• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only character we've seen so far that has gotten nothing BUT nerfs is Mika.

Everyone else seems to have gotten better or a mixture of buffs/nerfs.
Not sure where that rumor came from. I tested Mika and Chun earlier and they definitely both still had 950 health.
Yeah, thanks for the confirmation. That did indeed seem too big a hit for those characters.

Moaradin

I don't even play Chun.

And I think that it would be such bullshit if she actually had 875 health in season 2. She is good, but she is NOT that good. EDIT2: People are saying that Mika too has 875 health? Wtf?

EDIT: Oh Cammy's DP while she's in V-Trigger is still fully invincible on startup.

Not sure where that rumor came from. I tested Mika and Chun earlier and they definitely both still had 950 health.

Neoxon

Guile's Sonic Boom loops are back, albeit performed slightly differently.

RealDistortedConey-size_restricted.gif

Goodstyle

FANG changes from redditor who has tested:

After talking with a few people who did tests..
We can combo into st.HP off st.LP and Senpukuga (coward crouch kick) CH now. This is pretty big since it ups our CH Combo damage by about 50.
Our V-Reversal has Nash's properties now. Completely invincible to normal attacks during recovery.
Cancelling the command dash into Senpukuga looks like it'll be a useful thing. It's very fast and can be ambiguous.
A number of FANG's normals are slower (and in turn, a few of his normals have more hit advantage). This seems like something that they've done to most of the cast though. cr.MP is 7 frames now, which may end up being a huge problem if a lot of moves are all of a sudden not punishable by it like they were before (I assume they will be, or it would kill FANG).
V-Trigger lets us cancel off normals into specials without any charge time required, just needs the input done (like Necalli in V-Trigger right now). Definitely a buff, how much of one remains to be seen.
Sadly it doesn't seem like Poison was buffed at all which was my #1 wish, but it is indirectly buffed because white life is more threatening now than before.

Really bummed at poison going unbuffed, but I'm glad they made his V-Reversal fucking usable.

I don't even play Chun.

And I think that it would be such bullshit if she actually had 875 health in season 2. She is good, but she is NOT that good. EDIT2: People are saying that Mika too has 875 health? Wtf?

EDIT: Oh Cammy's DP while she's in V-Trigger is still fully invincible on startup.

Hahahahaha. Love those changes on Mika and Chun.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even play Chun.

Oh, have people tested Ken, Ryu and Necalli in V-Trigger state? Might be similar.

Really bummed at poison going unbuffed, but I'm glad they made his V-Reversal fucking usable.

Hahahahaha. Love those changes on Mika and Chun.
Yeah his V-Reversal was legitimate shit, so good that they fixed that. Also glad that the coward's crouch cancel is now actually usable, it was just pointless before.

And that's not actually a change. I read it on reddit but Moaradin confirmed that that is not actually the case.

Capcom's reluctance to release the complete balance info is just the worst. Are we really getting the balance update on the 20th?

yup. This was clearly unintended and Capcom is just going to try and pretend this didn't happen.

Capcom seriously needs to stop letting stuff leak before it's intended date of announcement/release.

DJwest

Why are there story mode exclusive stages? I'm now playing through the story mode and I've counted so far at least 4 stages that can't be selected or even bought to be used in other modes. Super dumb.

Marvel

could never
I'm sure they will come eventually for obscene amounts of FM. The one with the chair the girl sat in was cool.

Csr

Our V-Reversal has Nash's properties now. Completely invincible to normal attacks during recovery.

I thought you could punish Nash v-reversal on recovery it is just that it goes quickly far away so it is hard to punish.
There are even various videos on youtube showing how you can do it with some chars.

I thought you could punish Nash v-reversal on recovery it is just that it goes quickly far away so it is hard to punish.
There are even various videos on youtube showing how you can do it with some chars.

Yeah, I used to think that it was invincible too until I saw a clip of it being punished. That's a legitimate buff for FANG though, if it's true.

Mr. X

Punishing Nash v-reversal currently, you either throw him on start up or punish his recovery. Chun can backdash throw, Urien can reaction Aegis if he has it.

I mean I get why people are hungry for this shit. I don't blame anyone for wanting these patch notes.but there's a whole host of reasons, one of which that shit might not be final if the update comes on the 20th.

Besides questionable Mika choices, everything looks really good as a sum total. I wanted more v-stuff but these buffs and nerfs are seemingly pushing people to use them more often so it equals out for me. And more combo potential off aa's and air juggles has me excited as fuck.

Kashiwaba

Why are there story mode exclusive stages? I'm now playing through the story mode and I've counted so far at least 4 stages that can't be selected or even bought to be used in other modes. Super dumb.
Even the soundtracks some of the story mode music are way better what we are forced to listen to everyday hope we get the option to use them too.

Capcom's reluctance to release the complete balance info is just the worst. Are we really getting the balance update on the 20th?

Is it "reluctance" or "originally planned release date"?

Why is Capcom the only FG company required to release patch notes weeks before the patch?

In the past, NRS and SNK released their patch notes the day of or the day before, and no one complained.

Pompadour

Why is Capcom the only FG company required to release patch notes weeks before the patch?

In the past, NRS and SNK released their patch notes the day of or the day before, and no one complained.

Yeah, I think all this complaining is silly. And also further complaining that S2 got leaked like that's a bad thing. The patch changes are likely coming when they come for any other fighting game (right around patch release) and if that bothers you then there's plenty of people reporting balance changes they find.

Anyway, I got a 20% off PSN purchase code and I'm going to buy the Season Pass (and UMvC3) and I'm wondering if there's anything else I should buy? Sadly there doesn't seem to be a way to buy other costumes from the PS store proper unless I'm missing something.

Yeah, I think all this complaining is silly. And also further complaining that S2 got leaked like that's a bad thing. The patch changes are likely coming when they come for any other fighting game (right around patch release) and if that bothers you then there's plenty of people reporting balance changes they find.

Anyway, I got a 20% off PSN purchase code and I'm going to buy the Season Pass (and UMvC3) and I'm wondering if there's anything else I should buy? Sadly there doesn't seem to be a way to buy other costumes from the PS store proper unless I'm missing something.

MAYBE the Holiday bundle which contains all the holiday dlc will also be available on the storefront? Might wanna wait for that though tbh, it's a bit of a longshot IMO.

Currently, all the in-game purchases aren't available through the store so you're a bit out of luck there.

Pompadour

MAYBE the Holiday bundle which contains all the holiday dlc will also be available on the storefront? Might wanna wait for that though tbh, it's a bit of a longshot IMO.

Currently, all the in-game purchases aren't available through the store so you're a bit out of luck there.

I did think about that but, sadly, that bundle is released on the 20th and this code expires on the 19th.

I'd also pick up MvCI right now but it's not up for sale as of yet for whatever reason. I only buy fighting games digital because I'm likely to return to them.

I did think about that but, sadly, that bundle is released on the 20th and this code expires on the 19th.

I'd also pick up MvCI right now but it's not up for sale as of yet for whatever reason. I only buy fighting games digital because I'm likely to return to them.
Aah ok, that sucks. Injustice 2 is available for pre-order, you can go for that if you're interested.

JayEH

I think everyone is just annoyed that the game has been playable at psx and now this leak and a lot of misinformation is being spread because of it. Ibuki 2 bar v trigger, 875 chun health, etc.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm hoping the final patch is different than the leak. It would be cool if there were a few surprises to discover.

Skab

Bruh. Video has already been posted multiple times in the last day here.

just messing I'm really looking forward to playing him in S2

Sorrrryyyy

I've been swamped with work/bs outside of work and am just now catching up on all the recent season 2 stuff :[

What reluctance?
You'll get your patch notes when the patch drops.
I was aware even when I typed that post that you are both right. They really gotta learn how to keep the genie in the bottle already, though. I probably wouldn't be so antsy if there were a comprehensive list of Alex changes like Birdie and many others have gotten.

Sorrrryyyy

I've been swamped with work/bs outside of work and am just now catching up on all the recent season 2 stuff :[

Just giving you a hard time no worries. I'm super busy with work as well. Got deadlines to meet and new systems to launch on January 3rd :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom