• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Or just appearances in the new characters story modes, like Ryu and Nicalli in Akuma's. ;p
That could very well be it, but it's also possible that they knocked out recording for everything story-related for Season 2 during that recording session.

I still don't know why they haven't made the character stories into an arcade mode yet.

Take out the meter, let people adjust health, put a bunch of random fights in the middle even if they don't make sense, and drop that shit on us. The current battles get translated to midboss/boss battles. Done.

I think they were worried about continuity, since all of them are canon, but who gives a fuck if Laura meets up with Necaili in arcade mode?

JayEH

Take out the meter, let people adjust health, put a bunch of random fights in the middle even if they don't make sense, and drop that shit on us. The current battles get translated to midboss/boss battles. Done.

I think they were worried about continuity, since all of them are canon, but who gives a fuck if Laura meets up with Necaili in arcade mode?

their explanation that they wanted all story fights to be 1 round due to realism was the dumbest shit I've heard regarding this game.

cordy

Banned
There's also Extra Battle, which I'm guessing is you fighting the NPC characters from the General Story. There's also references towards a 2nd Cinematic Story Mode in the Season 2 files (as well as references towards a Spain stage). This is on top of the publicly-announced Alex & Ibuki Nostalgia Costumes, Akiman's Chun-Li costume, & the SFII Thailand stage.

Yeah I can see a Cinematic Story 2 coming next year which focuses around Akuma and his Story costume. They've gotta bridge the link between this Akuma and his 3S version. Before Akuma's personal Story was released, I had a theory that current Akuma wasn't even the real Akuma and then this story costume came out so who knows. Either way, he looks messed up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him "explode" at the end or something and then come back looking more like a "refined" version of himself due to the SnH which looks closer to his 3rd Strike form. Maybe the mode hasn't been revealed due to the fact that some of the characters in the pass will be included, idk.

Yeah I remember the Thailand stage. Extra Battle sounds like a good idea.
Ucchedavāda;227378802 said:
There was talk of an "Extra Battle" mode, in which you fight various special characters (e.g. Bison henchmen), but it has not been mentioned since it was first announced:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/02/11/sfv-character-story-costumes-and-new-mode-details

Also, the talk of arcade mode is based on menu entries that modders have found, but to my knowledge Capcom has not said anything about adding such a mode (and even denied it in the context of the actual arcade release next year). So those menu items may well be stuff left over from early in development. While this is a bit pessimistic, I would not expect anything in particular to be added to the game. If Capcom is actually going to add more modes to the game, then we'll probably only hear of it very close to release. For example, despite DInput being a sought after feature for a long time, we only learned of it in advance thanks to their accidentally making a beta version publicly available.

Would be dope if so. Yeah it might not come to the game but I'd personally say might as well but that's just me.

MrCarter

I'm sure playing Akuma will knock me down to Ultra Bronze if I ever got high enough to Sliver lol.

Did someone already post that the FAT app was updated with S2 stuff? Man I love it. Just labbing it out with Birdie and Akuma while just glancing at my phone is much, much better than having to scroll through the goofy prima guide.

They should really update that though.

Umm WOW...this app is amazing! Just what I was looking for man. Thanks.

Morris

Disco Devil
If so I'm sorry i haven't touched my Rashid for few days i need to re adjust lol

GGs dude. I don't have a decent connection with canadians unless it's Flux it seems but eh, it was playable.

The only tip I can give you is to be patient, most of the time I was either clipping you with frametraps or waiting for you to do something punishable. Also work on your close range rashid pressure, figure out how to do his pressure blockstrings and how to bait throws, he isn't really a character that can lame it out all the time.

xabi

I need like...4 Cammy bnb combos to do for about an hour

Nothing too long, please

These are the basic ones I jotted down when learning her in S1. They can be done with or without jump in

Cr MK, Spiral Arrow

HP, Cannon Spike

MP, Cr MP, Spiral Arrow

B MP, HK, Cannon Spike

St. MP, St. HP, SA/CS

Cr MP. Cr MP, Spiral Arrow

Ucchedavāda;227377342 said:
Alright, time to stop playing. I got matched up with somebody where the connection (5 bars!) was so bad that we were both teleporting all over, rollback city, background animations would stutter to a halt, and when I got hit by an ex tatsu, the animation visibly slowed down to a near stop and sped up again. I have never had a match this bad before, neither in V nor in IV. But after declining a rematch (why would you even ask for that? Why?!), I get matched up against the same person again, the very next match.
I've had this happen to me with 5 bar Lauras in season 2. May as well put the controller down at that point.

JayEH

How do you do the push/pull daily?

Don't know if you found it but for anyone else it's city in chaos. Two people in the back are trying to get a car to flip over. I don't know what triggered them to flip it but I just did a bunch of knockdowns in front of them.

Kyne

Hey guys.

So my friend came over to play a couple of rounds and he's using a modded stick that works on Xbox/PC/PS3/PS4.. except when he plugs it in it won't work as a legacy PS3 controller, or a PS4 one.

The only thing different from previous sessions is that I'm using my PS4 Pro.. is there a known issue with sticks that previously worked not working on these models?

Neoxon

Hey guys.

So my friend came over to play a couple of rounds and he's using a modded stick that works on Xbox/PC/PS3/PS4.. except when he plugs it in it won't work as a legacy PS3 controller, or a PS4 one.

The only thing different from previous sessions is that I'm using my PS4 Pro.. is there a known issue with sticks that previously worked not working on these models?
My Eightarc Onyx is kind of the same way with my OG PS4, as it's seen as a wireless controller for some reason.

Man I like Skullgirls from the few times I've played it, but Mike Z is absolutely insufferable as a human being. Like this dude tweets more about hating SFV than his own game.

Damn son let it go.

So flash kick (Guile's) is no longer throw invincible?

Man I like Skullgirls from the few times I've played it, but Mike Z is absolutely insufferable as a human being. Like this dude tweets more about hating SFV than his own game.

Damn son let it go.

He's got a point when the flagship for fighting games fumbles multiple times.

So flash kick (Guile's) is no longer throw invincible?

He's got a point when the flagship for fighting games fumbles multiple times.

Nothing wrong about that. But dude is on some r/kappa shit.

And, really, as a developer, it's not a good look for people trying to hit up Skullgirls. Ribbing and concern is alright, but dude is mad salty all the time.

kirblar

You know, If S3/(potentially "SSFV") has a second cinematic story mode coming with it, it'd explain the decision to make S2 mostly random side characters.

Mike Z is a stopped clock being right. He's got an absurdly negative personality. (I'm all for criticism, but he's insufferable)

You know, If S3/(potentially "SSFV") has a second cinematic story mode coming with it, it'd explain the decision to make S2 mostly random side characters.

Mike Z is a stopped clock being right. He's got an absurdly negative personality. (I'm all for criticism, but he's insufferable)

The story is, for the most part, free to do whatever the hell it feels like. Filler with new characters is probably for the best since they don't seem to want to fuck around with the canon too much.

Although I really hope we get to see little mini stories like Balrog getting his ass beat by Alex.

And as for Mike Z, I think it's real dumb to, as a developer try and shit upwards. Dude has some good points now and then, but it's just petty as fuck. Compare that to how other games handle competing with other fighting games, and there's a stark difference - you see cameos,ribbing here and there, and sometimes promoting each other (as is the case with SF and Tekken).

Nevermind, that was something else.

Anyway I have this big long rant about fighting games needing to coexist and how if you start small that you need to not burn bridges with the big boys or the scene, but I'll save it for the morning.

kirblar

The story is, for the most part, free to do whatever the hell it feels like. Filler with new characters is probably for the best since they don't seem to want to fuck around with the canon too much.

Although I really hope we get to see little mini stories like Balrog getting his ass beat by Alex.

And as for Mike Z, I think it's real dumb to, as a developer try and shit upwards. Dude has some good points now and then, but it's just petty as fuck. Compare that to how other games handle competing with other fighting games, and there's a stark difference - you see cameos,ribbing here and there, and sometimes promoting each other (as is the case with SF and Tekken).

Nevermind, that was something else.

Anyway I have this big long rant about fighting games needing to coexist and how if you start small that you need to not burn bridges with the big boys or the scene, but I'll save it for the morning.
You don't even need a rant, that's just common sense.

It's not Capcom's fault that Skullgirls is a niche game with an artstyle that makes SFV's fanservice look tame.

kirblar

I read the front page of MikeZ's Twitter, and it mostly complains about input lag in SFV. Don't we all think that's ridiculous?
It's not the complaint itself, it's the frequency and the massive negative attitude. We suspected the increased input delay was a deliberate decision relating to netplay, and how much of that is actually reversible at this point is an unknown. They already reduced it once, and they know we'd like it reduced again, so if they're not getting it down lower right now, there's clearly a reason for it. So why complain about it?

The IG team's salt about SFV \winning FG of the year at the VG Awards was a bad look too.

Mr. X

You guys are quite ridiculous with the "right way to complain" nonsense.

The input lag shouldn't be this high, characters made stronger by high input lag is dumb, taking away all meterless invincible reversals is a bonehead choice.

kirblar

I didnt see this , what was it about?
They weren't happy with it winning and made their displeasure known. It came off as petty.
You guys are quite ridiculous with the "right way to complain" nonsense.

The input lag shouldn't be this high, characters made stronger by high input lag is dumb, taking away all meterless invincible reversals is a bonehead choice.
"Don't shit on your competitors" is a pretty basic business concept.

They weren't happy with it winning and made their displeasure known. It came off as petty.

"Don't shit on your competitors" is a pretty basic business concept.

Can you link me to their displeased tweets? I can see why they might not a want a game that was a launch bomb to get an award.

Also, shitting on your competitors is pretty much all the big 3 gaming companies have done since...forever. None of them are struggling for it. I don't see the problem with being critical about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom