• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Been watching Valle's stream and he's gotten ChrisG like five times in a row. There's definitely something going on with the matchmaking.

It's been harder for me to find matches recently, so yeah, something could be up or people have been dropping off.
Apparently it's still popular in Mexico and other Central American countries because I get more match making there then with USA players. Them "4-5" bar connections, thanks Capcom.

mbpm1

Tfw you play SFV way longer than you should and you realize you can no longer react to dashes

then whiffed moves

then jump ins

this was a bad idea

FluxWaveZ

The longer I play, the worse I get for sure. I lose thousands of points, yet I still continue. I guess I just try to think of it as building some kind of mental endurance?

After a while, my brain too will stop. Like I'll stop rushing down with Urien and the opponent is like "wtf". Usually, I can turn it back on again enough to win the match though.

Sometimes I'll start out like that too. I'm at my best when I've had a few games under my belt but not enough that I start getting tired.

SFV, or fighting games in general, drains me.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
The longer I play, the worse I get for sure. I lose thousands of points, yet I still continue. I guess I just try to think of it as building some kind of mental endurance?

Seems like a good idea if you are going to compete in tournaments, as you do. Definitely worth more than points.

I could use a lot of work on my mental endurance, but I'm just going to stay cowardly and hang out in casuals for an hour at a time.

mbpm1

The longer i play the more i revert back to my old YOLO style lol.

Some people do that or get salty but i just start falling asleep lol

"Oh he jumped, guess I'll just dp when he lands instead of when he's in the air."

"Oh he jumped I'll just wait until he does his pressure. Oh he did a command throw and killed me. Oh well."

FluxWaveZ

I don't think a character who has such discernible weaknesses could ever be reasonably said to be "top 3." A Mika winning CPT would mean we get the super special costume, though, so that'd be awesome.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

My "hundreds" are pennies compared to your "thousands," but I definitely share the sentiment.
Some days even if I'm on a losing streak I try to teach myself to play through the pain, and can end up redeeming myself. But sometimes life calls and I need to step away and immediately hold that L.

It feels like either way builds endurance, and sleeping off a rough session works wonders.
Always a new day, always a new fight.

No way

It's gonna be Ken

And not Momochi either

Chris T is going to win Capcom Cup

How in the hell is he gonna win anything when it's a 0-10 matchup against his character versus the rest of the whole cast?

Chris "Buff Ken He's Useless Better Cry On Twitter Every Time I Lose" T

mbpm1

How in the hell is he gonna win anything when it's a 0-10 matchup against his character versus the rest of the whole cast?

Chris "Buff Ken He's Useless Better Cry On Twitter Every Time I Lose" T

This is the year when America makes nonsense out of odds

It's going to happen and it will happen with some dps

I think I need a break from this game. I've gotten steadily worse over the past month and no matter what I try or how I approach the game, it all feels like a chore. Videogames are supposed to be for fun and entertainment. I'm not getting that anymore.

Skilletor

I think I need a break from this game. I've gotten steadily worse over the past month and no matter what I try or how I approach the game, it all feels like a chore. Videogames are supposed to be for fun and entertainment. I'm not getting that anymore.

I love the game and take breaks from it for weeks at a time. Sometimes you're too close to the game and need to gain some perspective. Or maybe you don't like the game and should quit. Either way, do you, boo-boo.

Tfw you play SFV way longer than you should and you realize you can no longer react to dashes

then whiffed moves

then jump ins

this was a bad idea

This is what casual and battle lounge are for. You can lose 50 matches, and tomorrow there will be no evidence of it.

Ranked, tho...ranked basically keeps a running tally of any bad days you might have...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Who doesn't want this tho?

sakura-dance-black2.gif~c200

I definitely don't want schoolgirl sakura

Marvel

could never
Same for me.

I cap it at 500 points before I shut it off or take a long break though. Can be hard to use it as a lesson but it must be done lol.

I now watch my replays when I get crushed, never used to.

Is there any reason to choose one platform over the other? I kinda want this game but unsure of which platform to buy it on... I think I'd prefer PC but haven't seen any good sales for it yet on Steam.

I have a Hori Fighting Edge that I used to use on my PS3, I know it works on PC but I'm not sure if it works on PS4 (I don't have one to test as I'm waiting on the Pro).

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any reason to choose one platform over the other? I kinda want this game but unsure of which platform to buy it on... I think I'd prefer PC but haven't seen any good sales for it yet on Steam.

I have a Hori Fighting Edge that I used to use on my PS3, I know it works on PC but I'm not sure if it works on PS4 (I don't have one to test as I'm waiting on the Pro).
Here's a sale: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/street-fighter-v/

On PC you can have lower input lag and mod support. PS4 is the tournament standard. There are no huge differences between the versions from what I've experienced.

Marvel

could never
Suppose I should learn how to use Ibuki since I just dropped 40K on her damn Story outfit (which is quite nice actually)

Sayad

stumbled upon this r/streetfighter thread while searching for some SFV stuff:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/3xlecn/why_did_capcom_nerf_ken_to_oblivion/

Why did capcom Nerf Ken to Oblivion?...

You can't combo s.hp with vskill into cr.jab You can't combo off his roundhouse crushcounter You can't crossup into cr.mp b.mp hp You can't crossup into s.hp
The only saving grace is you can still combo s.hp vskill into l.tatsu h.dp but you have to make sure that you land your s.hp or your fucked, the dumb part is that you could land it without vskill in the last beta.

And few gems from the comments:
the reason they nerfed everyone
capcom hates fun
I really hope we get Comic-Con Ken at launch. He was incredibly fun. Yesterday I felt like I was playing Dan in Alpha 3 against actual good characters like Zangief and Vega.

It's amazing that the character people complained about the most in term of getting nerfed after the beta were Ryu and Ken.

Moaradin

Lol

I would love to see how the beta version of this game would play out now that everyone knows how to play the game. They nerfed damage across the board and damage is STILL crazy high. I bet there would be 1 reset stun to death combos all over the place.

After installing this today, I found it ran like garbage.
The beta ran fine for me and I have a i5 4460, 8GB RAM and a 750GTX TI, so I wasnt expecting trouble.
Someone on the Steam forum suggested I go to the nvidia control panel and change the v-sync setting to "fast" (instead of "use the 3D application setting") and it seems to have done the trick.
Is this what everyone does?
Also getting a 2100d error message when trying to connect to the server. My first impressions of this game are not as positive as I'd hoped they'd be. lol

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
After installing this today, I found it ran like garbage.
The beta ran fine for me and I have a i5 4460, 8GB RAM and a 750GTX TI, so I wasnt expecting trouble.
Someone on the Steam forum suggested I go to the nvidia control panel and change the v-sync setting to "fast" (instead of "use the 3D application setting") and it seems to have done the trick.
Is this what everyone does?
Also getting a 2100d error message when trying to connect to the server. My first impressions of this game are not as positive as I'd hoped they'd be. lol
I had problems while using fast-sync and changed it back. The problem with fast synch is that it doubles frames frome time to time if it doesn't get exactly 60. It became stuttery at completly random occasions.
But I did change the pre-rendered frames setting to "1". That feels best for me.

So no, I don't think that's what most people do. And only Nvidia has fast-sync anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom