• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks... but it doesn't download there neither... there's no message of (15% percent) or something like that... and I remember that it logged you out when it is downloading.

Weird, server might be fucked atm then, perhaps delete the dlc manifest file in your appdata/local/sf5 folder?

39 error messages in two hours of play. Long waits in between matches.

This game is in trouble if a Super Plat can't find matches. :|

OTOH I did have a lot of fun streaming.

stn

Ehh, why limit the air fireball? Just because in the current balance it seems fine, doesn't mean it wouldn't make Akuma more fun with it. People want to play Akuma with different styles. That's part of the reason why Infil no longer uses Akuma even though he was very excited about the character before release.
Agreed. Its what makes Akuma - Akuma. I have to get my ass kicked to build V-trigger in order to use Akuma the way he should be, IMO. They could easily give him fireball options in regular mode that would not be unbeatable, they're not doing so only because they're afraid people will actually *gasp* play long-range with him. Its not even a matter of him being broken, they just want to discourage people from not rushing down.

Dumbest shit ever. He's not even a jack-of-all-trades anymore until he gets V-trigger. And even then, it disappears so fast.

Super valid points. But we're still missing promised stuff like Extra Battle mode which concerns me.

Yeah, that missing was so weird. But we did get the other content bits, so it's not so bad.

Yeah I'm starting to like everything about kolin, cept her walkspeed, still not use to that.
Catching wakeup srks with counter is one of the best feelings.

They literally have around the same of money in the bank for the past 10 years. Their funds dropped a bit in 2013/2014 because they released nothing of note and that's also around the time people starting thinking capcom was broke because someone said so on gamespot/ign/whatever.

I didn't know that. Good news!

Ehh, why limit the air fireball? Just because in the current balance it seems fine, doesn't mean it wouldn't make Akuma more fun with it. People want to play Akuma with different styles. That's part of the reason why Infil no longer uses Akuma even though he was very excited about the character before release.

Because if Akuma wants to play lame, he's going to need more than just an air fireball. They'd have to change quite a few things, because he's not the same as he is anymore. Like someone said, he's more like Oni now.

Characters change depending on the game, and their movesets change depending on the individual game's systems. While it'd be more fun to give him an air fireball again, if it breaks the game or makes him unfun to fight against, it's self defeating. I'd love to play lame from a distance with Bison with his old fireball, but that doesn't suit him now.

And it's not like you can't play Akuma with different styles. Tokido plays him like a wall, while Sako is overly aggressive and all over the place. You just can't play him like a zoner, and sometimes some characters don't fit the archetype anymore. That isn't to say that they shouldn't look at Akuma's toolset and other toolsets to determine if he should get it back, but having fun with a character takes a lot more than just dumping old moves on them without consideration to the whole.

Edit: I'm not saying you are wrong tbh. I'm just saying adding a move back it not so simple. For V, they should really focus on making the v-stuff more fun and let that be the variable that changes playstyles.

The Chun fix was needed. At max range she could duck under some stuff like Birdie's st hk.

Also means she gets hit by EX Revenger about a frame faster. And a whole bunch of other stuff is easier...

Correct change tbh.

Pretty surprised with how Kolin turned out. Ton of fun! I like how she is geared to somewhat counter offensive play, which is kinda what the game is built around. So if we get more characters like this going forward, that really change the flow of a game even more and more that'll be really exciting.

I don't know how much affect she'll actually have on the game in matchups, but she feels pretty different from most of the characters currently.

SaikyoBro

Ranked is so illegitimate now for so many different reasons, and the "Failed to send match results to server" message becoming insanely common is the nail in the coffin until they get it sorted out. I wish they'd fix everything, reset everyone's points and keep resetting them at the start of each season, they should've done it the moment they implemented a ragequit penalty. I thought the whole point of a "Ranked" mode was to record match results and distribute LP based on them, why is the game suddenly not even capable of doing that (unless the match is a loss, then I still lose my points about half the time)? They're adding and promoting new content as if one of their primary game modes completely collapsing on itself isn't any issue at all.

Edzi

I hope one day they make a documentary about the development of this game so we can see how much of a shit show there must have been behind the scenes.

Mr. X

I just want the errors to go away and load times decreased. I mean more stuff to use FM on would be cool too.

I like the gameplay as is, I don't feel it's stale or simple. If anything, I would like more reach, jump ins have less hitstun so you need to hit deeper and stronger anti jump options. Hopefully new characters remaining aren't rush down (2 already are :|).

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
They're nerfing Alex again which shows they're listening to the community. To think some of you guys were being cynical about the new patch.

Rog got signed by Cygames, along with co-sponsoring Snake Eyez and Daigo.

Didn't he say he didn't want to be apart of a team anymore?

Then he'd stop being Sim.

No reason you can't do something like that with a new/different character though.
or maybe a familiar face
latest

Shadoken

I kept using Urien's St.HP , but some scrub just jumped on me all the time. Floe doesnt know what hes talking about. St.HP is soo bad kappa.

I just finished Kolin's challenges.

It was pretty difficult for me in some spots, especially the dash up links. The biggest challenge is remembering what to do next under pressure. Like learning to read, I have to go over parts of the combo at a time (sound them out) before I try to execute it all at once.

Maybe I should do everyone's challenges. The only other character I have finished so far is Nash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom