• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to believe they accidentally put up the beta because Capcom doesn't seem that familiar with Steam's workings (as shown by the RE7 demo), but then said fuck it let it rock for a few. There's a bunch of videos and shit floating around that Capcom hasn't done shit to take down, or even attempted to.

This is probably the best accident for them in the past year lol

I doubt that they like that this happened, but it definitely generated a lot of excitement for the S2 changes.

Some of y'all right now

ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

Spot on.
That was also why I was browsing SteamDB for SFV, and why I noticed that they had made that test-branch public by accident.

I wonder how useful this stuff is gonna be, but st. mp having its hit box raised is bad thing. That means some characters will be able to avoid it just from ducking, which really kills its utility. Also, I'm basically never gonna use St. HK anymore lol.

I was honestly trying to wean myself off of that move anyway tbh. There was already so much potential with the cr.mk and cowards crouch kick, and now there's even more of it.
Some of y'all right now

ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg
Can't disagree.

myco666

Wait what? Birdie can make everything safe with V-trigger cancel now? Thats crazy. Going to blame that CA damage nerf for my losses though.

Goodstyle

C0DNN9XVEAAmuPl.jpg:large

Rashid changes, looks like he got a new move too, although it's very specific in terms of how to use it.

Also, he got a fair bit of nerfs as well, the st.HK one in particular being a big one. Kind of shocked honestly. They even hit his V-Reversal (33 frames of recovery now). FANG went from having the worst escape reversal to the best one.

Looking at the 'Sim changes, I see this:
VS_GALE_C

If this what I think it is, V-Skill might be way more useful now. In the past, you had to wait until you were fully controllable in order to do any kind of input after activating V-Skill. If you can cancel it with a Yoga Gale, it would mean more mixup potential and really good anti-fireball tech.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Pretty sure that most of these (if not all changes) are final. There's a lot of detailed hitbox/stun/damage/frame fuckery that in no way is getting tweaked in one week between the leak and actual release. Search your hearts brehs. You know it to be true.

Pretty sure that most of these (if not all changes) are final. There's a lot of detailed hitbox/stun/damage/frame fuckery that in no way is getting tweaked in one week between the leak and actual release. Search your hearts brehs. You know it to be true.

I would guess that it is mostly final, but small tweaks are not unthinkable. We'll see soon enough.

Edit: But that is of course assuming that 'test200' was up-to-date with regards to frame data. The broken state could suggest that this branch was used for something else, and it could therefore be outdated in that respect.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ucchedavāda;226856589 said:
I would guess that it is mostly final, but small tweaks are not unthinkable. We'll see soon enough.

Edit: But that is of course assuming that 'test200' was up-to-date with regards to frame data. The broken state could suggest that this branch was used for something else, and it could therefore be outdated in that respect.

You know that's a great point. If this was any other company I'd be like..naa. However if anyone would be incompetent enough to leak obsolete game data it would be capcom.

SephLuis

Ucchedavāda;226856589 said:

For now, I am supposing everything is wrong and Capcom HQ is having one hell of a good laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom