• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashiwaba

Bought everything i wasn't from s1 using FM but probably i will get the season pass for s2 so i can spend fm on more useless stuff lol.

Skilletor

That's probably my favourite match of SF4, full stop.

Same here. And not because I got donuts.

Yo, we're planning EVO this year, and we should totally get together just to chill and have dinner one night if you guys are going. :)

Sorry if this has been answered: but if you buy the game and the season pass (say the deluxe bundle), do you need a capcom signin to access the extra characters? or does the season pass unlock them without it?

Unlocks automatically.

I bought all the stages and some story costumes/titles/colours with fm, but I still have 500k left.
Buying the 2017 season pass because I want this game to do well.

That Laura was you? GGs, i didnt know who it was haha. Yeah i'll be playing later, if you see me on cfn just invite

Yeah, that was me. Can't remember if you were on PS4 or PC. If you on PS4, I'll shoot you a friend request or you free to shoot me one or provide yours just the same.

JayEH

I legit get vertigo from the stage. :/

I don't care about training stage only, but I really can't play on that stage.

I pay too much attention to my opponent and my own actions to overconcern about the backgrounds. However, training stages are usually very drab in both visuals and music. Rashid's stage is one of the best looking ones and has a dope ass bgm.

I'm glad that Capcom has took a hard line stance against the 'Training Stage only' types. Multiple years of just Training Stage in 4 soured me on the whole damn thing. Having said that, seeing some of Capcom's best stages thus far for V get sidelined due to 'Too Distracting' is just damn awful. I would love it if the Kanzuki Beach could at least get fixed so ocean waves weren't drawing over characters' feet, that way we could get the stage in competitive tournaments.

FluxWaveZ

Of course, and I actually fully agree with this. Fighting on that stage bugs me a lot, and that typically doesn't happen. I like the beach stage, though. A tourney legal version of that one would be cool.

Damn near had your ass last night. Don't know what caused all that lag in that following set with you and that Charlie.

Oh, that Laura was you? I thought that invite might have been someone from GAF. GGs. Yeah, I had to leave because it became way too laggy. My Guile's slowly improving, but my defense still sucks.

Marvel

could never
Aw it got banned? I was hoping it wouldn't but knew deep down it would.

Great looking stage but I understand why.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know "Boltstrike_I" from the UK? Ranked #97 worldwide and it's a little too easy for me to beat him...

Of course, and I actually fully agree with this. Fighting on that stage bugs me a lot, and that typically doesn't happen. I like the beach stage, though. A tourney legal version of that one would be cool.

Oh, that Laura was you? I thought that invite might have been someone from GAF. GGs. Yeah, I had to leave because it became way too laggy. My Guile's slowly improving, but my defense still sucks.

Yeah, we fought 1nce or twice before. Your were using Mika back then. Our matches was you using Balrog tho.

I know it's not just a simple switch, but why not have tourney ready stage for the ones that are banned or would that be too much? The sky stage would be simple enough if the plane were just going over the city and not flying at angles and through things, right?

FluxWaveZ

I didn't see mention of this Famitsu interview with Ono posted about 12 hours ago: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/22121269.html

Though I can't understand Japanese, I can certainly understand this:

Indeed, but which characters will be added in the 2017 season?

Ono: (laughs) I'm looking forward to December 3. (laughs)

One of the responses also seemingly states that they have their current SFV roadmap determined until around 2020. Talks about PS4 Pro support, too. Seems the answer is "no rush to implement support for it yet, but there are several elements running in the background that an update could be made to, with proper timing."

Skilletor

I didn't see mention of this Famitsu interview with Ono posted about 12 hours ago: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/22121269.html

One of the responses also seemingly states that they have their current SFV roadmap determined until around 2020. Talks about PS4 Pro support, too. Seems the answer is "no rush to implement support for it yet, but there are several elements running in the background that an update could be made to, with proper timing."

:D

I just love this game so much. I haven't played a fighter this much since I was in my early 20s playing XvS on the Saturn and in arcades with friends.

Even more excited for Capcup now.

Mizerman

Woo! Can't wait.

Neoxon

I'm glad Capcom's sticking it out for SFV. Hopefully the PS4 Pro update is meaningful.

So that's two new stages that can't be used in competition. How does the biggest fighting game company that sponsors their own worldwide pro tour end up making new stages that players find unfit for use in those events? It's such a strange thing.

Scotia

Banned

My excitement for PSX/CC is through the roof.

Also, support till 2020 would be amazing.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So that's two new stages that can't be used in competition. How does the biggest fighting game company that sponsors their own worldwide pro tour end up making new stages that players find unfit for use in those events? It's such a strange thing.
Maybe they don't care if a couple stages get banned. They have enough others. I'd rather they keep being creative without being overly concerned about tournament logistics.

You mean like how smash 4 implemented omega stages so people wouldn't just pick the same 2 stages over and over in competitive play again?

Competitive play shouldn't stand in the way of creative fun, there are plenty of other stages to use if you get dizzy from a moving background.

remz

Every stage in SFV is an omega stage.

I wonder why the flying stages in Smash never gave anyone vertigo. Camera angle?

Marvel

could never

All the hype.

Bright future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom