• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

Couldn't even let Bison have just a clean buff to stand short. Had to nerf the hitbox and hitstun. I don't get it.

I have not seen a nerf to the hitbox. The hitstun was nerfed with the drop to 3f to prevent CH combo into c.MP which would have been dumb as fuck.

Cz4iCGCVIAE9-7g.jpg

Scotia

Banned
I had 2 finals 2 weeks ago
3 finals last week
and i got 3 finals this week

Life is rough rn... Akuma will be there for me the 21th tho

Damn man, that's rough.

I've got 10+ auditions to oversee on Tuesday and Wednesday (we're casting for our final major film of university) so I'm not going to be able to play Akuma till Wednesday night at the absolute latest. Feels bad man :(

Whales

Banned
Are you in like extraneous classes high school or something

Whhaaaat?

nope, in university.... studying to become a dentist. That's why I have so many classes lol

But at least im not the only one with the struggle, everyone is in their finals stretch :)

Damn man, that's rough.

I've got 10+ auditions to oversee on Tuesday and Wednesday (we're casting for our final major film of university) so I'm not going to be able to play Akuma till Wednesday night at the absolute lateness. Feels bad man :(

exactly the same here... feels bad indeed

Just watching these twitter and youtube clips of him doing bonker combos makes me salivate

nope, in university.... studying to become a dentist. That's why I have so many classes lol

But at least im not the only one with the struggle, everyone is in their finals stretch :)
Aaah ok. Good luck with the whole dentistry thing!

Still can't fully wrap my head around having 11 classes in one semester. Computer Science has made me weak.

SUPARSTARX

Some of y'all freaking out too hard. This is still primarily a test build. Final one is likely more refined than what we're playing with this week.

The final stretch is here man. Just watch the last day of NEC17, have dinner, go to sleep tonight.
Finish your Monday school/class/work off well, have a nice hearty afternoon at the gym, get your food, sleep early, wake up early Tuesday and play some new SFV season 2! :)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I have not seen a nerf to the hitbox. The hitstun was nerfed with the drop to 3f to prevent CH combo into c.MP which would have been dumb as fuck.

According to arlieth the hitbox is smaller and the hurtbox got pushed further forward. I really don't see why it would be dumb though. Bison has zero dirt. Can he get some dirt? I see zero reason to be afraid of the character. (I'm hoping I'm wrong but have a strong feeling that I'm not).

I haven't really played since launch but recently checked it out this morning. Really out of the loop I suppose but I thought all stuff was to be purchasable with fight money such as costumes...guess that's not though cause it tells me to buy through steam.

JayEH

I haven't really played since launch but recently checked it out this morning. Really out of the loop I suppose but I thought all stuff was to be purchasable with fight money such as costumes...guess that's not though cause it tells me to buy through steam.

Everything but premium costumes.

Wallach

According to arlieth the hitbox is smaller and the hurtbox got pushed further forward. I really don't see why it would be dumb though. Bison has zero dirt. Can he get some dirt? I see zero reason to be afraid of the character. (I'm hoping I'm wrong but have a strong feeling that I'm not).

I'm pretty sure both the hitbox and the hurtbox are further forward. It's pretty inconsequential either way, you can still frame trap s.LP into c.MP into s.LK on wakeup, and none of his existing extensions (like s.LK xx LK DKP xx VTC, s.LK) fail to reach.

CH s.LK combo into c.MP would be dumb because c.MP into s.LK is now already a frame trap with c.MP being +1 oB and s.LK being 3f. The s.LP, c.MP, s.LK wakeup string already has 2 separate frame traps in it now, he doesn't need to be able to combo back into c.MP & M enders off it. With no meterless reversals and a 3f normal all of Bison's frame traps are now far harder to get away from, and his oki game has arguably improved while a lot of other characters got hit hard in this regard.

There's really only two changes I would like to see for the final patch, Psycho Axe startup nerf reverted (this IMO is the only change in the beta that I find offensive) and c.HP lowered from 10f to at least 8f.

Sigmaah

Lmao at that chun st.lk aa hitbox!!!

AND NIGGAS TOLD ME THAT SHIT WAS FINE AS IS LMAOOOOOO!!!!

That akuma video tho ahhhhh!!!!

YES I CAN BE TOP TIER NOW!

Edzi

Just saw a tweet by Ultra David saying he thinks/hopes all the s2 changes will be reverted. Why does it seem so so many big names in the FGC don't like these changes?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm pretty sure both the hitbox and the hurtbox are further forward. It's pretty inconsequential either way, you can still frame trap s.LP into c.MP into s.LK on wakeup, and none of his existing extensions (like s.LK xx LK DKP xx VTC, s.LK) fail to reach.

CH s.LK combo into c.MP would be dumb because c.MP into s.LK is now already a frame trap with c.MP being +1 oB and s.LK being 3f. The s.LP, c.MP, s.LK wakeup string already has 2 separate frame traps in it now, he doesn't need to be able to combo back into c.MP & M enders off it. With no meterless reversals and a 3f normal all of Bison's frame traps are now far harder to get away from, and his oki game has arguably improved while a lot of other characters got hit hard in this regard.

There's really only two changes I would like to see for the final patch, Psycho Axe startup nerf reverted (this IMO is the only change in the beta that I find offensive) and c.HP lowered from 10f to at least 8f.

Objectively speaking and putting (or trying to at least) the nerdboy rage aside. They're just touching shit that doesn't need touching. No reason why they had to nerf stand strong, devils reverse, skull diver (fucking skull diver? really??) psycho axe, shadow axe too depending on your pov. Meanwhile low forward still doesn't combo into ex inferno like it did (and should) during the last beta. Headstomp/ devils reverse hitboxes are still pathetic. None of his specials got better. Couldn't even make ex scissors airborne so he doesn't get thrown out of it.

The only thing that changed is that his super linear pressure is now slightly tighter. Other characters are getting some good stuff but the dev team is telling bison players 'don't worry the system changes will buff your character'. No. Actual Buffs will buff my character. If they gave him an 8f cr hp like you suggested I think that alone could make him considerably better. But a 3f stand short doesn't warrant how much they've taken away from him (yet again). I'm really hoping that the actual patch is different from the leaked one. I just don't see him being competitive as is.

JayEH

Just saw a tweet by Ultra David saying he thinks/hopes all the s2 changes will be reverted. Why does it seem so so many big names in the FGC don't like these changes?

They'll get over it. No point in judging a patch before we 1. Know it's final 2. Spend a significant amount of time with the new changes.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Agreed that she'll still be good. Of course Mika mains are gonna be upset though, they never thought she was good to begin with. Same thing is happening to Ken mains.

Are Ken mains upset? I can't find a comprehensive list of Ken changes anywhere and nobody is talking about him here.

I saw some stuff on BananaKen's Twitter and a couple of notes on Reddit and that's it.

David wants more options but in my opinion that's exactly what's happening here. Like characters need to lose some things to gain some things. FM whining about chun li nerf is hilarious because it's just what some pro players do when their main gets hit with the bat, but it's not like she won't be strong. Her ground game is what is important now and that's fine.

I don't think he was saying he wants all of the changes reverted. He specifically said he hopes all of the nerfs get reverted. I think there's a big difference there. I don't really agree with him though.

kirblar

I don't think he was saying he wants all of the changes reverted. He specifically said he hopes all of the nerfs get reverted. I think there's a big difference there. I don't really agree with him though.
It's stupid thinking and he should know better. They're not "nerfing" just to nerf- they're systematically targeting a lot of bs-y unfun stuff like AA lights and instant air legs.

Yeah that's what I remembered. I wouldn't get those expectations too high.

I don't think the Season 2 patch and Akuma are separate, unconnected things. We've seen no evidence of any build that includes Akuma, but has none of the changes that have been seen between PSX and the leaked beta. The PSX build and the build from WSO this week both seem to indicate that the Akuma patch and the Season 2 patch are the same thing.

Dahbomb

They talked about it on Ultrachen.

A lot of the changes run counter to each other. There's no DPs anymore... yet the game still has the CC system for reversals. The no DP system kinda undermines the CC punish against DP system.

They want the game to be honest and reward more for blocking but white health regens so slow, you are punished more for blocking.

Most people like the change to throws though.

kirblar

I don't think the Season 2 patch and Akuma are separate, unconnected things. We've seen no evidence of any build that includes Akuma, but has none of the changes that have been seen between PSX and the leaked beta. The PSX build and the build from WSO this week both seem to indicate that the Akuma patch and the Season 2 patch are the same thing.
Would not be surprised if the Akuma changes are going to be a beta version they adjust in a month, much like they did w/ USF4 Arcade v Console.

Kashiwaba

Probably because many of them don't want to start relearning everything from scratch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom