• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Give me Kaz
Give me the white Suit

tumblr_m90hllRMzM1qcw656o1_500.gif

You mean the game that gave all KoF characters six buttons after people complained about SF cast having only four in its predecessor?
No I mean the game that had a whole 3 sets of groves that gave a bunch of characters on both sides of the rosters styles that didn't traditionally have. And while it isn't 4 buttons, it is a perfect example of Capcom allowing street fighter characters to experiment ( along with its predecessor as you mentioned) in ways that don't usually do particularly when other characters are involved. its also an example as you mentioned , of how capcom's ideas can change game to game. So what if SFXT gave em 6 buttons, it isn't street fighter 5. And CVS2 doesn't have 4 buttons.. so yeah. They can change, and there is a history of experimentation, that's why I mentioned that game.

And nah, I think akuma looks stupid. Opinions.
I mean if you want to deny greatness I can't stop you. You have to make that choice.

vulva

Who thinks Akuma looks cool? He's just dumb edgy Ryu. The kind of school of design that's about as cool as Shadow the Hedgehog

Village

Who thinks Akuma looks cool? He's just dumb edgy Ryu. The kind of school of design that's about as cool as Shadow the Hedgehog

Both of those characters are extremely popular. So... A lot of people think those characters look cool?

You can't use the whole "who thinks this character looks cool" when their continued existence is almost soley reliant on that point. Not the best example

vulva

Both of those characters are extremely popular. So... A lot of people think those characters look cool?

You can't use the whole "who thinks this character looks cool" when their continued existence is almost soley reliant on that point. Not the best example

Okay, who with a college education thinks either look cool?

Village

I'm about to be a college graduate likes both of those characters

My friend who is a college graduate mains akuma.

I watched college educated people play akuma on stream.

You on some squidward shit my dude.

Village

the same people who think Red Hood is cool

tryhard "edgy" "badass" characters dressed in red and black who don't play by society's rules!

Yeah like batman

PDjYcua.jpg

Or did I just ruin your example.

i didn't realize there was such anti Akuma people in here.

People hate things that other people think is cool. Shits normal.

For example: Vega is dumb, and If you like vega you shouldn't because he's stupid.

What does this even mean

Akuma has a cool design, hes one of the most beloved characters of the franchise, I agree he does look kinda edgy, but thanks to the awesomeness that is the Raging Demon and his personality being quite intimidating without being a total monster he has managed to keep his popularity many years later.

Also I hope you didnt mean that a college education means that somehow you're smarter than the average human being, I know a lot of assholes that graduated college, I know incredibly smart people that just finished high school.

vulva

I'm about to be a college graduate likes both of those characters

My friend who is a college graduate mains akuma.

I watched college educated people play akuma on stream.

You on some squidward shit my dude.

Playing akuma means you think he looks cool?

RK9039

I've been suspecting Heihachi for a while, but this "4 button character" news really solidifies my suspicions.

Guest characters do really well in fighting games, and Street Fighter V needs all the help it can get. Capcom knows this. Heihachi is probably the least offensive guest character I can think of -- he's already crossed over with the Street Fighter cast in SFxTK, and now Street Fighter and Tekken canonically share a universe with Akuma's appearance in Tekken 7.

Heihachi and Akuma are the main promotional characters of Tekken 7, and with Akuma already confirmed for SFV, it makes sense for Heihachi to show up next.

YkaNwmC.jpg

This is best for business.

nded

Ryu looks alright. I don't know why anyone thinks having a college education means they're too good for Ryu.

Edit: I would like some examples of characters who are cool at a college level.

Part of me is such a canon whore that I don't want a guest character in. Another part of me wants to see Hei or Terry rip shit up with the SF boys.

Village

Isn't the point of Red Hood that he's a little bitch tho

Actually he's super ruthless and crazy. That's the point. He's this weird giant monolyth to how shitty batman actually is at his job. Arkham knight messed up his character a bit, but in general he's just a batman that murks people. Batman can't really stop him because he can't destroy that argument as well as he wants. Because Jayson todd being the way he is is a prime ass example of Jayson being right about batman's no kill rule being a little weird. Or in some regards selfish.

Playing akuma means you think he looks cool?

No, but when the streamer says " I think he's cool and looks cool" that helps.

And as far as my college graduate friend is concerned, I can confirm he does think akuma looks cool, yes.

Also while gameplay is important, I find a lot of peoples character choices in games in general tend to land on the " visuals" side of things, though to get more than anecdotal evidence we would need a very large study of how people pick characters.

Alchemist

I didn't see mention of this Famitsu interview with Ono posted about 12 hours ago: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201611/22121269.html

Though I can't understand Japanese, I can certainly understand this:

One of the responses also seemingly states that they have their current SFV roadmap determined until around 2020. Talks about PS4 Pro support, too. Seems the answer is "no rush to implement support for it yet, but there are several elements running in the background that an update could be made to, with proper timing."

Good to hear (again) they're in this for the long haul. 3 more years of content and Pro support should keep the haters quiet for a bit.

Now give us the option to restrict it from online play.

I'd pay good money for a Masters Beach stage with Super Joe and Rad Spencer re-enacting the volleyball scene from Top Gun.
I'm into it.

And since they included some RS girls in the daytime version, how about Nagare, Hayato and Roy for the nighttime? Nagare is already dressed appropriately.

RM8

I don't feel as strongly as you do about this, but I also think he's a boring, edgy design. He's probably my least favourite shoto.

vulva

I don't feel as strongly as you do about this, but I also think he's a boring, edgy design. He's probably my least favourite shoto.

I don't really have a strong feeling about him really. I just think he screams of design to appeal to teenage boys or people with the mentality of a teenage boy. He doesn't visually offend me or anything, I just think it's a dumb/lazy design.

JayEH

Ryu looks alright. I don't know why anyone thinks having a college education means they're too good for Ryu.

Edit: I would like some examples of characters who are cool at a college level.

You need at least a PhD to understand how Laura is a cool character.

Village

teenage boys or people with the mentality of a teenage boy..

Let me throw a wild idea at you.

What if a lot of the designs that came out of SF2 era were meant to appeal to teenagers and children.

Just a wild idea. Here me out here I know its crazy. What if I told you, they still design characters like that... to this day. Crazy I know. Wild

JayEH

I don't really have a strong feeling about him really. I just think he screams of design to appeal to teenage boys or people with the mentality of a teenage boy. He doesn't visually offend me or anything, I just think it's a dumb/lazy design.

This doesn't sound condescending at all

vulva

Let me throw a wild idea at you.

What if a lot of the designs that came out of SF2 era were meant to appeal to teenagers and children.

Just a wild idea. Here me out here I know its crazy.

I mean, I'm pretty sure that was the design intention. So what's your point within that?

Akuma was only ever fun in Pocket Fighter IMO. Otherwise he's just the stereotypical scowling bad guy with no real point of interest beyond his pineapple hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom