4, but didn't use your old save data for the game?

Would I essentially get to create a new Capcom Fighters ID to start from rookie, with no content unlocked? Would I retain it all since it is tied to my PSN ID, and hence I keep my DLC I purchased along with my CF ID ?

if it works like steam, everything is tied to your ID. I have deleted my save files a few times and reinstalled and everything is remembered by the backend at Capcom.

There was a thread about this. All unlocks/purchases you've made are available. All FM earned etc are all available like before. Your rank is saved server side. Your progression is also saved so you're good.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ibuki buffs floating around

s.mk now 6fr startup, +5 oh +2 ob, this is excellent
ex kunai reload for 3 kunai
lp.raida knockdown -> dash now +4
ex.kunai -> dash now +2
Can now cancel glide into normals

What was LP Raida to dash frame adv before? Same goes for EX Kunai on block and dash?

This is really how we're going to get patch notes isn't it?

From Combofiend himself:
Although I can’t get into all the specific change details just yet, as that’s subject to our comprehensive 2017 season changelog post due in the coming weeks, below are 3 areas we’re focusing on to give you a better idea of where we will address character similarities:

That post wasn't even 2 weeks ago. So, it's coming.

Not hearing anything about Alex changes is really worrying, and it's starting to sound like Capcom just ignored the lowest tiered characters. Though it's too early to actually know for sure, so they need to hurry up and release those patch notes.

The buffed his cr.hp anti-air. Now you can connect meterless air knee, rather than relying on EX knee. That's awesome: https://twitter.com/UATakuyaSugi/status/809780349249130496

Also, you can now link st.mp after a non-counter hit f+hp.

And, cr.lp xx light flash chop combos.

They are all very useful.

His anti-air jab is worse, though (as expected). And, some of his grabs lost their oki setups...but, those weren't exactly the best oki setups anyway, so no big loss.

Edzi

From Combofiend himself:

That post wasn't even 2 weeks ago. So, it's coming.

The buffed his CR.HP. Now you can connect meterless air knee, rather than relying on EX knee. That's awesome: https://twitter.com/UATakuyaSugi/status/809780349249130496

Also, you can now link st.mp after a non-counter hit f+hp.

And, cr.lp xx light flash chop combos.

They are all very useful.

His anti-air jab is worse, though (as expected). And, some of his grabs lost their oki setups...but, those weren't exactly the best oki setups anyway, so no big loss.

Sweet, I tested the fHP into st. MP at psx, but didn't get a chance to confirm the cr.lp into flashchop. If f cr. HP doesn't trade as much anymore and comes out a bit faster (which it kinda looks like it does), I think I'll be cool with the changes.

I like this trend of giving characters AA followups.

Femto.

Before

After
CzxpH4OUcAAy5LE.jpg:large

Aww yeah.

BisonYes.gif

With combos like those Chun is a hyper fighting character.

Thanks. Sounds good. All my setups still working and even better now.

Plus you're now less likely to get dp'd out of your post-raida pressure.

I already think Ibuki is a lot of fun to play so I'm happy she's getting some nice improvements. Hopefully she can make some use of that glide now too.

Is Chun's VT still two bars? If so, I thought only 3 bar VTs could cancel specials into VT. Is this an across the board change?

That used to be the case (and I honestly wish it still was, as it was very consistent that way, now it's kinda wonky as to who can and who can't do it because of...reasons), but not anymore. Chun has 2-bars still and can do this. Guile and Ibuki now only have 2-bars and can still do this as well.

Grakl

That used to be the case (and I honestly wish it still was, as it was very consistent that way, now it's kinda wonky as to who can and who can't do it because of...reasons), but not anymore. Chun has 2-bars still and can do this. Guile and Ibuki now only have 2-bars and can still do this as well.
Ibuki is 3 bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom