• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
Forgot how damn cool Necalli's Halloween alt was, esp the color 6 (white vtrigger hair) my brain can't use complicated characters atm. Sucks being so drowsy Akuma is just a no go right now, Necalli is quite simple in a way and feels better than Ryu post nerf.

Nah, lets defend this community figure head acting like a bitter stream monster shitting on everything while waiting for his game of choice. Imagine if Capcom, Namco, NRS, ASW figure heads all did this? Sure would work well for the already fragile community as a whole. Make me glad his fanbase as big as it is tbh.
I expect him to ruffle feathers as an indie dev. They're the only ones who don't have to tow a corporate line when it comes to explaining why or how they came to a decision regarding an aspect of a game and I totally expect them to be more opinionated than influential figureheads like Ono or Harada. It's not like him speaking up will ruin the chances of Skullgirls vs Guilty Gear lol. Sometimes it'll piss people off and sometimes it gets us neat stuff like the PS3 fight stick drivers and it helps to spread ideas or tech like GGPO and multi-fight lobbies. I'll agree it's not an excuse to act like a butthole regarding other fighters, but that is just me personally having different (not necessarily lower) expectations of him than other FG devs due to his position.
I just find him severely unprofessional considering the position he used to have with SG. It's like Harada or Ed Boon (although he's nowhere near that level) having sly digs but we know they wouldn't because they are supportive of the genre and thier industry peers.
Precisely why I don't mind it when he goes off the record.
SG a blend of SF with marvel, I am not great at the game, i only play friends online, they around my skill level, when I play other players online, get crushed...but I have never had a laggy match, even play a friend in Cali and I am on the east coast, that same friend on SFV have laggy matches..
Almost all 2D fighters have got a lot of SF in them. SG has way more influence stemming from CvS, VSav and GG than SF. Obviously the Mahvel aspect is clear as day.

ArjanN

Nah, lets defend this community figure head acting like a bitter stream monster shitting on everything while waiting for his game of choice. Imagine if Capcom, Namco, NRS, ASW figure heads all did this? Sure would work well for the already fragile community as a whole. Make me glad his fanbase as big as it is tbh.

You come across as about way more as bitter, and over what was clearly just a minor sarcastic jab in some patch notes 5 people will read.

Playing Guilty Gear Xrd and Skullgirls made me realize that I just don't enjoy the hyper fast, extremely mobile variety of games with long ass combos. They're still fantastic fighting games but I just don't enjoy them.

The only series of that nature that I've enjoyed is Mahvel.

That being said, I really wanted to get into those series as the artstyle,presentation,music and pretty much everything is just wonderfully made. The characters are SO well designed and feel so unique.

I-no <3

RM8

I've never enjoyed the super combo heavy Marvel / Arcsys style of games, it's far too removed from what I like about fighting games. I've given Marvel, SG, BB and GG a proper chance but they're just not my thing at all. Plus I don't like edgy animu (Arcsys) or Everything Was R. Mika (SG). I mostly love SF, KOF, Tekken, SSB and VF. Plus MKX (I'm a huge MK fanboy, but I legit think only MKX is a good legit fighting game) and obscure stuff like Breakers, Fighter's Destiny and World Heroes.

Pompadour

Playing Guilty Gear Xrd and Skullgirls made me realize that I just don't enjoy the hyper fast, extremely mobile variety of games with long ass combos. They're still fantastic fighting games but I just don't enjoy them.

The only series of that nature that I've enjoyed is Mahvel.

That being said, I really wanted to get into those series as the artstyle,presentation,music and pretty much everything is just wonderfully made. The characters are SO well designed and feel so unique.

I-no <3

What I don't like about GG and SG is that the hits don't feel very satisfying. Part of this is due to the nature of the combo system where 50 hit combos may do less than a SFV jump-in but a lot of it is the animation and the sound effects. SG has great animation overall and the most animation per character in a 2D fighter but I don't believe it has as many hit stun frames of animation. I could be wrong but I get the sense that a common combo in SG looks like one character frozen in a wincing expression occasionally broken up by their bodies jerking from a big hit. Guilty Gear ia even worse since the game has limited animation intentionally.

Also, very few fighting games feel like the characters have weight. In 3S when people got launched and fell to the ground it look like it really hurt. Most other fighting games make the characters feel like they are 50% helium.

SG a blend of SF with marvel, I am not great at the game, i only play friends online, they around my skill level, when I play other players online, get crushed...but I have never had a laggy match, even play a friend in Cali and I am on the east coast, that same friend on SFV have laggy matches..

Even when fighting in the same state is can feel bad when I fought Alex Jebailey.

Csr

Mike isn't wrong about the invincible reversal. They should've added more, not removed all.

If there is one thing i love about the balance update is that meterless invincible reversals are gone.

I have seen most people praise the change.
Only 4 characters had them anyway.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
This talk about Arc Sys games and their super long combos is kind of funny when you play Rashid in SFV and Raven 'the buttons don't matter as long as sweep is one of them' McEdgelord in GG.

ElFly

Mike isn't wrong about the invincible reversal. They should've added more, not removed all.

there are still invincible reversals in the game

they cost meter tho

if you want meterless invincinble unthrowable reversals instant AA moves, the characters should pay for it, dearly

like...maybe Dan could get one

Mr. X

Like CC combos?

"Don't Burn Bridges" is a pretty basic rule of thumb. He's not a business or an advertiser, he's a worker.
No one is that sensitive where pointing out bad design choices or flaws. Capcom isn't a hivemind, some probably agree.

jett

D-Member
Season 2 balance is worse than AE, not even sure how they managed to do that with a smaller roster. Buy your top tier character everyone.

It's kinda strange how quickly S2 has appeared unbalanced, compared to S1 which seemed pretty okay overall to be honest. Everyone seems to be flocking to the top tiers now.

Pompadour

It's kinda strange how quickly S2 has appeared unbalanced, compared to S1 which seemed pretty okay overall to be honest. Everyone seems to be flocking to the top tiers now.

I don't see it as that different than the beginning of S1 where everyone assumed Nash was godlike and he was over represented online. S2 could be less balanced than S1 but it's too early to tell.

ElFly

honeymoon has ended, everyone wants the Ws now

too early to say how the balance in S2 stacks tho. people are prolly not going to like it due to the nerfs to Ryu/Ken. at least one of those has to always be p good to keep the shoto fans happy

honeymoon has ended, everyone wants the Ws now

too early to say how the balance in S2 stacks tho. people are prolly not going to like it due to the nerfs to Ryu/Ken. at least one of those has to always be p good to keep the shoto fans happy

They have Akuma, shoto fans can't cry.

kobu

Can vega please get some consistent combos? Either you make the roll safe or you extend the fucking hitbox forward so I can actually get some fucking damage in. EX roll doesn't even work from max low strong distance anymore.

I feel Akuma is too weird for the shoto fans BUT I've also seen the new Akuma army online (and it has driven my LP through the roof) so you may not be wrong

I think people will rush Akuma even harder when one of the big ticket players destroys an entire tournament bracket with him.

it's only been a week lol. Different regions are seeing different potentials in different characters. Gotta give it time.

JayEH

It wasn't about design choices: https://twitter.com/JosephJBroni/status/804523490380546048

And there is a lot of truth in that tweet. KI does many things better and it could use some publicity.

give it some time my man

there are still invincible reversals in the game

they cost meter tho

if you want meterless invincinble unthrowable reversals instant AA moves, the characters should pay for it, dearly

like...maybe Dan could get one

I like them gone but it hurts characters like Cammy while Guile can stop everything Akuma throws.

What do you think of the rumors that this is a "beta" before a final balance patch before the season starts ?

I could see it happening. Overall this patch looks like something that was done after Evo instead of made after Capcom Cup.

Some of the changes are really good but some just don't make any sense in my opinion.

kirblar

I could see it happening. Overall this patch looks like something that was done after Evo instead of made after Capcom Cup.

Some of the changes are really good but some just don't make any sense in my opinion.
Grey life has to get toned down. Right now it's effectively chip.

I hope we get another balance patch. Nash can't jump to save his life and now loses to Balrog's Air to Air.. Chun's St.LK still beats everything Nash does and doesn't help she can cross under and still manage to get her Light AA out. Juri's fireball hit Nash out of his moonsault just before hitting her.

JayEH

I hope we get another balance patch. Nash can't jump to save his life and now loses to Balrog's Air to Air.. Chun's St.LK still beats everything Nash does and doesn't help she can cross under and still manage to get her Light AA out. Juri's fireball hit Nash out of his moonsault just before hitting her.

you want to be able to jump in more?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, none of this will change.
Not sure why an air-to-air should lose either.

You are the exact reason why Capcom shouldn't listen to its fans sometimes. Besides that some of Nash's nerfs are ridiculous.

Man wait until you watch diamond is unbreakable it's the best part so far after part 2.
I just finished Stardust Crusaders and it left me so hungry for some more JoJo that I just started DiU.

Just saw the first episode and holy shit,
Joseph has an illegitimate son?

I'm gonna miss that theme song from the first half of Stardust Crusaders though. It's SO GOOD.

Kashiwaba

I just finished Stardust Crusaders and it left me so hungry for some more JoJo that I just started DiU.

Just saw the first episode and holy shit,
Joseph has an illegitimate son?

I'm gonna miss that theme song from the first half of Stardust Crusaders though. It's SO GOOD.
Stardust crusaders was the lowest point in the series for me, I loved battle Tendency the most and Diamond unbreakable is close second, the cast of stardust crusaders was so boring hell even Jotaro in DiU is more interesting than he was in stardust. Also the main villain in DiU is the best i will just leave it at that to not spoil the show for you :p.

Stardust crusaders was the lowest point in the series for me, I loved battle Tendency the most and Diamond unbreakable is close second, the cast of stardust crusaders was so boring hell even Jotaro in DiU is more interesting than he was in stardust. Also the main villain in DiU is the best i will just leave it at that to not spoil the show for you :p.
I loved Battle Tendency too and it helped that they had pretty much 2 separate arcs with 2 separate stories fit into one so the pacing was really tight.

Stardust Crusaders definitely tended to drag with just getting to Egypt taking so many episodes and then having to wade through jobbers to get to the Big Bad Dio but I couldn't help but love it because of the characters. I do agree that Jotaro was boring in that one though, he kinda felt like the Mary Sue of the group. Iggy was shit too.

Loved the rest of the gang though.

giphy.gif

Fam Bison is good now what do you have to complain about?
Bison is certainly improved in S2, but I feel he still has the same issues that he had before, he's just much better at the situations where he was just decent at before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom