• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only does Akuma's parry come with all the drawbacks of grey life and counterhit, but you must also parry in the state that you ae being attacked in, 3s style or get counterhit

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh..._info_on_akumas_vskill_as_a_defensive_option/

Not a big deal IMO. My plan on using it would be just like how I use Ryu's parry. Mainly against jump ins and common block strings where you have a pretty good idea what button they'll use after blocking the previous one.

Grakl

Not a big deal IMO. My plan on using it would be just like how I use Ryu's parry. Mainly against jump ins and common block strings where you have a pretty good idea what button they'll use after blocking the previous one.
Yup, the parry can be used in combos too anyway

It suits his playstyle. A good read keeps the momentum going, and unlike Ryu's S1 basic ass parry, he gets a follow up to it. But the caveat is that you have to be able to predict where your opponent is going to hit.

It's going to be so great watching pros use him. Like building v-trigger is going to be hard for Akuma without it since getting bopped will leave him at low ass health, and he can't take as much punishment as the rest of the cast. Gonna see some clutch ass moments with him.

Basically Tokido World Champ Capcom Cup 2017: Everyone Else Is Free Edition

kirblar

HP changes-
Birdie->1025 (Nerf)
Dhalsim->925 (Buff)
Ibuki->950 (Buff)
Urien->1025 (Buff)
Balrog->1025 (Buff)

Stun Changes
Bison->1000 (Buff)

Tan

someone explain this to me like I'm an idiot

"Hold button moves: Changed so certain special moves that activate when the button is released can be used as a buffer
Input latency: Shortened the inactive frames on input confirm from 12F to 6F after the last key for a charge attack has been input
"

tumblr_nwbfpoHcnU1qgwx8yo1_400.gif

Shadoken

Either they have not completely listed all the changes. or there are differences between this final build and the leaked beta.

Nash St.HK Juggle state has not been mentioned
And his St.MP is supposedly -6 on block in the leaked beta , but not in the official changelist

Looking over Birdie, this is the stuff from the Beta. It's the push to live cert version for sure.

No I think this build is different.

kirblar

The sheer number of changes for every character is staggering. Don't recall SF4 updates being like this.
At some point through the original Betas there was a design philosophy shift away from this almost SF2-like high damage/stun game that they had been developing. A lot of the stuff w/ early characters begin better than newer ones in S1 seemed to stem from this- I'm not surprised this is almost like a totally new game here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom