• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
For now, I am supposing everything is wrong and Capcom HQ is having one hell of a good laugh.
4pd15to.gif

You know that's a great point. If this was any other company I'd be like..naa. However if anyone would be incompetent enough to leak obsolete game data it would be capcom.
I honestly don't see how leaking an outdated build would be a sign of incompetence, as compared to leaking a up-to-date build. We were (most likely) not meant to see either in the first place.

For now, I am supposing everything is wrong and Capcom HQ is having one hell of a good laugh.
Prepare for Mika getting buffed out the wazoo, and everyone else getting nerfed!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ucchedavāda;226858864 said:
I honestly don't see how leaking an outdated build would be a sign of incompetence, as compared to leaking a up-to-date build. We were (most likely) not meant to see either in the first place.

Because they couldn't even leak right. Keep up will ya.
I'm here all week. Tip your waiter.

FluxWaveZ

Ask and ye shall receive.

Seems that they didn't want her being able to slide under fire balls anymore, seeing that cr.HK nerf. And then they also nerfed the recovery on EX Peach? Considering that her V-Skill is awful, I wonder what design they have in mind in terms of how she should deal with fire balls.

Has Capcom said anything about the balance changes coming tomorrow? I know we're all just expecting it because it would make sense with the first season 2 character coming out...but this is Capcom.

You would think they would've announced something right now? At-least just give everyone a heads up for tomorrow? Why do they have to be so weird about everything :[

Has Capcom said anything about the balance changes coming tomorrow? I know we're all just expecting it because it would make sense with the first season 2 character coming out...but this is Capcom.

You would think they would've announced something right now? At-least just give everyone a heads up for tomorrow? Why do they have to be so weird about everything :[

maybe it's just not their style

maybe it's just not their style

Well, duh. They haven't even gotten around to posting the maintenance time-table in English, and they only got around to posting it in Japanese earlier today.

EDIT: They've added the in-game notification for the downtime since yesterday, so there's that at least.

FluxWaveZ

Am I ever.

It's still ggs if Mika gets you into the corner, she just has to work a little harder to get you there.

It's not just a little, though. Her character now lives and dies on the corner more than ever, and I'm actually not sure how her mid-screen neutral even looks like anymore. I think she'll need to depend more on her st.MK and her drop kick, but both of those aren't great. Obviously, she can't clap whenever she wants to anymore, and all of her approach options except for the charged st.HK have been nerfed.

It's gonna be weird.

Seems that they didn't want her being able to slide under fire balls anymore, seeing that cr.HK nerf. And then they also nerfed the recovery on EX Peach? Considering that her V-Skill is awful, I wonder what design they have in mind in terms of how she should deal with fire balls.

Perhaps the same way Gief has to in S1. She is his student after all. D:

FluxWaveZ

Perhaps the same way Gief has to in S1. She is his student after all. D:

I was thinking specifically about Zangief as I was writing that. But Gief has his V-Skill, Lariat and his head butt (which got buffed specifically when nullifying fire balls this time around). The only fire ball counters (if the cr.HK nerf does what I actually think it does) Mika has are jumping, a charged drop kick or a risky EX Peach. I think the active frame buff for the last one might indicate that this is the option they want her to be taking on the ground.

Am I ever.

It's not just a little, though. Her character now lives and dies on the corner more than ever, and I'm actually not sure how her mid-screen neutral even looks like anymore. I think she'll need to depend more on her st.MK and her drop kick, but both of those aren't great. Obviously, she can't clap whenever she wants to anymore, and all of her approach options except for the charged st.HK have been nerfed.

It's gonna be weird.

Probably gonna be a bit more buffering st.HP's into heavy peach and in general ending strings off in peach + dash forward. When she gets an irish whip off, you can still do 1 dash -> ex peach I believe, less damage but still decent corner carry.

I think her slide will still be able to go under fireballs but maybe the timing will be a bit stricter.

Goodstyle

And here I was, worrying that it's gonna be harder to punish overheads and other various moves.

Bad news. Went to the FANG discord, apparently specials can't be canceled until their last frame. You would need to have 17 frames of hit stun to cancel into those specials.

After reading through the Toolassisted changes to Birdie to get a final idea what the new fatso can do, I am super pumped for S2.

If the icing on the cake is 4f input lag, I'll buy the Season Pass.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys think we're ever going to see more costumes that are also purchasable with FM and not exclusively real money?
I think they will do that for older costumes at some point. Gotta get players to spend their FM to use real money later.

vg260

Ucchedavāda;226867536 said:
Considering the current prices for, well, everything, and the long-term sources of FM, I don't think that's a problem.

Can someone refresh my memory? If we had the season 1 pass, which of the four color bundles should we have automatically unlocked?

HardRojo

Finally beat survival on extreme. Thank god the cpu is free to Urien's knee drop.

I have yet to finish it on Hard and Extreme. I tried with Ken and spamming MP DP but got stuck at 26 or something lol, that discouraged me to keep trying the exploit. Is Urien's reliable? I'm currently finishing Normal for all characters, got 5 left (Sim, Laura, FANG, Juri and Ibuki).

Can someone refresh my memory? If we had the season 1 pass, which of the four color bundles should we have automatically unlocked?
Standard costume colors (1-10) for DLC characters I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom