• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear Battle Lounge is where I got the most fun of this game. Opened a lobby, got several First to 5 against various players from Bronze to Platinum.

No Rage Quitters, no Fight Money Farmers, quick re-matches... How a FG is meant to be played.

FM makes things too serious I feel like. Or maybe it's the points/ranking system. I think a lot of people didn't care as much as they did with PP and BP in SF4 compared to SFV's stressful system.

Shoutouts to Lucky for giving vulva his FM back.

Hyun Sai

FM makes things too serious I feel like. Or maybe it's the points/ranking system. I think a lot of people didn't care as much as they did with PP and BP in SF4 compared to SFV's stressful system.

The sad thing is that I had to grind my way to Gold because people won't take a rookie seriously in Battle Lounges. Won't enter lobby, kick you when you enter one, rage quit or badmouth when they lose to said rookie...

I fear I'll have to grind again to Platinum one day, sigh...

Virtua Fighter used to do the whole "you're not blocking x types of moves" thing a decade ago. It doesn't require as intense technology as you might think.

FluxWaveZ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";229109502]Virtua Fighter used to do the whole "you're not blocking x types of moves" thing a decade ago. It doesn't require as intense technology as you might think.[/QUOTE]

SFV has data for that kind of thing, too.

The sad thing is that I had to grind my way to Gold because people won't take a rookie seriously in Battle Lounges. Won't enter lobby, kick you when you enter one, rage quit or badmouth when they lose to said rookie...

I fear I'll have to grind again to Platinum one day, sigh...
Same thing still happens if you are a gold player trying to enter random platinum lobbies. Unfortunately ranked is a pain the ass.

That's a shame. You should try other fighters.

Been playing a lot of MKXL lately, and gave Guilty Gear Xrd another shot.

But mainly, I've just been clearing through my backlog. Though that's slowed down now that the GOTY for 2017 is out.
Yakuza Zero

In terms of fighters, I'm mainly waiting for both I2 and Tekken 7. Both are shaping up to be fantastic games and I'm incredibly excited.

MrCarter

But mainly, I've just been clearing through my backlog. Though that's slowed down now that the GOTY for 2017 is out.
Yakuza Zero

In terms of fighters, I'm mainly waiting for both I2 and Tekken 7. Both are shaping up to be fantastic games and I'm incredibly excited.

I've been playing through the Uncharted collection, it's been a rollercoaster playing all 3 for the first time, back to back, and I'm almost done. Uncharted 3 is very random towards the end.

As for fighters, I bought GG Revelator for £10 in the sale but still haven't had a crack at it yet. I tried to get into the first Injustice however I simply can't get into the stiff animations of NRS games. Tekken 7 looks good though.

Westlo

I swear Battle Lounge is where I got the most fun of this game. Opened a lobby, got several First to 5 against various players from Bronze to Platinum.

No Rage Quitters, no Fight Money Farmers, quick re-matches... How a FG is meant to be played.

I wouldn't even bother with ranked if they had region locking for battle lounges....

SFIV - 10% ranked, 90% battle lounges
SFV - 95% ranked, 5% battle lounges....

ElFly

All the Gief players besides Snake Eyez are saying he's amazing. Only SE is downplaying him. Itazan was bodying Laura's left and right. Gief is gonna be a problem this season.

let's see results first

Gief has an uphill battle cause Guile and Urien are gonna be popular. he does ok against Laura but eh

Village

If characters had individual Rank points for each character, that would make things less stressful

LakeEarth

let's see results first

Gief has an uphill battle cause Guile and Urien are gonna be popular. he does ok against Laura but eh

If you pick a heavy character, you're going to have an uphill climb against some characters. That's just the nature of playing those types.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wake-up Aegis is actually pretty good, because it will come out no matter what.

And you don't really need to anticipate it with some of these setups. Like meaty Cr.hp and stuff like that is just a normal pressure button.

Sayad

Wake-up Aegis might be the best wake up option in the game if one hit isn't going to kill you. Doesn't lose to just blocking, doesn't care about safe jumps and require very specific setups to beat, most of which would lose to a wake-up EX head butt or just blocking. It's your turn to guess against a fully loaded waking up Urien, not him. ;p

Moaradin

Wake up aegis is a good get off me tool. Kinda hard to get anything off of it though. I do love to dash forward and throw the second aegis out, since people tend to jump back right into the second aegis lol.

Alchemist

Yakuza Zero

Pretty much the same as me. I'm burnt out on SFV and the lack of updates from Capcom isn't helping.

Speaking of Urien, Art was playing with the idea of invincible start up supers on the first hit of Urien's EX Tackle. If they do it up close, you can activate Sim's super and get free damage.

https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/824634420586024961

You might think "who the fuck does that?", but I've fought a lot of Urien's that'll do that shit right next to you and laugh.

let's see results first

I just feel it, ya know? But honestly I haven't see a lot of people switch over so I dunno.

If characters had individual Rank points for each character, that would make things less stressful

Yeah that's true. And it'd allow me to tank my shit learning a new character and not feel bad for fighting Bronzes.

mbpm1

Speaking of Urien, Art was playing with the idea of invincible start up supers on the first hit of Urien's EX Tackle. If they do it up close, you can activate Sim's super and get free damage.

https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/824634420586024961

You might think "who the fuck does that?", but I've fought a lot of Urien's that'll do that shit right next to you and laugh.

Yeah, I remember seeing a similar thing in a video.

Doesn't have to be exactly point blank, there's some leeway if the first hit strikes.

Skilletor

I thought Capcom was going to be better at communicating. Sell a season pass and go on radio silence is garbage.

I'm studying for the GRE and taking two classes this semester, so I haven't played much SF5 in a few days.

Cross post, but also might be getting this thing in the next couple of months:

KqJIzjz.jpg

Now I need to learn about arcade boards. :D

Yeah, I remember seeing a similar thing in a video.

Doesn't have to be exactly point blank, there's some leeway if the first hit strikes.

Can't wait to see the blow ups at tournaments.

Part of me thinks they are reassigning people around this year and haven't nailed down an actual spokesperson. Combofiend WAS that guy, but now he's working on MVC:I. Haunts was when he needed to be, and bacon is just a general dude who's more for PC releases AFAIK.

What they need is a community manager that can absorb complaints and filter out the SFV SUXZ garbage and send them the real stuff, and relay that back to the crowd. This person needs to be at CPT events, this person needs to be speaking at interviews, and this person needs to be on Twitter/Facebook/social media engaging the fans.

Like, I feel for them in the sense that the overt hate is probably hard to pull the wheat from the chaff (which, to be fair, is mostly their fault), but at the same time, communication is outright key. Even if it's a simple "we have more stuff coming your way in a few weeks", that's fine. Just give the players anything.

ElFly

Part of me thinks they are reassigning people around this year and haven't nailed down an actual spokesperson. Combofiend WAS that guy, but now he's working on MVC:I. Haunts was when he needed to be, and bacon is just a general dude who's more for PC releases AFAIK.

What they need is a community manager that can absorb complaints and filter out the SFV SUXZ garbage and send them the real stuff, and relay that back to the crowd. This person needs to be at CPT events, this person needs to be speaking at interviews, and this person needs to be on Twitter/Facebook/social media engaging the fans.

Like, I feel for them in the sense that the overt hate is probably hard to pull the wheat from the chaff (which, to be fair, is mostly their fault), but at the same time, communication is outright key. Even if it's a simple "we have more stuff coming your way in a few weeks", that's fine. Just give the players anything.

there's nothing a PR guy can do if they aren't really doing much behind doors tho. we don't know if they even have people working on a second balance patch like some people have asked or if that's a thing they just have a couple of guys do for a month once a year, or if the network stuff is really being worked on

at best he may estimate when the DLC guys will be ready. what if they just left a skeleton crew behind for SFV and moved everyone to MvC:I? a PR guy will be left just saying platitudes

December 31st, 2017.

Last minute just like everything they've done with SF5.

to be fair they will prolly announce haters are being left behind like the 28th and do the actual leaving behind the 31

Pompadour

If they're planning something big they shouldn't announce an announcement because if it doesn't meet expectations (and it won't if they hype it up) then the negativity will remain or increase.

I'm not hoping but I can see where they may, eventually, release a big update to wipe the slate clean but letting us know that in advance would backfire when it isn't enough.

People should, right now, expect 5 new characters + some nostalgia costumes + some stages + and maybe an arcade mode this year. I wouldn't anticipate anything more.

there's nothing a PR guy can do if they aren't really doing much behind doors tho. we don't know if they even have people working on a second balance patch like some people have asked or if that's a thing they just have a couple of guys do for a month once a year, or if the network stuff is really being worked on

at best he may estimate when the DLC guys will be ready. what if they just left a skeleton crew behind for SFV and moved everyone to MvC:I? a PR guy will be left just saying platitudes

to be fair they will prolly announce haters are being left behind like the 28th and do the actual leaving behind the 31

They might be hoarding a bunch of shit for July, and that's whatever, but CPT stuff and things like DLC characters at least need some proper communication. And if enough actual complaints filter in, and there's someone to translate that into how they can gain more community back, then I'm sure they could move some people around back to the skeleton crew.

At this point, Extra Battle, Arcade Mode, and improved netcode are the things I want the most. Those can come out before whatever they are doing for the San Diego Comic Con event.

But Capcom works at their own glacial pace, so who knows.

If they're planning something big they shouldn't announce an announcement because if it doesn't meet expectations (and it won't if they hype it up) then the negativity will remain or increase.

I'm not hoping but I can see where they may, eventually, release a big update to wipe the slate clean but letting us know that in advance would backfire when it isn't enough.

People should, right now, expect 5 new characters + some nostalgia costumes + some stages + and maybe an arcade mode this year. I wouldn't anticipate anything more.

Damn costumes and stages? Shit I didn't even go that far. But yeah, maybe a soft relaunch once they get their shit all in order. I guess it makes sense not to hype people up.

mbpm1

It's not as hard as it seems. A fair amount of people still want to give the game a chance.

Lulubop

Man, what are they thinking with this game? With all the negativity you'd think they'd at least regularly communicate with the community. Do they really think going ghost for a month-and-half, after the mixed reception of S2 is the way to go?

I dont really have a problem with the silence. If theres nothing to announce, theres nothing to announce. They've said they're working on the servers, they're working on new characters, and they're working on some big updates. Its the CPT off-season and they've got a lot to work on and improve.

Idk maybe im so used to playing Valve games that silence doesn't bug me anymore.

This probably wouldn't be such a big deal if that dude hadn't said haters would be left behind and WSO hadn't said something is coming this week on last week's stream.

Skilletor

This probably wouldn't be such a big deal if that dude hadn't said haters would be left behind and WSO hadn't said something is coming this week on last week's stream.

I don't care about either of those things.

Before launch last year, before I spent any money on SF5, there was a road map. They're asking people to spend more money on SF5 and shit from LAST YEAR'S road map isn't out yet, and we don't have anything similar going forward.

Lulubop

I dont really have a problem with the silence. If theres nothing to announce, theres nothing to announce. They've said they're working on the servers, they're working on new characters, and they're working on some big updates. Its the CPT off-season and they've got a lot to work on and improve.

Idk maybe im so used to playing Valve games that silence doesn't bug me anymore.

They have characters coming we know absolutely nothing about, or when they're going to be released. Not even the next character. We don't even have a road map yet like we did for S1? They're selling us the S 2 dlc pass, but they have nothing to say? Sure.

I mean Resident Evil 7 seems to be a very well made and polished game so it's clear that Capcom CAN get its shit together to make something great.

I honestly think that what little budget Capcom gives the SF team just got smaller cause they're dedicating more time to MvC:I. It was pretty clear that the game was made on practically a shoestring budget compared to their other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom