• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wong playing Chun, bodied. Shine using Ibuki, bodied.
Punk staying faithful to Karin...wins the tournament. Good end to season 1.

But NEC really showed again why you can't patch balance too frequently in a fighting game. It's still getting figured out.

And yeah...Birdie. I always thought he's really good. More options than most characters, good range, good damage. And now it looks like he's getting buffed, damn.
I never understood how people didn't see it either. Mika aside, Birdie was an easy candidate for second strongest grappler and a decent character even on his worst day. Alex and Zangief just don't compare.

Mœbius

They also threw in default colours 3-10, so Capcom flip flopping can still happen throughout season 2.
They most certainly could, we never know with Capcom! ;) (Although colours are one thing and stages another.) I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's unlikely re: the stage unless it is handed out later as an apology to season pass holders.

The name and description on the PSN store is pretty clear: 'Street Fighter V - Character Pass 2017'

kirblar

I always thought Birdie was one of my hardest match-ups back when I played Karin.
The problem for Birdie in that matchup is that every time Karin touches him, about a quarter of his lifebar tends to vanish. (And she gets a lot of opportunities to touch him.) The penalty for messing up's a lot higher vs her and her normals are good at playing his game against him.

The Japanese CFN site just announced the time for maintenance. Looks like it's going to be 12 PM to 8 PM EST.

That's:

9 AM to 5 PM PST
5 PM to 1 AM GMT
6 PM to 2 AM CET
9 PM to 5 AM GST
2 AM (Wednesday) to 10 AM (Wednesday) JST

If you don't want to do the conversion.
So basically, it's currently 29 1/2 hours away from starting.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Tomorrow the Master returns
EWmof.gif

And yeah...Birdie. I always thought he's really good. More options than most characters, good range, good damage. And now it looks like he's getting buffed, damn.

I'm down with that. I haven't played Karin since learning Birdie. I'm still fairly clueless with him, but he's a lot of fun.

Yeah Birdie is real good. Still free on wakeup but thats fair considering how good everything else is.

Is he though? He's got a move with frame 1 armor and one of two characters in the game with an EX grab that's throw invincible\

EDIT: Btw, the guy who posted that Birdie's st.mp links into chain just edited his post and said he misheard. I knew it, it would have been way too good as a successful st.hk would've lead into serious damage and a very good mixup opportunity afterwards.

myco666

Is he though? He's got a move with frame 1 armor and one of two characters in the game with an EX grab that's throw invincible

Not super free. Just to some degree. EX Bullhorn loses to throws and some meaties and EX command throw obviously loses to strikes. There are definitely characters who are way more free on wakeup.

I mean it's not as hard as 3s Urien, execution is pretty easy for most stuff (that isn't fancy).....

I was never good in 3S so I would never have known. :(

I never really played charge characters before besides Balrog in SF4. I just need to spend some time with them and learning general charge tips.

I'm on the tippy tip tip of Sliver with Urien but I'm waiting to level up my Akuma and get ruined in ranked. Once I feel comfortable with him I'll go back to Urien as a side character.

Man these changes on Birdie are making me want to pick him up too. Every time I feel like I have a few characters someone plays a character in an interesting way and I want to join in l ol

So FANG's not the only one. The properties of existing moves seem to be changing, and some characters are getting new stuff so the changes are indeed more comprehensive than that beta patch made it seem initially.

HNNNGGGGH, WHERE ARE THE PATCH NOTES.

FluxWaveZ

The above is what I was referring to. Birdie is getting a bunch of poke nerfs that people are really not into. Mena RD's Birdie was based around the good use of footsie options and block strings, so that would hurt. 'Course, like anyone who isn't Mika, I suppose the thought is for the buffs to compensate. Make him more hit confirm heavy than singular poke heavy.

So FANG's not the only one. The properties of existing moves seem to be changing, and some characters are getting new stuff so the changes are indeed more comprehensive then that beta patch made it seem initially.

HNNNGGGGH, WHERE ARE THE PATCH NOTES.

It's either they drop today at 11AM EST or never tbh

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
It's either they drop today at 11AM EST or never tbh
Wait, why is that?
and Karin
Thank you for collecting these. Didn't know about the st.mk nerfs, that sucks. But st.hk CC having less pushback is interesting. She might get more consistent damage off of it now.

Also holy shit at those V-Trigger buffs. Much more damage all around and the V-Trigger overhead is now safe on block?? The one you can combo after?
Wow. That almost sounds a little broken for a 2 bar V-Trigger.

So, I see a lot of offensive changes, but what's being done in regards to defense as a whole?

Cause, you know, something to mull over while you're waiting for the 8 hour maintenance to end.

If Capcom doesn't drop the patch notes in the next hour they are considered dead to me.

kirblar

Birdie got more range on st.MP per the feed. That's very very very nice.

st.MK getting kinda dumpstered isn't surprising, it was stupid.

I want to #believe the changes are final and Capcom "leaked" that beta to show us the changes beforehand to ease us into the next season's changes, to see the community's reaction, and get the hype built up.

Its all coming together...

Onemic

At the very least I dont expect those Urien changes to be final.

20+ non ex juggle limit, a +2 on block c.mk, and a j.lk that crosses up and is +12 on hit cant be real.

I still can't believe Capcom messed up right before releasing Season 2 lol.

They were so close to a solid release so close then some emplyee accidentally leaked everything

Well at least all the new characters for Season 2 didn't leak yet

They were so close to a solid release so close then some emplyee accidentally leaked everything

hopefully the data miners get that stuff on the 20th. I'd love to know if I should get the 2017 season pass.

They'd be doing Capcom a favor by actually giving consumer reasons to buy the damn pass.

I'm inclined to believe they accidentally put up the beta because Capcom doesn't seem that familiar with Steam's workings (as shown by the RE7 demo), but then said fuck it let it rock for a few. There's a bunch of videos and shit floating around that Capcom hasn't done shit to take down, or even attempted to.

This is probably the best accident for them in the past year lol

Iron Galaxy showed balance changes 2 months before S3 came out.

And Capcom took 4 days to show the final changes for USF4 before it came out.

Save us Tekken 7

Goodstyle

F.A.N.G's GETTING A NEW MOVE. SUCK IT!!!
C0BrKldVEAAHNNp.jpg

I wonder how useful this stuff is gonna be, but st. mp having its hit box raised is bad thing. That means some characters will be able to avoid it just from ducking, which really kills its utility. Also, I'm basically never gonna use St. HK anymore lol.

jett

D-Member
It's ridiculous they haven't yet released the patch notes. Same as the Alex shit, left the userbase to find shit on their own.

Can't wait to make a meme out of this the same way we did with the Alex trailer. Prepare for "The S2 balance patch is finally releasing" to flood stream chats for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom