• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
I don't react well to getting t-bagged online damn... I just fall apart. Mission accomplished I guess lol.

Lv 17 Urien got ppl feeling themselves. I've only done his trials.

FluxWaveZ

What more can we say about the dead?

Irish whip they appear to fall faster. 2x dash EX peach no longer works, 1x dash EX peach works

2x dash EX Peach as an irish Whip follow-up? Does someone have a video example of this or something, because when did that ever work?

Edit: Nvm, I got it. That's really tight timing; no wonder I've never seen this before.

Who doesnt have a 300+ CC punish though? Especially when VT is active
f_a_n_g.png

So some Mika stuff. All of this was taken from the R. Mika season 2 thread on SRK.

- st. LP is 4f (was 3f) and +4 oH (was +3)
- st. MP is +8 oH (was +7). links into st. MK
- cr. LP still 3f
- cr. HP is -6 oB (was -4)
- cr. MK is +3 oH (was +2). links into cr. LP
- TC pushback severely reduced. Very easy to punish now
- f+MP is 0 on hit and -8 oB (was +2/-2)

btw even with the Irish whip not bouncing midscreen I found some stuff:

passion press > M airplane = you can do a meaty cr. LP after that
passion press > EX airplane = meaty st./cr. MP works.
passion press > H airplane = you're negative but you land right in the opponent's face.
passion press > L airplane = you can whiff punish lights with st. HK

So basically you can still put the opponent into a mixup after passion press mid screen.

About her throw advantage:
forward throw = +3, no pressure after that
back throw = +12
forward throw on crouchers = still a huge advantage, you can dash and do a meaty f+HP after that
brimstone = still +2 after dash, can't do it twice in a row but you can go into typhoon after that
EX brimstone = +15, you can do EX brimstone > dash > L brimstone
typhoon = +11, in the corner you can do meaty f+HP after that
Some previously unmentioned changes nerfs courtesy of HDJammerz (i.e. someone from the UK who's actually had time with some recent-ish version of the game:
- V-Skill damage boost reduced -_-
- You know the situation where you try to anti-air with cr.MP but get hit and air reset but recover before your opponent and hit them first? Yeah, that's gone.
Advantage after throws (so it's settled once and for all):

forward throw: +3
forward throw on crouchers: +22
back throw: +11
Typhoon: +26
EX Typhoon: +15
Brimstone: +20
EX Brimstone: +20
Airplane: +19
EX Airplane: +19

So yes, you're still +2 after dash on Brimstone.
And yes, her command grabs are still better than Laura's.
And finally I think I misstimed myself, you can still do L Brimstone loops.

I've been saying this for a while that even with the nerfs, she's still a solid character. She just has to play more honest to get her vortex game going.

And the v-skill nerf has to be some sort of running gag at the Capcom balance team or something.

galvenize

Evo top 8 wishlist:
One juri, aiai pls
One urien, RB pls
One zangief, snake/Itazan pls
One Alex, uuhh
One ibuki, Sako pls
One balrog, balrog pls
One Akuma, tokido pls
One of the newcomers, Infiltration pls

Whales

Banned
no info on the new chars right?

capcom... I kinda qanna know what im getting into by spending 40$ on your season pass...

do we even get akuma's stage by buying the season pass?

no info on the new chars right?

capcom... I kinda qanna know what im getting into by spending 40$ on your season pass...

do we even get akuma's stage by buying the season pass?
40$? Did you mistype?

Also no, no stage. Just 5 of the assassins from F.A.N.G's former Guild for the characters.

EDIT: Their names just got leaked.

Dopey, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy and Grumpy

Edzi

I've been saying this for a while that even with the nerfs, she's still a solid character. She just has to play more honest to get her vortex game going.

And the v-skill nerf has to be some sort of running gag at the Capcom balance team or something.

Agreed that she'll still be good. Of course Mika mains are gonna be upset though, they never thought she was good to begin with. Same thing is happening to Ken mains.

FluxWaveZ

Actually, I'm not that confident that she's still a solid character. cr.HP as a good approach tool is gone. Passion press as a viable footsie tool (one of her only good ones) is gone. Throws got nerfed all-around.

She's more honest now, but that is fundamentally counter to the way she was designed before. I think the fact that she's lost her strong mid-screen options means that she most certainly has gone down the tier list quite a bit compared to what we've been hearing about the rest of the cast.

Whales

Banned
40$? Did you mistype?

Also no, no stage. Just 5 of the assassins from F.A.N.G's former Guild.

i should have precised that its 40 CAD :( fuck our economy

Also what? I missed the former guild thing... You got more info?
or are you just trolling you FANG loving weirdo

Well with names like these im buying dat season pass

thx capcom

tbh the only reason im buying it is for akuma's nostalgia costume because his new one looks like shit lol

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm not sure how to tell you this.

I don't think the Nostalgia costume is actually part of the season pass.

Each 2017 character comes with a Premium Battle costume with colors 3-10 unlocked. Additionally, Street Fighter® V 2017 Character Pass holders will receive an exclusive PS4 theme and default costume colors 3-10 for all Season 2 characters!
The Nostalgia costume is separate. Though we don't know if it's a premium costume or can be purchased with FM.

Zackat

does her v-skill charge faster?

like does the damage boost come at a faster rate. that could explain why they nerfed the high end of the damage. other than that I couldn't imagine why.

Whales

Banned
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm not sure how to tell you this.

I don't think the Nostalgia costume is actually part of the season pass.

jesus christ

good thing I asked before buying it... LOL

Then what's akuma premium costume? I thought it was the nostalgia one?
Is it the one where his eye has a mark? I thought that was the story one

Or I guess we still don't know because capcom doesnt like giving out info. Smh

that battle outfit is worse than the story outfit.
It has the "fixed" face from the nostalgia costume and the lion's mane from the default. I love it.

But as a costume that can only be acquired by paying, it's a bit shit tbh. Especially compared to his dope story outfit.

Mika is still annoying until they nerf this
Can't you do this with literally every character with a hcf command throw?

Unless you're specifically referring to the charged st.hk xx st.lp xx command throw? Cause that is just an integral part of the character.

Zackat

It has the "fixed" face from the nostalgia costume and the lion's mane from the default. I love it.

But as a costume that can only be acquired by paying, it's a bit shit tbh. Especially compared to his dope story outfit.

yeah I meant the outfit part. compared to other battle costumes it is really lackluster.

Actually, I'm not that confident that she's still a solid character. cr.HP as a good approach tool is gone. Passion press as a viable footsie tool (one of her only good ones) is gone. Throws got nerfed all-around.

She's more honest now, but that is fundamentally counter to the way she was designed before. I think the fact that she's lost her strong mid-screen options means that she most certainly has gone down the tier list quite a bit compared to what we've been hearing about the rest of the cast.

Yeah I agree, not gonna drop her because I like the character a lot, but it's going to be hard to not spend more time on someone else instead.

Wow, this is cool...Guile's c.LK, s.MP target combo is a 3f trap now and forces stand. This means much easier confirms into the backfist and VTC combos.

Edit: Any s.MP forces stand now on CH.

Another edit: Looks like it always did, but the target combo was a blockstring instead of a frame trap.

leroidys

Alex changes look interesting- I'm not convinced that they are a net positive but it looks like stomp and headbutt will be much more viable.

His best pokes got wrecked though, that's going to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom