• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did do exactly that though

True, but that only covers balance changes.
While I am not complaining about getting those broad strokes, I wish they would also communicate about technical improvements to the game, since that matters more day-to-day for somebody like me (a low silver on a good day, at best). The best we have gotten is a recent interview where Ono (?) acknowledged that the server infrastructure is lacking and that they are working on it. And while they have clearly been working on D-Input support, for example, the first we heard of it was when they accidentally released that test build.

Compare that with the initial release of SFV, where they actually provided an overall road-map for what they would be adding to the game in year 2016. While I do not think that it is reasonable to expect a road-map for the entirety of 2017, it would be nice if they would touch on what that issues they are working on for the next update and / or in the long term.

And while I would like detailed patch-notes in advance, on release or even shortly thereafter is perfectly fine, IMO.

IG making Capcom look like chumps.

Youtube comments have your back.

YV5uYUQ.png

They made a video on the patch notes for KI because they needed to hype up the community when in fact all they did is nerf things.

They should just delete Arbiter from the game at this point.

That all falls under how the maintenance goes honestly. They had some unexpected extended maintenance in the past for these servers before haven't they?

That happened literally once a LONG time ago.

With the past few maintenances, online has been functional before maintenance was scheduled to end. It's not too surprising that you didn't hear about that, though. Good news about SF5 spreads like...the opposite of wild fire around these parts.

Tame fire.

IG making Capcom look like chumps.

IG is an American company with an American audience. They can do whatever the heck they want quickly.

SF is made overseas. The language/communication barrier makes things like this inherently harder.

It's not surprising that IG and NRS can communicate more frequently with their primary audiences, while SNK, Arc, and Capcom take longer. I mean, does ArcSys even RELEASE English patch notes? Usually I see people from the community translating Japanese ones themselves.

Skilletor

That happened literally once a LONG time ago.

With the past few maintenances, online has been functional before maintenance was scheduled to end. It's not too surprising that you didn't hear about that, though. Good news about SF5 spreads like...the opposite of wild fire around these parts.

Tame fire..

Does Capcom tell us that maintenance ends early or is it like everything else where the community finds it and spreads the word?

decided to watch the patch notes video (its not that bad tbh, capcom could take notes or just.. do exactly what they did for USF4 and SFxT ver2013.. which is what I kinda still expect to happen)

but this was mad Cacpcpom esque

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
IG is an American company with an American audience. They can do whatever the heck they want quickly.

SF is made overseas. The language/communication barrier makes things like this inherently harder.

It's not surprising that IG and NRS can communicate more frequently with their primary audiences, while SNK, Arc, and Capcom take longer. I mean, does ArcSys even RELEASE English patch notes? Usually I see people from the community translating Japanese ones themselves.
That's a terrible excuse. Street Fighter's target audience is worldwide, they need to organise that way.

Skilletor

That's a terrible excuse. Street Fighter's target audience is worldwide, they need to organise that way.

Yeah, this excuses something that should have been planned to be distributed to a worldwide audience and handwaves it away as if Capcom hasn't been doing this forever.

Nah they do. Usually on their SFV server Twitter where they state they are up and running early.

Ah, that's good, then! I don't follow their twitter. :)

decided to watch the patch notes video (its not that bad tbh, capcom could take notes or just.. do exactly what they did for USF4 and SFxT ver2013.. which is what I kinda still expect to happen)

dunno what you are trying to show, but it's not working

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm thoroughly convinced that 'Capcom' is actually just one dude. He's the modeler, the coder, the composer, the janitor, the cafeteria lady, the valet parking guy.

Mizerman

I'm thoroughly convinced that 'Capcom' is actually just one dude. He's the modeler, the coder, the composer, the janitor, the cafeteria lady, the valet parking guy.

The artist, the guy in the third row of a musical, the curtain jerker.

Can't see, only imagine.

They do. SF5 released worldwide at pretty much the same time, for both PC and PS4. All regions get updates at the same time, too.

My point is that comparing KI to SF is silly, because SF's audience is way more international, and that requires more time/effort to accommodate.

Does Capcom tell us that maintenance ends early or is it like everything else where the community finds it and spreads the word?

More like, they overestimate the maintenance time, because people went ballistic the ONE time they went over, half a year ago.

VariantX

I think Maximilian made me grossly overestimate how many people actually play KI.

Its console exclusive on the least popular of the 2 big consoles, not available on the most popular storefront on PC, on a storefront that people go out their way to ignore because of issues with Microsoft's previous storefront, and it's limited to only people who have W10. All those things just don't add up to a lot of people playing. Shame though, I actually enjoy the hell out of the game on a causal level and it's an excuse for me to pull out my 360 stick and go nuts every once in awhile.

Some of ya'll need to take a break, you're going through withdrawal.

Capcom has us eating out of their hands with the slow drip of info and content. They created the monster.

I can't imagine what it would be like to have to wait a whole year for new characters again, like the old days.

Edzi

Deciding if I want to play with Alex tomorrow night or start with my Akuma training. Probably Akuma.

Gotta practice how to do the raging demon command quickly. Hopefully a bunch of you guys are online after 10pm west coast time tomorrow so I can get my ass beat and hopefully figure some stuff out.

Deciding if I want to play with Alex tomorrow night or start with my Akuma training. Probably Akuma.

Gotta practice how to do the raging demon command quickly. Hopefully a bunch of you guys are online after 10pm west coast time tomorrow so I can get my ass beat and hopefully figure some stuff out.

Learn how to kara demon.

mbpm1

Do you in fact make all your design choices by throwing a dart at a printout of the eventhubs comments section? Follow up, how many hours of the work week would you say you're sober for?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your questions.

What are design choices? What is sober?

Producer

Ill be on for sure. We need a west coast lobby

mitchlol

Just curious how does everyone feel about the drip feed of characters for season 2? I mean compared to getting a SSFV version at retail that immediately has all characters dropped at once. As far as cost goes, I have bought both S1 and S2 season passes. Do you think it maintains interest in the game? Honestly I'm on the fence the wait for characters in season 1 was tough because we knew who they were. Maybe not knowing is better.

Edzi

Just curious how does everyone feel about the drip feed of characters for season 2? I mean compared to getting a SSFV version at retail that immediately has all characters dropped at once. As far as cost goes, I have bought both S1 and S2 season passes. Do you think it maintains interest in the game? Honestly I'm on the fence the wait for characters in season 1 was tough because we knew who they were. Maybe not knowing is better.

I don't really mind it, since if they can keep things a secret the reveals are more hype. Then again, I was always going to buy all the characters so it doesn't really affect me. I can see how it'd be annoying for people who weren't sure about getting them all.

Ill be on for sure. We need a west coast lobby

Yeah, I'll try to make one tomorrow if nobody else has by 10pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom