• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

stn

Sign me up for the season pass again. I'm happy to give Capcom my money if they keep releasing good characters, skins, and stages.

Hows the OG Mad Catz FightPad PRO? Saw it pretty cheap and thought about picking one up since I can't play a fighter without six buttons, but ive heard mixed stories about the circle dpad.
Anyone here ever use one?

I have had one since they dropped. The original's d-pad takes a lil getting used to, but I can consistently do combos and such with it. The main problem for me tho is that sometimes it's difficult blocking low attacks under pressure with it, cuz it doesn't have the best tactile feedback for your thumb to immediately locate that you're right in between down and back. The other problem is that like mad catz controllers of old, for some reason, the 'O' button tends to get stuck on occasion like no other. It's yet to get permanently stuck, but it'll get stuck in a manner where it'll take you a second to flick it back out to be unstuck, which is costly during a match, obviously.

The newer version is much better in that regard for the d-pad and ultimately, feels perfect. It also fixes the button sticking, as no buttons have ever gotten stuck for me on them yet, not even once. The only problem is that its newly designed d-pad seems much more susceptible to damage easier, as I've gone thru 2 of them in less than 1 month, whereas my original version has held strong still well over 6 months now. By damage, I mean it gets to a point that certain direction presses get little to no response after a while for some reason. I'm gentle enough with my controllers and don't generally drop or throw them or anything and there's no visible cosmetic damage to any of them, yet here I am, with two new version fight pads that either intermittently or completely no longer registers either right-direction presses or right-up presses. It's agonizingly frustrating.

Piccoro

Wait a minute. I just realized that the Season Pass only gives you access to the season 1 characters. So although I'm a season pass owner, I'll have to pay for Akuma... :(
I should have not have spent all my FM.

Wait a minute. I just realized that the Season Pass only gives you access to the season 1 characters. So although I'm a season pass owner, I'll have to pay for Akuma... :(

Season Pass (as it says in description) gives you Season 1 characters and their battle outfits.

It also gives you Guile stage, though that's not in the description.

Skilletor

Sign me up for the season pass again. I'm happy to give Capcom my money if they keep releasing good characters, skins, and stages.

Yup, I'll buy it twice (ps4/pc), and save all my fight money for stages.

Why assume Akuma is part of season 1 and not the start of season 2?

joe2187

Banned
This will be the first stage I won't be able to afford with FM upon it's release. I'm unfortunately 15k shy and have no desire to torture myself with Survival.

You can normally get 6-7K from the dailies, I think last week there were two consecutive dailies worth 5K each so you wouldnt have to work too hard.

so-beautiful.gif

Gren

Damn, a stealth new stage release. Got to be more judicious with my FM from now on (regrets getting Spooky Arena).

Onemic

What's the fastest way to collect fight money? I want that new Rashid stage, but I wanna pay for it in FM if I can.

What's the fastest way to collect fight money? I want that new Rashid stage, but I wanna pay for it in FM if I can.
General Story mode (if you haven't done it already), Character story mode, Easy Survival, Playing online with characters that aren't particularly high level (every level up with a character gives 1000 FM), Medium survival if you're feeling ballsy, Trials and Demonstrations, weekly challenges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom