• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nash's new target combo:
Bullet Combination:
 Added new target combo, which can be activated by inputting MK to HK to MP+MK
V-Skill - Bullet Clear:
 Increased damage from 60 to 70
 Reduced V-Gauge meter gain on projectile absorption from 100 to 80
 Increased V-Gauge meter gain on physical attack hit from 60 to 80
H Sonic Scythe:
 Reduced damage from 120 to 110
 Reduced stun damage from 200 to 150
 Extended how long opponent is frozen in the air on second hit in the air

I'm starting to think this is a bug. Mashing CA might give a frame in the middle of combos.

giphy.gif

A patch?

Oh cool their nerfing Nash's god awful Jumps. Because shit like Dhalsim's slide can hit Nash in his cross up.

Nash's new target combo:
Bullet Combination:
 Added new target combo, which can be activated by inputting MK to HK to MP+MK
V-Skill - Bullet Clear:
 Increased damage from 60 to 70
 Reduced V-Gauge meter gain on projectile absorption from 100 to 80
 Increased V-Gauge meter gain on physical attack hit from 60 to 80

YES

THEY KEPT IT IN

And thank god they realized how many characters don't have fireballs so giving the buff on hit makes sense.

Seeing a lot of juggling. I really think that was taken into account for the damage nerfs across the board.

Vice

I'm starting to think this is a bug. Mashing CA might give a frame in the middle of combos.

giphy.gif

A patch?

Oh cool their nerfing Nash's god awful Jumps. Because shit like Dhalsim's slide can hit Nash in his cross up.

Looks like you dropped the link. Perhaps online lag. And, Sim has been able to anti-air with his slides in most game.

HardRojo

They reduced Nash's st.HP forward hitbox? It was already laughable! Not a fan of so many nerfs to Nash, he was great when everyone was still getting used to the game during the first months, but he quickly fell down somewhat when people realized he wasn't the powerhouse he seemed to be.
Edit: His cross up MK probably sucks further now, not to mention the hitbox of j.HP was already silly, I've missed neutral jump HP several times after a stun and it fucking sucks, I'll probably be missing it more often now.

giphy.gif

A patch?

Combo dropper.., if your combo was still active, no way he can get that CA...

edit:training mode tried your combo after cr HP, none of his kicks link....the safer combo, jump.HP, St.HP, into ex Scythe..

Time to update the OP for those that still read it.

Also some people need to start their assdiving adventures.
So why can ps4 users buy it already?

Is this some other zenny store debacle?

Who cares, the content isn't out for them either, so again you are getting upset for not being able to buy something that isn't out yet.

Necalli:
Opening Dagger (V-Trigger version):
 You can now charge by holding HP
o Startup 38F/On-hit +7F/On-block+2F/Damage 100/Stun 150
 On-block uncharged is now -4F to -6F
LP Mask of Tlalli (Normal and V-Trigger Versions):
 Changed command from【→↘↓↙←+LP】 to 【→↘↓↙←+LK 】

Same for all versions of his command grab

EX Raging Light (Normal and V-Trigger Versions):
 Increased juggle potential in-air combos for the first hit

His various DP's have lost full inviciblity but have gained invicibilty in other places such as around his feet and projectile

FluxWaveZ

Everyone's pretty worried looking at the changes, meanwhile I look at Balrog's and it's "buff, buff, another buff, buffs..."

I knew he was weak before. Now it's gonna be great.

as a Zangief main, I am happy about the Nash nerfs, tho I wish it wasn't like this and instead Zangief got more concrete buffs

cause dhalsim buffs scare me

Seriously. I feel like I have to be more excited about other characters getting nerfed than my character getting buffed. Because these Gief buffs are things pretty much everyone else had on day 1. Unless the horizontal hitbox for Lariet is now just *that* good in S2 so that it's a real answer to fireballs, I see nothing to really get excited about here. The grey life change is the biggest nerf to Gief. There's already a ton of risk involved when using his v-skill. No mention of him taking reduced damage or gaining more v-gauge. He has less of a reason to use it now.

And if Ken's, Karin's, and Necalli's st.hk still bypass his armor during charged st.hp and crush counter him I'm gonna be so pissed.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Heh, you're right, his list isn't as buff heavy as some made it seem recently.

Yeah. Capcom telling bison players 'we dont know what we're doing with this character and frankly we dont give a shit to figure it out, so move on'. Probably gonna just play Urien from now on.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
My thoughts on Karin changes:

Most of the nerfs are pretty meaningless. St.MK nerf hurts a bit, but the move is still going to be good. Need to test the V-trigger CA confirm because they added some frames in there to mess that up.

EX Ressenha invincibility increased to 7 frames is potentially really important. That move sucks ass a reversal and loses clean to shit like instant air-gale and EX wall dive.

Orochi pushback being reduced is actually a buff as long as it's still -2. If I'm using it in neutral, it's because I want to be right next to your bitch ass (fuck you Vega).

The rekka overhead is safe on block now. That's interesting. Her Rekka follow-ups are pretty much unilaterally better, actually.

Word. Thanks for this. Was worried my girl got hit too hard.

Edzi

Passion Press:

I don't get it.

And now I see the trade they did for lessening Mika's V-Skill throw buff: it doesn't go away when she gets hit. Not bad, but the thing is still slow as hell that I'm not convinced we'll be using it more.

Isn't this really good for her though? She can actually make people come to her now since the fear of her getting the buff is pretty high if the opponent just wants to play keep away.

SephLuis

Juri got many buffs so I hope we won't have to rely on HP/HK to deal some good damage.

Chun Li still looks good at least.

Still gotta check the others I liked to play with.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone's pretty worried looking at the changes, meanwhile I look at Balrog's and it's "buff, buff, another buff, buffs..."

I knew he was weak before. Now it's gonna be great.
He wasn't even that bad. I'm a bit worried they're buffing a few characters too much. Urien and Laura for example.

Vega:
Crouching HP (No Claw):
 Now Crush Counter move
 Knockdown on-hit /V-Gauge increase 150
V-Trigger (Bloody Kiss - Torero, Rojo, Azul):
 Increased stun 0 to 150
 Increased the size of hitboxes so all hits land
Flying Barcelona Attack:
 Increased CA meter gain on-hit and block
 Fixed issue where getting hit during the 2F before the move's active frames didn't count as a
counter
MP Aurora Spin Edge (Claw):
 Increased juggle potential when used in-air combos
 Fixed issue where getting hit on the first active frame didn't count as a counter
(Also applys to HP and EX)

FluxWaveZ

Isn't this really good for her though? She can actually make people come to her now since the fear of her getting the buff is pretty high if the opponent just wants to play keep away.

It's a buff, but nothing fundamental about it has changed. Opponents would still approach her even if she was doing it before because of the increase to her V-Gauge to one of the best V-Triggers in the game. It was still extremely dangerous to do before, and it will still be the same now.

He wasn't even that bad. I'm a bit worried they're buffing a few characters too much. Urien and Laura for example.

I disagree that the same goes for Balrog as it does for Urien. We would have been seeing some better performing Balrogs in tournaments if he was strong previously, meanwhile we saw Uriens all over the place.

That is nice.

Points go to the winner or no? It should, as long as all ranked matches are random, right?

Probably not, an accidental disconnect will still deduct points, because that's the only way the system can work, but it shouldn't give the other guy a win because he might've actually been losing.

Sheroking

They took away Birdie's 1f armor. Now it's armored on 3f like everyone else. Seems like they want armored moves to be riskier in general.

They clearly don't want you to have meterless invincible moves or armor moves that beat meaty attacks.

The game has an across-the-board nerf to wake-up options. Your ass will block.

Yo Dhalsim with some dope buffs:
Standing MP:
 Changed advantage on-hit ±0F to +2F
 Increased size of hitbox upwards
 Now CA cancellable
 Reduced size of hurtbox in downward direction during active frames
Applys to MK, HP, HK

V-Trigger (Yoga Burner):
 The fire carpet now also does damage to downed opponents
 Startup of recoverable damage hitbox is faster

And he gets better projectile invic on his slides

Looks like you dropped the link. Perhaps online lag. And, Sim has been able to anti-air with his slides in most game.

It's not really a hard combo to drop. The guy I was facing was a lag switching but it also happens offline. I was able to this in training mode and gotten the same result but after doing the CA, Nash's combo started to link normally.

edit:training mode tried your combo after cr HP, none of his kicks link....the safer combo, jump.HP, St.HP, into ex Scythe..
Cr.HP does link to B.MK. This is a combo I always do before going online.

EX Sonic Scythe:
 Removed throw invincibility during animation

BlandDescriptiveAdder.gif

This was a thing?

OsirisBlack

Banned
So .... guess ill stick with Urien good lord looks like buffs all around. Got a cross up now and an aa that can juggle into more damage with his cr hp. More health and aegis does more damage..... lmao thanks Capcom. Also his standing HK looks like a ridiculously good aa also. No more jumping in for free on Urien .

Ibuki mains rejoice
Kunai Hoju:
 Motion recovery has been shortened 3F
 Sped up the timing that Kunai is refilled
EX Kunai Hoju:
 Newly added an EX version
o 3 - 6 (on button hold) Kunai will be refilled

Edit: Also recheck the Capcom Unity post. Its been updated to include some summaries for characters. I dont think it was there before.

Urien in return lost damage on his throw and less meter gain on things. And I think a few other issues as well, too. Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I guess with the meter nerfs they wanted him to be viable without it?

Skilletor

Ibuki mains rejoice
Kunai Hoju:
 Motion recovery has been shortened 3F
 Sped up the timing that Kunai is refilled
EX Kunai Hoju:
 Newly added an EX version
o 3 - 6 (on button hold) Kunai will be refilled

Edit: Also recheck the Capcom Unity post. Its been updated to include some summaries for characters. I dont think it was there before.

She also got a life buff.

ElFly

Time to update the OP for those that still read it.

Also some people need to start their assdiving adventures.

Who cares, the content isn't out for them either, so again you are getting upset for not being able to buy something that isn't out yet.

there's no guarantee it is gonna be available for me when it is available for ps4 users tho

if it happens it is just gonna be good luck, not careful planning from capcom, because they haven't said anything about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom