• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Did they even nerf the jab AA on all characters? Even characters with out Jab AA can hit Nash out of the air out of a Neutral Jump, including Nash.

Are you pushing a button with Nash? Of course it will hit you out of the air if you just Neutral Jump. The jab AA nerfs means it will lose out to jump ins more frequently.

Grakl

After the first CA, I was able to link Nash's Combo properly without Ryu activating CA. This was Nash being recorded to do Ex Moonsault xx Cr.MP while I was mashing Ryu's CA. This also happened when doing Nash's target combo after a moonsault. I don't know what's people deal in this thread thinking I can't combo like LTG when doing combos was something I do waiting for matches since SF4.

The game is not perfect.

you dropped it.

Like the Ken changes, just wish they would have made C.mk better. But he's seem overall different, not really nerfed. Will miss b.mp being a 4 framer though.

So whats everyone's hot take tier list? Seems like the changes have made the middle and upper classes much bigger.

I got Urien, Guile, Chun, Cammy, Laura(mainly against me) being S tier.

Ryu, Ken, Karin, Necalli, Birdie, Alex, Sim, Akuma A tier.

Juri, Ibuki, Balrog, Vega, Mika B Tier

Rashid, Bison, Gief, Nash C Tier

Skilletor

I'm starting to think this is a bug. Mashing CA might give a frame in the middle of combos.

giphy.gif

A patch?

Oh cool their nerfing Nash's god awful Jumps. Because shit like Dhalsim's slide can hit Nash in his cross up.

You dropped the combo, man. I can tell your timing is off in this gif. You hit the button too late.

Not everything is the fault of the netcode. Hold those l's. It's laughable that you think it's more likely that it's a bug than your execution. Seriously, dude? Seriously?

For anyone who needs it:
JURI

Hurtbox:
  •  Expanded hurtbox when character changes direction while crouching.
Chisenkyaku (Forward Throw):
  •  Removed 5F from recovery after hit
  •  Decreased damage 130 to 110
  •  Decreased stun value 200 to 120
  •  Decreased CA meter gain 100 to 70
  •  Decreased the distance of knockback after hit
Kaeikyaku (Reverse Grab):
  •  Decreased recovery after hit by 2F
  •  Decreased the distance of knockback after hit
Zankasen (airborne throw):
  •  Expanded throw range
  •  Expanded the hurtbox downwards during motion
Jump:
  •  Unified airborne time for all jumps from 39F to 38F
Standing LK:
  • Extended hitbox active frames 2F to 4F
Standing MP:
  •  Advantage on-hit has been changed +4F to +5F
  •  Decreased the size of forward hurtbox Standing MK:
  •  Hitbox activation on first hit has been changed 6F to 5F
  •  Entire motion has been shortened 1F
  •  Hitbox activation on second hit has been changed 8F to 7F
  •  Changed damage distribution 50+20 to 40+30
  •  Extended the hitstun on the first hit by 1F o This change will not be applied for when V-Trigger is active
  • Expanded the hitbox on first hit forward
Standing HP:
  •  Advantage on-hit has been changed +2F to +4F Standing HK:
  •  Motion recover has been changed 17F to 20F
Crouching LP:
  •  Active frames for hitbox has been extended 2F to 3F Crouching MP:
  •  Hitbox startup has been changed 5F to 6F
  •  Hitbox active frames have changed 2F to 3F
Crouching MK:
  •  Advantage on-hit has been changed +1F to +2F
  •  Advantage on-block has been changed -3F to -2F
  •  Extended the cancel timing with special move
Senkaikyaku:
  •  Advantage on-block has been changed -4F to -6F
Kyoretsushu:
  •  Advantage on-block has been changed -6F to -12F
V- Skill – Kasatsushu:
  •  Hitbox startup on Level 2 has been changed 14F to 10F
  •  Increased the juggle potential when used during in-air combos
  •  Projective invincibility time has been changed from 14F of activation ~ projectile invincibility to
  • 6F of activation ~ projectile invincibility
  •  Decreased the downwards hurtbox and increased the forward hurtbox during Lvl2 motion
  •  Made it possible to activate from cancel, after any type of Fuharenkyaku except the EX version
  •  Changed the timing from motion start to Lvl2 from 40th frame to 33rd frame
L Ryodansatsu:
  •  Hitbox startup has been changed 20F to 19F M Ryodansatsu:
  •  Hitbox startup has been changed 21F to 20F EX Ryodansatsu:
  •  Changed projectile invincibility from 5th to 27th frame of the motion to 1st to 27th frame of motion
L Tensenrin:
  •  Changed command from →↓↘+LK to →↓↘+LP
  •  Advantage on-hit has been changed +1F to +2F
M Tensenrin:
  •  Changed command from →↓↘+MK to →↓↘+MP
  •  Increased damage 110 to 120
  •  Decreased the size of the hurtbox between 1F - 2F / Hit and projectile invincibility between 3-7F
  • / added throw vulnerability to 1-7F
H Tensenrin:
  •  Changed command from →↓↘+HK to →↓↘+HP
  •  Added throw invincibility between 1F and 8F of motion
L Fuharenkyaku (while V-Trigger active):
  • Slowed down the projectile speed
  •  Slowed the CA cancel activation timing, and made it easier for a blocking opponent to perform a V-reversal
M Fuharenkyaku:
  •  Hitbox startup has been changed 21F to 23F
  •  Advantage on-block has been changed -6F to -4F
M Fuharenkyaku (while V-Trigger active):
  •  Hitbox startup has been changed 21F to 23F
  •  Advantage on-block has been changed -6F to -4F
H Fuharenkyaku:
  •  Action recovery has been decreased 31F to 21F
  •  Damage has been decreased 90 to 80
  •  Stun damage increased 120 to 150
  •  Advantage on-block has been changed -11F to -6F
H Fuharenkyaku (while V-Trigger active):

  • Action recovery has been decreased 31F to 21F
  •  Damage has been decreased 90 to 80
  •  Stun damage increased 120 to 170
  •  Advantage on-block has been changed -11F to -6F
Sakkai Fuhazan:
  •  Expanded the hitbox backwards

Whales

Banned
laura's vskill is niw + on block? I cant checj rn if thats true thats what my friend told me

if so, wtf? is capcom retarded? why would you make a move like that + on block?

Zackat

laura's vskill is niw + on block? I cant checj rn if thats true thats what my friend told me

V-Skill - Volty Line (Standard/V-Trigger):
 Decreased standard version damage 90 to 80
 Decreased stun damage for V-Trigger version 200 to 180
 Advantage on-hit for standard version has been changed ±0F to +2F
 Advantage on-hit for V-Trigger version has been changed ±0F to +3F
 Added hurtbox around the legs when hitbox is active
 Expanded hurtbox around legs upwards and forwards while hitbox is active

Sheroking

On hit, not block.

It's not the change she deserves, but Capcom was never gonna remove her from the game, so.....

Wallach

It's plus on hit, not block. It used to be neutral on hit, now it's +2/+3(VT). It's probably still -7 on block.

xabi

Seriously, James Chen is one of the MVPs of the FG community. The time he takes to explain things (even to to new players), his excitement, how thorough he is...

Edzi

Looking at the changes for Alex, you would think he was a top tier in S1. Dear Lord.

The medium button changes appear to be universal, not just for Alex. Aside from the elbow nerfs (why) he seems to have gotten some decent stuff, like the ability to combo from lp into chop, a real AA normal that can be followed up (probably), and more damage from a connected lariat.

Producer

Who wants to play some last minute good honest SFV before we get residentsleeper5 tomorrow?

Cfn 765production. Im in the west coast

FluxWaveZ

Who wants to play some last minute good honest SFV before we get residentsleeper5 tomorrow?

Cfn 765production. Im in the west coast

Will you be available in 15 minutes or so? I want to listen to what Chen has to say about Mika so I can also process my thoughts.

Also, it seems no one still understands what this means:
Passion Press:
Now cancellable into rope throw on-block

Hey Folks, I used my FM to buy the spooky stage but I cant seem to find it (PS4). I know its no longer listed in SFV store but I bought it before it went down. What am I missing? Also, when does the Holiday DLC go up?

Neoxon

Hey Folks, I used my FM to buy the spooky stage but I cant seem to find it (PS4). I know its no longer listed in SFV store but I bought it before it went down. What am I missing? Also, when does the Holiday DLC go up?
Not sure about the Halloween stage, but the Christmas content drops tomorrow.

Zackat

lmao chen with the taps for mika patch notes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xrlf3taEo

If you go to the Russia stage (the one with the bear in the background) and you can change it to the halloween stage in stage select.

Wallach

Will you be available in 15 minutes or so? I want to listen to what Chen has to say about Mika so I can also process my thoughts.

Also, it seems no one still understands what this means:

All I can tell from the PC "beta" build is that if you hit the button twice the whiffed throw still comes out. May have been necessary to make the recovery cancelable now that the recovery window is longer (otherwise you may have been able to mash the button and the throw would not come out on block because the recovery was too long).

The medium button changes appear to be universal, not just for Alex. Aside from the elbow nerfs (why) he seems to have gotten some decent stuff, like the ability to combo from lp into chop, a real AA normal that can be followed up (probably), and more damage from a connected lariat.

Compared to the other DLC characters(especially Guile and Urien) he got the shaft. So many unwarranted nerfs. Alex wasn't terrible by any means but he did struggle in S1 IMO.

FluxWaveZ

All I can tell from the PC "beta" build is that if you hit the button twice the whiffed throw still comes out. May have been necessary to make the recovery cancelable now that the recovery window is longer (otherwise you may have been able to mash the button and the throw would not come out on block because the recovery was too long).

Yeah, that makes sense and is pretty much what he said here. There was an OS before where the rope throw wouldn't necessarily come out if you hit it a second time with good timing, but I guess that's completely gone now.

Good thing Urien is my back up.

Here's to Nash bringing flashy combos to SFV.
Unlike Juri
giphy.gif

Yeah Alex's did, Ryu's did, Chun's did, and Necalli's did

Right but those jab aa nerfs aren't listed for the other characters.

You dropped the combo, man. I can tell your timing is off in this gif. You hit the button too late.

gtpGowv.jpg

IDK, that B.MK looks like it came out when Ryu was in his hitstun animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom