• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna mention that too. Gotta be the worst one in the entire game by far. No effort put into it at all.

Common misconception...just because you don't like something doesn't mean no effort was put into it.

It's a completely new animation he's never had before in any SF game. Ever.

So, by default lots of effort was put in it.

Also, the best part about it is the extreme close up at the beginning and the facial expressions of both Gief and his frightened opponent ("MUSCLE POWER, FULLY OPEN!"). Obviously you aren't going to get any of that with a long range, stationary camera.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really like Zangief's CA. He puts people into the ground. And they modeled it for every stage depending on the ground it happens on. Definitely not "no effort put into it", those are the fireball ones.

Pompadour

Is that light or medium knee drop?

It's light but start the round with medium. My basic strategy was to do two cr.MP xx LK Knee Drop. I saved my meter for reversals and invested in Atk Up to make the matches go faster. The benefit to this exploit is that the CPU blocks it less than they do mashed out SRKs so you'll get more knockdowns.

With that said, it's not fool proof. Case in point I just now tried Urien Hard Survival and lost at 50. I'd turn on Fight Request as that saved me twice in the 90s of Extreme.

If you really want to clear Extreme/Hell survival, why not do it with Ken or Ryu and abuse the mp.dp trick?

You can also spam Rashid's heavy eagle kick to at least get through hard. Hell might not work.

Marvel

could never
zhbvb8D.jpg

Pompadour

If you really want to clear Extreme/Hell survival, why not do it with Ken or Ryu and abuse the mp.dp trick?

You can also spam Rashid's heavy eagle kick to at least get through hard. Hell might not work.

I tried all of those and Urien was the one that worked. It seems more random than anything, though.

I don't recall. I kinda went in expecting to lose early. I was watching some stuff in the background so it wasnt a total loss. Still, 100 rounds is ridiculous. I still can't believe someone OK'd that.

It's a shame.
You were so close to being ready to play well online. ;)

FluxWaveZ

yall know Chun still gonna be the best char in the game right

Hey man, between this and the st.LK nerf, it's still good times.

https://mobile.twitter.com/OminousGames/status/810304604500004864

More Boxer changes.

Some things that caught my eye: Screw Upper start up reduced, St HP CC now, all normals made stubbier :(

All those buffs. What do you mean by stubbier? It seems the only normal that got its range reduced was st.LK (of all moves, that?).

If you mean the hurtboxes, that's a great, great buff. Balrog was a trade magnet, and it's one of the reasons I complained about him so much before. He wore his hurtboxes on his sleeve, which was a real pain in the ass. They've rectified that a bunch now.

Fang is tall. You might still get hit :p

It's ok though, she's -oB now :)
Hey man, between this and the st.LK nerf, it's still good times.

All those buffs. What do you mean by stubbier? It seems the only normal that got its range reduced was st.LK (of all moves, that?).

If you mean the hurtboxes, that's a great, great buff. Balrog was a trade magnet, and it's one of the reasons I complained about him so much before. He wore his hurtboxes on his sleeve, which was a real pain in the ass. They've rectified that a bunch now.
His st.lk and his cr.mp had the hitbox reduced and the cr.mk has it's overall range reduced.

So it's not all normals but, yeah. Buffs certainly outweigh the nerfs though.

HardRojo

Sometimes I feel like not playing this game anymore. Online around here is so fucking bad, it takes me like 5-10 minutes to find matches and sometimes the connection is lost before I even reach the loading screen, not to mention how frustrating when you lose a close match and want to get right back into another one, but the long wait for the next match kills any interest I have left.
When I watch streams people get matches left and right, why isn't it like that around d here?

FluxWaveZ

His st.lk and his cr.mp had the hitbox reduced and the cr.mk has it's overall range reduced.

So it's not all normals but, yeah.

That's right, I just saw those now. I guess that kind of sucks, since those two are pretty much his go-to pokes. Though isn't cr.MK a low now? Or did that change not stick from PSX? I feel like that was going around, but it might have been another dumb rumor. If it was true, it'd at least make the cr.MK range nerf make more sense.

JayEH

I believe he confused hurtboxes with hitboxes.

You're right I did. My bad. Gotta stop assuming the worst :p

That's right, I just saw those now. I guess that kind of sucks, since those two are pretty much his go-to pokes. Though isn't cr.MK a low now? Or did that change not stick from PSX? I feel like that was going around, but it might have been another dumb rumor. If it was true, it'd at least make the cr.MK range nerf make more sense.

It's still low

All this work and nobody has said shit about Mika.

Hmmmmmm

What more can we say about the dead?

Passion Press -8
Irish whip no longer gets invisible wall, only bounces in the corner
Irish whip they appear to fall faster. 2x dash EX peach no longer works, 1x dash EX peach works
s.LP 4f. Therefore s.LK, s.LP is not a combo (and cant hitconfirm into linked CA on normal hit)
c.HP -1 at best on block, still +3 on hit
s.HK still -4

JayEH

It's ok mika will be top tier again in season 3.

Also seems like rog's armor move is still not frame 1. Guess the rumor about all armor moves being frame 1 was false.

Fitts

Have been super busy lately and haven't had time to play anything much less keep up with the S2 changes. Happy to see that I dropped by at the right time -- I'll take those boxer buffs. It takes the sting out of Mika getting nerfed too hard and Sim getting buffed at all.

...but none of it will matter that much to me anyway since I'm a filthy casual.

JayEH

Should have mentioned CC but yeah.

They're just buffing Chun's ground game. She's still gonna be the "safest" pick for top players but she just doesn't have as much "cheap" (Nuki's words, not mine) options now with a worse V-Trigger, slightly worse wakeup (at least in a scramble situation), and the much needed nerf to IAL.

Which is the way it should be. Having total control of the air and ground was just too much.

I really hope FANG's cr.hp also gets the juggle state after the second hit. Currently it only happens after the first hit but it's incredibly bad to follow up with anything since it'll probably whiff unless the enemy is directly in front and above of you when you do it.

Or maybe the cr.mk?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Couldn't even let Bison have just a clean buff to stand short. Had to nerf the hitbox and hitstun. I don't get it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I have absolutely no idea how S2 is going to turn out by now. Many characters have a page of changes on top of a few general ones to the game. And we're getting six new characters with that new balance in mind.
Anything could happen.
I'm stoked.

That's not her full changes.
Can't seem to find many others though. If you can link them, that'd be handy.

I have absolutely no idea how S2 is going to turn out by now. Many characters have a page of changes on top of a few general ones to the game. And we're getting six new characters with that new balance in mind.
Anything could happen.
I'm stoked.
I know, right?

So excited to see how those 5 new characters shape up since they won't have any expectations to live upto or movesets that they have to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom