• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aenima

Did we ever find out what this background was exactly? I have an argument going that needs closure.

Thats the art that was in the wallpapers from Red Bull Battle Grounds. Ono was there.

I was hopping for a Rashid stage since i mainly play with Rashid, but im not a fan of the silliness of fighting on the wings of a moving plane. Was expecting something like a mix of tall Dubai buildings and sand dunnes. With maybe a sandstorm aproaching in the background. Disappointed, FM saved to something else.

Devil

I am a seasonpass owner and did none of the soul crushing tasks (mainly survival on hard and beyond) and am sitting on 630k FM.

Feels really good to be able to just get any of the next 6 season 2 characters for "free". Since I probably won't actually need or want all 6 characters, I'll just pick and chose and get some other stuff for the remaining FM.

People should jump on that 35€ bundle sale right now and they'll be completely set for season 1 and 2.

HardRojo

Season Pass and FM for costumes and stages is what I'm doing. I got around 210k FM and will be getting the season pass later this month, so a nice amount of FM awaits with the new characters.

myco666

No, I'd .... wait a few minutes.

It would be easily the best Birdie costume though.

Capcom please make a good Birdie costume.

I am a seasonpass owner and did none of the soul crushing tasks (mainly survival on hard and beyond) and am sitting on 630k FM.

Feels really good to be able to just get any of the next 6 season 2 characters for "free". Since I probably won't actually need or want all 6 characters, I'll just pick and chose and get some other stuff for the remaining FM.

People should jump on that 35€ bundle sale right now and they'll be completely set for season 1 and 2.

The Deluxe Edition at 35€ is definitely a good value.

Neoxon

Hopefully they'll put up the 2017 Season Pass right after the PSX conference or the Capcom Cup like they did last year. I actually like having disposable Fight Money for future stages.

Edzi

Decided to watch Excellent Adventures last night in the hopes that it would be better. I was wrong. Like 10 minutes in, it's the same schtick with "Hurdur, we can finally react now that we're on PC". I don't even think he turned off vsync, dude probably still thinks PC is just less lag natively.

These complaints have become a weekly thing now. I should just stop watching. -_-

That's the point of my post. There aren't bad characters in the game. The tier list is so truncated. SFV isn't a sub system base game. A huge factor of the players mentally comes into play. Just look at how Nickledu man handled Tokido last night. You cant just live by the tier list.

I'm a Bison main.
agreed except for Gief. He really needs one or two more tools.

LakeEarth

Whatever they do to Gief, they are going to have to be careful. While he has huge problems, once he has that v-trigger it becomes a whole new ballgame.

Tbh I'd be 100% happy with Mika getting major damage nerfs so long as they keep her general gameplan the same. I really enjoy conditioning opponents and playing off of their fear, and I'd like that to be preserved above all.

Pretty sure the only characters who will be getting major nerfs are Ryu, Chun and Necalli though. Most of the other top tiers are fairly balanced imo; big nerfs would tip the scales too far towards the other end of the spectrum.

So anyone going to go to PSX this year?

Really thinking of actually going to it. I'm not much of one to go to gaming conventions and tourneys but it seems like a good deal to have both wrapped into one event. Would be nice to get to play as Akuma early.

Skilletor

I think Ryu is almost completely fair, honestly.

Get rid of j.lk stupid hitbox and jab aa. You have to play clean with Ryu like 90% of the time to win consistently. Those things I mentioned are pretty much my only problems. And maybe his damage, but I'm okay on that either way.

Edzi

So anyone going to go to PSX this year?

Really thinking of actually going to it. I'm not much of one to go to gaming conventions and tourneys but it seems like a good deal to have both wrapped into one event. Would be nice to get to play as Akuma early.

Yup, went last year since it was right next to me in SF and I had a blast, so I'll be driving down to Anaheim this year to attend again. Can't wait to try out Akuma and was the CPT finals.

Tbh I'd be 100% happy with Mika getting major damage nerfs so long as they keep her general gameplan the same. I really enjoy conditioning opponents and playing off of their fear, and I'd like that to be preserved above all.

Pretty sure the only characters who will be getting major nerfs are Ryu, Chun and Necalli though. Most of the other top tiers are fairly balanced imo; big nerfs would tip the scales too far towards the other end of the spectrum.

Get rid of j.lk stupid hitbox and jab aa. You have to play clean with Ryu like 90% of the time to win consistently. Those things I mentioned are pretty much my only problems. And maybe his damage, but I'm okay on that either way.

Chun needs nerfs the most, followed by Ryu. Removing AA lights would probably fix most of what makes Ryu and Necalli annoying, and maybe removing Mika's ability to corner carry from anywhere on screen with her Irish whip would help make that matchup a little less annoying.

Floex

Why does everything take so long to load in this?

I've just started the story, does it really need to load in the cutscenes after every short bout. Urgh, just not feeling this edition at all.

ElFly

gief only needs one thing: Spinning Clothesline has to improve, so it is a slightly better defensive tool and also can combo better

I'd make his sMP a little less positive on hit/block/both cuz as of right now it's kind of ridiculous how much damage he can get off of a safe button.

He could do with an all-around damage boost, I think. As it stands it's pretty easy to snowball incredibly hard off of an errant blow and I don't really think that's the kind of character he's supposed to be.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone wanna play?

It's been a while since I've practiced combos so hard my right arm hurt. Muscle memory on some of Guile's dumb corner stuff has been acquired, though.

Yup, went last year since it was right next to me in SF and I had a blast, so I'll be driving down to Anaheim this year to attend again. Can't wait to try out Akuma and was the CPT finals.

Chun needs nerfs the most, followed by Ryu. Removing AA lights would probably fix most of what makes Ryu and Necalli annoying, and maybe removing Mika's ability to corner carry from anywhere on screen with her Irish whip would help make that matchup a little less annoying.

2 days for $60 seems like a really good deal so I might just end up biting the bullet. How full was it?

I agree with this as well.

Maybe tone down his mp by a little bit too and he will be perfectly balanced. I hope they take this approach with their balance and bring characters up to Ryu instead of the nerf route but that may prove more difficult in reality. Don't think I've seen a company successfully take this approach.

mbpm1

The only thing that could maybe be nerfed is Chun's lightning legs to be +0 or +1 on minimum height

I'd prefer a boost to standard AAs like cr. hp along with nerf on jabs if it came to it.

Roxkis_ii

Chun needs nerfs the most.....

I've heard other people mention this, but could someone explain why Chun should be nerf'ed?

People keep saying she's overpowered and she at the top of most people tier list, but as a person who main's her, I don't see it. She is not an easy character to get good with. (My 36% win rate can attest to this lol).

Could someone educate me on this subject?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Why does everything take so long to load in this?

I've just started the story, does it really need to load in the cutscenes after every short bout. Urgh, just not feeling this edition at all.

The loading is always a bummer, but I think it stands out the most in cinematic story mode because the ratio of loading to combat (and loading to cutscene length) is so skewed. It basically ruins it as a cinematic presentation, regardless of the quality of everything else.

The load times aren't great in vs. mode either, but at least you get several minutes of play between them.

I've heard other people mention this, but could someone explain why Chun should be nerf'ed?

People keep saying she's overpowered and she at the top of most people tier list, but as a person who main's her, I don't see it. She is not an easy character to get good with. (My 36% win rate can attest to this lol).

Could someone educate me on this subject?

Tier lists matter at high level play

stn

For Ryu, just tweak his AA jab and j. lk. That's it. You have to play so perfect with the character to get any mileage, he'll becoming stale and boring if they nerf his damage or anything else.

For Ryu:
- Change hurtbox on j.LK
- Change hitbox on LP
- Increase pushback on MP (so that MP, MP - HP - HK target combo doesn't hit as easily as it does right now)
- Reduce stun on c.MP

that would be it. He'd be totally fair.

For Gief, I honestly think he could use one tool to be significantly better:
- Quick lariat (KKK, lower body and projectile invincible, higher hitbox)

Make it so it's one fast turn as an emergency anti-air and a way out when zoning gets a little crazy.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, definitely. But you can see how Guiles have suddenly leared V-Skill setups, which normals to use and how and when to use V-Trigger and V-Reversal.

Alex buffs I want:

>Make EX Air Knee Smash into an invincible reversal with a ground hitbox a la SFIII (not likely, but I can dream)
>Increase Power Bomb's grab range and startup (no idea why it starts up slower than SPD or Rainbow Typhoon considering its range and strength)
>Improve V-Reversal in some way (either fix the hitbox and startup or change it into DDT)
>Make EX Air Stampede track like in SFIII and give non-EX versions their crossup hitbox back

Theorycrafting is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom