• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

zangief and vega have very smart changes, hadn't looked at them really before

wish alex or bison had that kind of thought put into them

and these fuckin' dudes really gave urien 25 more health, jesus christ

Sheroking

At some point through the original Betas there was a design philosophy shift away from this almost SF2-like high damage/stun game that they had been developing. A lot of the stuff w/ early characters begin better than newer ones in S1 seemed to stem from this- I'm not surprised this is almost like a totally new game here.

It was clear a few characters had design philosophies and tools that were not compatible with newer characters, and there was a balance issue involved, but they've changed virtually every move in the game in some way.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I think it's likely worse for balance than, say, minor adjustments to weak/strong moves.

Ryu
"Only V-Trigger HP is cancellable"

Sounds hilarious ??

I think they're referring to st. HP > Super. Ryu's st. HP can't be canceled into any of his specials, only his V Trigger and Super. So I think they're trying to say that he can only do st. HP > Super in V Trigger. Their is no way to be sure though.

Just looking through Ryu changes right now. It's a bit confusing to read because it seems the information is being spread all over the place. You read about his st. HK early in the notes. Then it goes on to something else only to bring up his st. HK again. Is it this way with everybody else?

Damn near every Karin change is either "reduced damage", "increased start-up/recovery" or "shrunk hitbox"

RIP SolarPowered

Same with Ryu, so many minor nerfs lol.

Zangief already one of the good V-trigger, it got buffed..
V-Trigger (Cyclone Lariat):
 Increased damage on first hit of button hold version 120 to 140  Increased stun first hit of button hold version 200 to 150  Increased stun second hit of button hold version 250 to 200  Increased duration of move  Adjusted timer gauge reduction with the increased duration

kirblar

Damn near every Karin change is either "reduced damage", "increased start-up/recovery" or "shrunk hitbox"

RIP SolarPowered
Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

remz

Holee sheeet. Lol capcom can't communicate eh Necalli getting minor nerfs all around, apart form command throw I guess? and stomp might be fireball resistant now?

Juri seems like she got total buffs. Unless I'm reading it wrong she might actually be able to pressure after throw now.

FluxWaveZ

I keep on falling for the same tricks

GGs. I always need more Rashid experience. Your playstyle is really annoying, so that's something that helps me with punishes and general patience. You should make your patterns less predictable, though. It's easy to predict what you'll do next, and I could have really capitalized on that if I wasn't focusing more on defense.

Someone post the Nash changes

I'm still reading but so far it seems like all they did with him is make his hit boxes smaller and his hurt boxes larger and gave everything more push back while giving him less mobility and more drawn out frames of animation. Fun times are in our future.

Kashiwaba

GGs. I always need more Rashid experience. Your playstyle is really annoying, so that's something that helps me with punishes and general patience. You should make your patterns less predictable, though. It's easy to predict what you'll do next, and I could have really capitalized on that if I wasn't focusing more on defense.

Ggs man i never hated birdie banana and can throwing as much as i did today lol, i guess it's the first time i see anyone using them efficiently.

And ya i try to do less predictable patterns but that's where i fail after few sets people can predict everything i do i guess this the wall which i started hitting recently.

Sheroking

My thoughts on Karin changes:

Most of the nerfs are pretty meaningless. St.MK nerf hurts a bit, but the move is still going to be good. Need to test the V-trigger CA confirm because they added some frames in there to mess that up.

EX Ressenha invincibility increased to 7 frames is potentially really important. That move sucks ass a reversal and loses clean to shit like instant air-gale and EX wall dive.

Orochi pushback being reduced is actually a buff as long as it's still -2. If I'm using it in neutral, it's because I want to be right next to your bitch ass (fuck you Vega).

The rekka overhead is safe on block now. That's interesting. Her Rekka follow-ups are pretty much unilaterally better, actually.

Balrog is no longer Boxer. He is now juggler.

L Screw Smash:
 Command has been changed to ↓(charged) ↑+LK to →↓↘+LK
 Hitbox startup has been changed 13F to 10F
o Entire motion has been decreased by 3F
 Airborne time for opponent when hit in-air has been increased

Medium version's frames have also been decreased.

Edit: Same for Urien
L Chariot Tackle (Standard/V-Skill):
 Increased juggle potential when used in-airborne combo

JayEH

Balrog is no longer Boxer. He is now juggler.

L Screw Smash:
 Command has been changed to ↓(charged) ↑+LK to →↓↘+LK
 Hitbox startup has been changed 13F to 10F
o Entire motion has been decreased by 3F
 Airborne time for opponent when hit in-air has been increased

Medium version's frames have also been decreased.

Dash punching after jump ins. 👌🏽

Chris G will be happy:

Rolling Sobat:
 Decreased the size of the hurtbox by the feet between 7F and 10F of the motion

Edit: Ken
V-Skill - Quick Step:
 Extended how long opponent is frozen in the air on-hit
 Expanded height of collision box during attack animation

Does this mean he can juggle on hit?

Sorry for the sporadic posting im just pouring over these things and posting stuff that catches my eye.

Sheroking

Overall, Karin should still be good.

St.lk is basically the same button, st.mk is still a fast, long ranging poke (just no longer able to mash it), Rekka options are better/do more damage and EX Ressenha is now a much better reversal.

Ken's Tatsu seem much more manageable. Hitbox shrinkage all around

Edit: Bison
V-Skill - Psycho Reflect:
 Changed so that can only fire projectile when performing V-Skill a second time after successfully
countering an opponent's attack without following up with another attack
 Expanded counter box in upward direction
 Increased juggle potential on-hit with secondary attack

V-trigger has increased duration but more time is taken when special moves used

Wallach

Nash ain't done. Relax.

Ryu getting his j.mp as an overhead if they hit you in a certain way wuuuttt

That sounds like a bug fix, why would any jumping attack have a mid property?

Edit - Actually wait, doesn't SF use ass-backwards terms for this? So it's actually no longer going to hit overhead on the second hit? I'm not sure what the point of that even is if you would have to block the first hit high anyway...

FluxWaveZ

Passion Press:
Now cancellable into rope throw on-block
I don't get it.

And now I see the trade they did for lessening Mika's V-Skill throw buff: it doesn't go away when she gets hit. Not bad, but the thing is still slow as hell that I'm not convinced we'll be using it more.

ElFly

as a Zangief main, I am happy about the Nash nerfs, tho I wish it wasn't like this and instead Zangief got more concrete buffs

cause dhalsim buffs scare me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom