• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCarter

I mean, bugs happen and at least they are working on it straight away. However, as other have said, if they can communicate about this why can't they about the rest of the game? They are really doing a disservice to the people who developed the battle system, animation and modelling on SFV and they deserve way better.

What necessitates the requirement for the servers being as they are in the first place? The crossplay, the FM system, both? From the onset I thought the FM system would be a good thing, but if it means needing regular 7+ hour downtimes, then not so much.

Edzi

What necessitates the requirement for the servers being as they are in the first place? The crossplay, the FM system, both? From the onset I thought the FM system would be a good thing, but if it means needing regular 7+ hour downtimes, then not so much.

I think it has more to do with the fact that they decided to build their own infrastructure from the ground up without really knowing how. Now, they're basically trying to fix issues and build on a foundation that's likely pretty fundamentally broken/shaky.

It really feels like they need to overhaul the server system completely. Tweaking it isn't doing shit.

Yep, and while they're at it just repackage the whole game and try again. Think of it as a FFXIV a realm reborn situation or something.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I always expected the replay system to be a server hog. Remember that every single match gets uploaded.

Oh and do we know if that Korean server company might be behind the server Twitter account?

Edzi

I always expected the replay system to be a server hog. Remember that every single match gets uploaded.

Oh and do we know if that Korean server company might be behind the server Twitter account?

It's just storing inputs, not actually recording matches.

I'd prefer they put a hold on DLC for 6 months to get they're shit together and give us a game that doesn't still feel like a Beta test.

no, give me newcomers now pls
lhjhbB9.gif

Also, these obviously aren't the same people working on the server and the dlc, doesn't make sense to just bench your art team for 6 months.

MrCarter

They will continue to patch work their servers.....
DLC money more important...

Bugs do happen though. SFV has more players online than most FG's put together so things like this are expected and when something does go wrong the vocal minority seem like the vocal majority. Like I said, it's good they have communicated that they are on a fix, but it's crucial they also communicate about everything else.

Ucchedavāda;229167191 said:
My guess is that the rage quit system was killing the servers somehow (poorly scaling algorithm?), and that they had to disable it in a hurry. Remember that it disappeared after emergency maintenance. That could also explain how they accidentally broke the matchmaking.

It's possible. That, and putting people in rage quit jail started happening to those that didn't deserve it (to be fair, it wasn't a lot).

I honestly think Capcom is going to overhaul all their shit and use it in MVC:I, but as to when that'll happen is anyone's guess.

At the very least, the servers are getting fixed, but there needs to be a far better solution than what we have right now.

Edzi

Still no news I'm dying here Capcom save me from myself I can't handle playing anymore Alex but I don't like anyone else.

Watch some streams of good Alex players. Alex got nerfed, but he's still viable and can do well in the hands of a good player. It might be an uphill battle in certain matchups and in the higher leagues, but it's doable and worth it. The key is learning to play more patient and reactive as opposed to being overly aggressive all the time.

Watch some streams of good Alex players. Alex got nerfed, but he's still viable and can do well in the hands of a good player. It might be an uphill battle in certain matchups and in the higher leagues, but it's doable and worth it. The key is learning to play more patient and reactive as opposed to being overly aggressive all the time.
I feel like I'm getting blown up for the exact opposite reason. I pressure hard when my opponent doesn't have meter or when they're in the corner, but otherwise I try to in a measured and calculated way. All it results in is me getting blown up by Uriens, Guile and Lauras like crazy. Feels like SFV just rewards people for pressing as many buttons as possible rather than thinking things, through. Maybe it's just my Alex? I don't know.
Is there a maintenance? I keep on getting error 2100d when i try to log in.
Same here

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I don't understand why Capcom doesn't have enough pride in a product that is very good at its core to put in the resources necessary to make it a very good complete package.

Dahbomb

I don't understand why Capcom doesn't have enough pride in a product that is very good at its core to put in the resources necessary to make it a very good complete package.
Their resources are probably stretched very thin. I think most of their effort is being divided into making new characters for SFV and having their other FG division working on Marvel Infinite.

Capcom isn't as big as they used to be.

Pompadour

Their resources are probably stretched very thin. I think most of their effort is being divided into making new characters for SFV and having their other FG division working on Marvel Infinite.

Capcom isn't as big as they used to be.

Yeah, it's clear their strategy is very conservative budgets for their big games. RE7 came out much better than SFV, however.

MrCarter

Capcom values RE more than any other IP they have in thier catalogue and it definitely shows between RE7 and SFV. I feel for poor Ono sometimes - this guy has been an advocate and an asset to SF for years but it seems like, right now, the higher ups are pulling too many wrong strings on this particular franchise.

Shadoken

Which is so ironic , Street Fighter is the fkin IP that put them on the map. No other Capcom game comes anywhere close to the success of SF2.

New002

Which is so ironic , Street Fighter is the fkin IP that put them on the map. No other Capcom game comes anywhere close to the success of SF2.

Maybe some higher ups at the company just figure they can coast on SF being SF while allocating as few resources as possible? I mean...given how the game launched and the state it's currently in I think It'd be dead as a doornail if it wasn't SFV, but people are playing.

Alright GAF.

This is for you.

I'm going to bend the laws of physics here and feed the hungry with my abilities.

Let's make a bet, destiny.

I'll eat my own ass if SFV gets meaningful information next week as to where the game is headed. A roadmap. A blog post. Something that indicates they are working on shit besides the CPT. Offer ends Wednesday night.

Your move, Capcom.

Z..

The bolded is true, but what put them on the map were unquestionably Mega Man and Final Fight, NOT SF.

DR2K

Banned
This game is a fucking mess. I'll give up cross compatibility with PC if it means the damn game is playable

This game is a fucking mess. I'll give up cross compatibility with PC if it means the damn game is playable
The PC version and crossplay are this game's saving grace. Unfortunately the stupid thing can't even run in window mode without crashing constantly.

Capcpom

Shadoken

Sure , if you want to ignore the $4bn it generated from the Arcades ( Which makes all of Capcoms console efforts look like chump change ). Or the sales of releases like SF2:CE on Genesis and SSF2 on SNES.
And also 6.2m SNES copies of SF2 in 1993 is probably a more money than RE5,RE6 in 2009 if you count inflation.

I mean RE5 and 6 are pretty big hits. But I feel like the money SF2 generated lets it hang with some of they biggest titles ever in gaming Pacman,GTA,League,Minecraft..etc.

HardRojo

I was hoping we'd be getting more substantial news when I saw that blog but nope, more "Please be excited" crap. I find myself playing less and less, I only fire the game up to check the new weekly missions, get them done and forget about the game till next Thursday. It seriously needs a robust content update that improves it somehow.

Shadoken

Alright GAF.

This is for you.

I'm going to bend the laws of physics here and feed the hungry with my abilities.

I'll eat my own ass if SFV gets meaningful information next week as to where the game is headed. A roadmap. A blog post. Something that indicates they are working on shit besides the CPT. Offer ends Wednesday night.

Your move, Capcom.

Uh-oh

Edit : ROFL I thought they posted some post Season 2 patch , just read it and found out they just fixed the typos.

Also looks like Pre CPT patch might happen.

Additionally, we’ve been monitoring character performance since the release of Season 2 balance patch. We are currently analyzing this data to see what, if any, additional adjustments may be needed.

We’re also happy to announce that the team has been hard at work for several months to improve the network quality of CFN. We can’t share all of the details quite yet, but we are anticipating an update this Spring. We have more news to share on this in the coming months.

Fuck this counts kinda, doesn't it?

Kikirin

Alright GAF.

This is for you.

Your move, Capcom.

LMAO. Not even two hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom