• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigmaah

The nerf to aa lights and dp are the best things I could've asked for, for s2.

Y'all get to play like me now :>

BEST RESPECK MY MEATY ON UR WAKE UP NOW BOIIII

Skab

Season 2 boxer changes

Cz7HuN2VQAA2tjD.jpg

Bison mains

IN 2017

therearedozensofus.gif

Alex changes look interesting- I'm not convinced that they are a net positive but it looks like stomp and headbutt will be much more viable.

His best pokes got wrecked though, that's going to hurt.
His pokes are okay. What I really hoped for was a big improvement to his v-skill, but nothing has materialized on that front. His powerbombs could also use one less frame at startup.

Aaah ok. Good luck with the whole dentistry thing!

Still can't fully wrap my head around having 11 classes in one semester. Computer Science has made me weak.

I don't think I ever had more than 4-5 classes a semester when I was in school for comp sci.

11 classes sounds absolutely insane.

His pokes are okay. What I really hoped for was a big improvement to his v-skill, but nothing has materialized on that front. His powerbombs could also use one less frame at startup.

If they did that they'd have to redo his f+hp and other things. Alex has too much burst/stun potential for them to give his power bombs 1 less frame. If they entered the grab range by a small amount I would like that personally.

Don't really know what they could do to improve his vskill besides make it activate faster without reworking it.

Just saw a tweet by Ultra David saying he thinks/hopes all the s2 changes will be reverted. Why does it seem so so many big names in the FGC don't like these changes?

It's getting rid of jumps and corner escapes. It's obvious why. They are buffing so much on offense that health being reduced as well as nerfing Dragon Punches.

Some of y'all freaking out too hard. This is still primarily a test build. Final one is likely more refined than what we're playing with this week.

The final stretch is here man. Just watch the last day of NEC17, have dinner, go to sleep tonight.
Finish your Monday school/class/work off well, have a nice hearty afternoon at the gym, get your food, sleep early, wake up early Tuesday and play some new SFV season 2! :)

I remember when people said this when I said they ruined Bison after Beta 1. "It's just a beta", blahblahblah.

These Bison changes are ASS.

I don't think I ever had more than 4-5 classes a semester when I was in school for comp sci.

11 classes sounds absolutely insane.

If they did that they'd have to redo his f+hp and other things. Alex has too much burst/stun potential for them to give his power bombs 1 less frame. If they entered the grab range by a small amount I would like that personally.

Don't really know what they could do to improve his vskill besides make it activate faster without reworking it.
I'm pretty sure his powerbomb range was increased slightly across the board. It had terrible range in season 1.

ArjanN

Well it was about time. I know it was a unique part of being a shoto but fuck not having to use meter to get out of pressure and keeping your 3 bars for super all the time.

This. A lot of shoto players relied on that really hard. I mean, they probably still will, but at least there's the tradeoff of not losing bar for super now.

Edzi

Not that I know of, though the number of people seeking matches here has lessened these days. Maybe it'll pick back up with the start of S2 and the end (or start) of the holidays.

I'll be back for season 2, I imagine a lot of people are waiting.

SephLuis

Not that I know of, though the number of people seeking matches here has lessened these days. Maybe it'll pick back up with the start of S2 and the end (or start) of the holidays.

I'm traveling, otherwise I would still be playing sometimes =(

The internet here is shit but I will still try to DL the patch tomorrow. It will just take an eternity and a half.

Interesting video on the possibilities of Capcom making people use vskills more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hDaJKuRANA

What gets me is that there's more shit not in the beta, so that means what we are seeing right now isn't the full extent of changes.

If they can make most of the characters viable with their v-skills, I think it'll help the game heavily. From a gameplay perspective, it just allows more depth and more usability. Urien is getting a buff in that department, so now I'll be more willing to use it and incorporate it into my gameplan. Some characters don't need a buff but just reworking their gameplan around an existing v-skill. And some characters getting TCs into v-skills like Nash would be awesome, since meter is supposedly harder to come by and spent less frequent.

From a viewership perspective, it's going to help people identify with the characters more and add more visual variance. Kinda like FADC, in a way. If they do good on that front (lord help Mika) and keep throwing in more good buffs and nerfs, S2 is going to look like Super did to IV.

I would have liked more v-skills and more CAs, but the changes are pretty damn big so I can't complain.

Interesting video on the possibilities of Capcom making people use vskills more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hDaJKuRANA

What gets me is that there's more shit not in the beta, so that means what we are seeing right now isn't the full extent of changes.

If they can make most of the characters viable with their v-skills, I think it'll help the game heavily. From a gameplay perspective, it just allows more depth and more usability. Urien is getting a buff in that department, so now I'll be more willing to use it and incorporate it into my gameplan. Some characters don't need a buff but just reworking their gameplan around an existing v-skill. And some characters getting TCs into v-skills like Nash would be awesome, since meter is supposedly harder to come by and spent less frequent.

From a viewership perspective, it's going to help people identify with the characters more and add more visual variance. Kinda like FADC, in a way. If they do good on that front (lord help Mika) and keep throwing in more good buffs and nerfs, S2 is going to look like Super did to IV.

I would have liked more v-skills and more CAs, but the changes are pretty damn big so I can't complain.
If this is true, I really hope we're getting something more with Alex's v-skill. Getting a free counter hit is pretty great in concept, but everything else about it is pretty lackluster.

Kashiwaba

Most people are busy with exams, holidays, playing new games (ffxv, the last guardian...etc) and other things during this time so I assume after Christmas and New year people will go back to SFV.

Stupid question time. Trying to find a move Chun does with her feet from crouch. I seem to do it by accident a lot. Reminds me of Sonya leg grab in Mortal Kombat only not a grab but that same general motion

EDIT: Also does the dpad not work with that native DS4 steam support? Works fine with ds4windows but only the sticks work when using steam native

Wait where is the stream for NEC? Spooky is down right now.

If this is true, I really hope we're getting something more with Alex's v-skill. Getting a free counter hit is pretty great in concept, but everything else about it is pretty lackluster.

They should probably work Alex around it instead of changing it. That's a big deal to get someone on dizzy or land a counterhit after warming up, but it shouldn't be easily abuseable. Then again, it shouldn't be so damn rare that you only see people do it once a year.

Bob White

HOLY SHIT the Christmas stage music is fucking legit old school jazzy capcom! Saw it leak early this week but just now checking it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom