• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download the FAT app if you guys want easy to access frame data.

I'm not sure if it's on iOS though.
This app is amazing! I'm still terrible when it comes to frame data, but this will help greatly. It even has "ranged punishes" as a category under combos. There is also an "alternative" move name selection for when you don't know the names of moves. I love FANG, but have no clue what his specials are called, so they are labeled "fireball" and whatnot automatically.

Here is a link to the Android app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fullmeter.fat

Edit:. Frame trapper? Frame linker?
Ok, this app is incredible.

There is also an "alternative" move name selection for when you don't know the names of moves. I love FANG, but have no clue what his specials are called, so they are labeled "fireball" and whatnot automatically.

Nishikiyu
Sotoja
Ryobenda
Nikankyaku
Shishiruirui

Then we move on to some of the command normals

Senpukuga
Nirenko

is that really so hard?
It is really fucking hard but you get used to it.

Doesn't he like...say all of those though? It's like forgetting what spinning bird kick is even though chun yells it every time she does it.

I would never have known the name for his command normals, his CA or dash if I didn't look it up.

He does say the name for his trap,upballs and lunge.

Can you link me to their displeased tweets? I can see why they might not a want a game that was a launch bomb to get an award.

Also, shitting on your competitors is pretty much all the big 3 gaming companies have done since...forever. None of them are struggling for it. I don't see the problem with being critical about these things.

The big three don't hosts polls to see if "pro players only play for the money or not" implying people care about SFV and not SG because you can make dosh. Check Mikes Twitter.

you can tell mike z is mad salty that no one plays SG which has a bunch of shit sfv is missing/has problems with. Lol

He took time out of his day (apparently unpaid) to add the ability for SkullGirls to run with the same input delay as SFV, and used the patch-notes to brag about an influx of players from SFV to SkullGirls. That influx was about 15 people on average, according to SteamCharts. So yeah.

Edzi

Ucchedavāda;227390234 said:
He took time out of his day (apparently unpaid) to add the ability for SkullGirls to run with the same input delay as SFV, and used the patch-notes to brag about an influx of players from SFV to SkullGirls. That influx was about 15 people on average, according to SteamCharts. So yeah.

Lol, that's beyond pathetic.

Meanwhile we will probably get Kuma/Panda as a character slot for S2 because Harada and Ono are too buddy buddy.

Ya just can't win.
Kuma_Mika_Deal_With_It.gif

Lol, that's beyond pathetic.

We've recently had an influx of players from another popular fighting game.
Welcome, all of you!
We hope you enjoy the ability to display frame data and hitboxes in Training Mode, as well as the plethora of choices available for both players to select at the end of each game. To help you feel more at home, I've added the Launch Option -ascendhigher, which will increase the native input delay of Skullgirls from between 3-4 frames to between 6-7 frames*.

It really does come off as kinda petty.

DR2K

Banned
Season 2 balance is worse than AE, not even sure how they managed to do that with a smaller roster. Buy your top tier character everyone.

Kuma please leave you weren't even fun in SFxT.

Kuma's design in SFxT was fantastic though.

I hated it.

But I did watch Tasty Steve get bopped by a Kuma player and that was pretty enjoyable tbh.

Season 2 balance is worse than AE, not even sure how they managed to do that with a smaller roster. Buy your top tier character everyone.

Worse than AE? Do you remember Elena or?

Who hurt you, D? Who hurt you? Was it Urien? Laura? She's not even DLC fam.

Ucchedavāda;227390502 said:
V-Skill is switching between Kuma and Panda.

I'd play that.

CA is farts.

latest

kirblar

AE was Yun/Yang/Cammy/Fei/Seth, not Elena. (Elena was nothing in USF4 compared to those guys)

Sethlolol's Kuma was the hypest part of SFxT competitive play.

Sayad

Ucchedavāda;227390234 said:
Lmao! Is this real?! This is more pathetic than his attitude toward ASW games, lol!

Lmao! Is this real?! This is more pathetic than his attitude toward ASW games, lol!

Yes, it is real.
You can read the patch-notes here and the SteamCharts page is here. The actual influx that the game is now getting is the result of the game being sold for peanuts as part of the Winter Sale.

But what is his attitude towards ASW games?

I think I'm starting to get a reputation in my local scene as "that guy that just CAs a lot".

But it's actually working for me since there are players that will straight up respect my wakeup. As F.A.N.G.

What a world.

kirblar

Ucchedavāda;227390842 said:
Yes, it is real.
You can read the patch-notes here and the SteamCharts page is here. The actual influx that the game is now getting is the result of the game being sold for peanuts as part of the Winter Sale.

But what is his attitude towards ASW games?
The attitude is "I am mad that people don't see my brilliance and instead play *insert mainstream game I deem inferior here*"

Neoxon

Quick question, how do I get more consistent with the light Headbutt spacing for the combo where you do c.HP, then quickly do light Headbutt to space yourself properly for the 2nd c.HP?

Although I really hope we get to see little mini stories like Balrog getting his ass beat by Alex.
I was gonna make a joke about that being the only scenario where Alex can beat Balrog, but his V-Trigger parries might actually make the matchup surprisingly more even than some people would expect.
It was clearly a joke. Come on, now. Their patch notes are always full of them.

Also he loves GG.
No, we must circle the wagons and defend our anime game of choice to the death! We're special and it's not like we don't make a habit out of shitting on anyone that has any criticisms about the game!

Some people gotta learn how to take a joke. I thought we would have learned by now after the joke of a release that SFV was.

I've literally just dived into a fire ant colony

Quick question. Can you still throw v reversals?

With mika (or any character) I used to jump in with lk and bait the v reversal but throw them out of it with either throw or command throw. I have tried a few times and it doesn't seem to work in s2. Has that changed at all?

Quick question. Can you still throw v reversals?

With mika (or any character) I used to jump in with lk and bait the v reversal but throw them out of it with either throw or command throw. I have tried a few times and it doesn't seem to work in s2. Has that changed at all?
Yes, they can still be thrown. Some characters have fast V-Reversals so maybe that's what's throwing you off?

It was clearly a joke. Come on, now. Their patch notes are always full of them.

Also he loves GG.

I realize that it is a joke, it just seems a bit petty.
But I say that despite having a endless stream of complaints about Capcom and SFV, myself, so take it with a grain of salt.

Good to know that it's just SFV, though.
He seems to have made some extensive criticisms of Xrd, but skimming them they seem quite reasonable:
http://mikezsez.blogspot.dk/2015/01/why-im-not-playing-ggxrd.html

Oh, for fucks sake! Match-making is still busted today, and keeps feeding me an endless stream of low LP players. I guess I'll trying my luck with lounges for the next while.

On the bright side I unlocked the gold achievement and I am still
marginally
less fraudulent than the people who did so by rage-quitting.

Joking about the shitfest that is SFV's launch is fine. But hosting a poll asking if pro players are only enjoying a game because of the money (which is a hilariously dumb assertion) implies people are running SFV instead of SG because of the cash.

Which is why possibly innocent jabs look like mounts of salt tbh.

Throwing a V-Reversal feels great.

Play against Nash. You'll be feeling great all day.

Throwing a V-Reversal feels great.
Nothing better than finishing a match by baiting a V-reversal and throwing the opponent.
Joking about the shitfest that is SFV's launch is fine. But hosting a poll asking if pro players are only enjoying a game because of the money (which is a hilariously dumb assertion) implies people are running SFV instead of SG because of the cash.
I'd have to agree that it's kinda dumb considering how much newer SFV is than SG and also the fact that they're two very different types of games.

Sayad

No, we must circle the wagons and defend our anime game of choice to the death! We're special and it's not like we don't make a habit out of shitting on anyone that has any criticisms about the game!

Some people gotta learn how to take a joke. I thought we would have learned by now after the joke of a release that SFV was.

I've literally just dived into a fire ant colony
Nah, lets defend this community figure head acting like a bitter stream monster shitting on everything while waiting for his game of choice. Imagine if Capcom, Namco, NRS, ASW figure heads all did this? Sure would work well for the already fragile community as a whole. Make me glad his fanbase as big as it is tbh.

Quick question, how do I get more consistent with the light Headbutt spacing for the combo where you do c.HP, then quickly do light Headbutt to space yourself properly for the 2nd c.HP?
Spacing should be at about the max distance where both of cr.HP hits connect, keep in mind the push back of the move you start the combo with, easiest to space is by starting with charged HK just outside point blank. Exact spacing is a bit character specific, you'd have to test things in the lap. It work from any distance on Gief, such a sweet match up. :)

The other more viable way outside combing after stun, is to delay canceling into lp.headbut as long as possible, but that's much harder to get down.

MrCarter

He's got a point when the flagship for fighting games fumbles multiple times.

I just find him severely unprofessional considering the position he used to have with SG. It's like Harada or Ed Boon (although he's nowhere near that level) having sly digs but we know they wouldn't because they are supportive of the genre and thier industry peers.

SFV does have bad netcode, but I actually enjoy the gameplay and it has characters I like :p I played a total of 86 minutes of Skullgirls according to Steam.

SG a blend of SF with marvel, I am not great at the game, i only play friends online, they around my skill level, when I play other players online, get crushed...but I have never had a laggy match, even play a friend in Cali and I am on the east coast, that same friend on SFV have laggy matches..

Pompadour

you can tell mike z is mad salty that no one plays SG which has a bunch of shit sfv is missing/has problems with. Lol

Mike Z wonders why the best selling DVDs aren't always the ones with the most special features regardless of what the movie is.

I just find him severely unprofessional considering the position he used to have with SG. It's like Harada or Ed Boon (although he's nowhere near that level) having sly digs but we know they wouldn't because they are supportive of the genre and thier industry peers.

I think Mike Z is extremely talented and I get immense joy reading his articles about fighting game design but the dude comes off like a less aggressive Phil Fish sometimes.

KingBroly

Banned
This week's 5k Mission:
Pick City in Chaos, throw opponent about 4-5 times on the center-right of the stage to get the Bull and Car to fall down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom