• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchlol

Ah well , every Season needs its Zangief. Looks like its Mika's turn this year.

I think Season 2s Zangief... is still Zangief his bad matchups are likely to continue being bad. With Sim and Guile being much worse for Gief. The nerf to grey-life recovery. Starting to feel like gief will just be a yolo character where each match you roll the dice and hope you guess correctly.

jett

D-Member
I personally didnt have a very big problem , since I played an equally strong character. So I dont know how other characters would feel.
She definitely did deserve nerfs , but 875 HP is just dumb. She needs some HP so she can take risks to get in.

I just don't see the point in obliterating a character like this (if health nerf is true).

I personally didnt have a very big problem , since I played an equally strong character. So I dont know how other characters would feel.
She definitely did deserve nerfs , but 875 HP is just dumb. She needs some HP so she can take risks to get in.

I don't even care about her health. That was never the issue with Mika. She simply needed that mid level wall taken away from her Irish Whip. She's pretty unremarkable other than that.

I think Season 2s Zangief... is still Zangief his bad matchups are likely to continue being bad. With Sim and Guile being much worse for Gief. The nerf to grey-life recovery. Starting to feel like gief will just be a yolo character where each match you roll the dice and hope you guess correctly.

Well, yeah, you can't fix matchups, but Gief gets meter for headbutting projectiles so Guile can't sit back and get goofy all day without giving Gief resources. Plus he has three buttons to go right into CA so that's real nice.

I do think his vskill needs to not lose as much, but maybe that's in tandem with the lower damage.

Just tested it. Chun and Mika are definitely still 950 health.

Ahh, good to hear for Mika players I guess.

Playing Karin and Alex was a mistake. Seems like there is nothing new about them out there.

Nah choosing Ms. Kanzuki is never a mistake. She's already a lot of fun to play with anyway. I never care that much about these changes unless it increases combo potential because I'm not a tournament player.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Karin's biggest nerf is st.lk being +1 instead of +3, but I think that was too cheap anyway. I wonder if she can still combo meaty st.lk into cr.mp.

Qvoth

can someone test if gouki can autocorrect vskill follow-up from parrying a crossup?
it's just something i've been wondering

mbpm1

Respect and Discipline still don't show anything and those tabs are inaccessible, but at the very least I imagine the new ragequitting/disconnect system will probably open up Respect to start with. I wonder if they initially had some kind of player review in mind for that.

I wonder what is supposed to go in those tabs

Respect gonna count how many times you DP in blockstrings or teabag?

I wonder if there will be any characters from Mika's federation in S2

tumblr_oiaop57hP91qiyjzao1_540.png

Maple Storm as SF's first Canadian rep would be fine by me.

Unless they gave her a Minnesotan accent and tried to pass it off as Canadian like a billion others works cuz screw that nonsense

remz

Tbh I trust nothing till I see the patch is out. Guys are always making shit up every time there's a new build/update of a fighter

Wallach

If those leaked patch notes are true, Bison is still ass.

The 3f s.LK combined with the general loss of wakeup pressure from other characters helps him out a good bit, but they didn't really seem to do anything with his AA options while they are giving out fairly significant AA buffs to other characters after the s.LP AA nerfs.

Overall I am not crazy about what is in this build for him. I was really hoping that walkspeed comment was true because it would have mattered a lot, but there's no sign of it.

JayEH

Remember when a couple of weeks ago everyone thought bison was godlike... Reminds me of the week 1 discussions were bison and sim were top tier. I'm guessing Sim will be trash soon too :p

Going by those notes I think my boy Ryu got a little worse, but he still seems fine overall. The only useful buff seems to be the st. HK being cancelable. It seems very useful especially for those close cross ups that would cause DP to whiff. Now you get more damage with meter.

Aside from that it's a bunch of useless buffs from the looks of it. Solar Plexus being +8 or st. MP being +7 on hit doesn't sound like it adds anything new that's more useful than what he could already do.

My only gripe is that axe kick is +16 on hit after VT canceling the first hit. I mean come the fuck on, at least make it +17 so you could link into Solar plexus. The first hit does 40 damage and VT scales it further. But it will only work on counter hit. Too expensive, does less damage than other VT cancels, and you have to hope for a counter hit otherwise you do even less damage. It wouldn't even be a good combo if it were possible, it would just be interesting to be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom