• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
https://youtu.be/Gze_THiJZXU

Is this legit?

Season 2 characters
Oro
Rose
Q
Sodom
2 others

Based off an old fake from months ago

tumblr_oad85bjyco1sa9qpro1_500.jpg

Aenima

If i had to bet in Season Pass 2017 characters, i would look at the Cinematic Story and Characters Story for hints.

No way they will release 5 male fighters and 1 female for the season pass. I can see Sakura, C.Viber and Decapree in. And Abel, Gill and maybe Oro or Sagat, or Gouken

LakeEarth

That fake silhouette image always makes me laugh. It wasn't easy to tell who most of the characters were for the first silhouette image (though people did end up figuring them out), but with the fake one, they're so blatantly obvious to the point of being ridiculous to consider it real.

Neoxon

If i had to bet in Season Pass 2017 characters, i would look at the Cinematic Story and Characters Story for hints.

No way they will release 5 male fighters and 1 female for the season pass. I can see Sakura, C. Viper and Decapre in. And Abel, Gill and maybe Oro or Sagat, or Gouken
I mean, it's a decent indication, but I think it shouldn't be taken as an end-all be-all means of finding DLC characters for Season 2. If the Smash 4 hype train taught me anything, it's that nothing is certain.

JayEH

No way they will release 5 male fighters and 1 female for the season pass. I can see Sakura, C.Viber and Decapree in. And Abel, Gill and maybe Oro or Sagat, or Gouken

releasing only characters teased/shown in story mode would be the most boring thing ever.

How do you guys think they're gonna handle story mode in the future?

We know character stories are never going away, but what does that mean for the general story?

Are we gonna get another General Story?

Or is there gonna something new?

Edzi

How do you guys think they're gonna handle story mode in the future?

We know character stories are never going away, but what does that mean for the general story?

Are we gonna get another General Story?

Or is there gonna something new?

I think we're getting a season 2 story for sure, one that focuses more on Urien, Gill, and Bison's actual death (with a cameo by his story alt which never got used).

I think we're getting a season 2 story for sure, one that focuses more on Urien, Gill, and Bison's actual death (with a cameo by his story alt which never got used).

Considering the Character stories were more or less prologues to the main story, can you see the old characters getting there own new story to coincide with the next main story?

Honestly, stuff like this makes me think they didn't really know what they were doing in regards to balance, and that the fact that the game is mostly balanced as it is was mostly an accident.

When a vanilla SF game is unbalanced.

"Capcom doesn't know what they're doing."

When a vanilla SF game is surprisingly balanced.

C'mon, now. Give them some credit here.

When a vanilla SF game is unbalanced.

When a vanilla SF game is surprisingly balanced.

C'mon, now. Give them some credit here.

I like the idea that a company is so stupid, that when they do something smart, it's considered an accident.

Lol

FinKL

That trailer is so fake. On my phone the intro and Akuma is super HD crisp but the second it flashes the season "leak" characters it gets so blurry and pixelated

I find it possible that perhaps Capcom instead of making a second story mode, they might just give a bigger focus on the character stories.

Kind of a more 'episodic' approach.

Zackat

I have a hard time fighting against Gief as Laura. So I don't agree with it :p Overall it seems pretty good. Ryu is a top tier though.

meerak

Eh, I've never seen a tier list that really spoke to my experience in the gutters.

Judging vs this year's CPT, I also don't think that list is especially indicative of character success, but, I don't have any hard data anyways, so, who knows.

Tier lists are fun for the sake of conversation, but a garbage concept in my opinion.

--

about Story stuff...

I expect a General Story Season 2 halfway through the year. New characters will of course get new stories.

I highly doubt every character will get a new story, since the point of those character stories were "pre-SFV" in any case.

Possibly, everyone will get a sliver of something for arcade mode. Maybe arcade mode endings will come after Story Season 1 and Story Season 2 comes after arcade mode? That makes some sense I think.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting the same two diamond players all evening. The matchmaking is borked.

And this is why Necalli is so good:

nec61sb7.png

From an easy hitconfirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom