• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Urien buffs can't come soon enough.

"We've looked at the data and noticed players had problems comboing out of aegis. This is why we've given aegis reflector its own aegis reflector. Upon activation two smaller mirrors will fly out of the original in either direction while two more will orbit Urien himself a la oroboros. Hopefully this will give players a better chance at utilizing this move".

stn

What would you guys like to see in SFV? Other than the obvious online fixes, of course. My biggest initial gripe was with the roster, but since then it has rounded out nicely. And I'm quite excited for the new characters we're getting, as Kolin has me optimistic. With that said:

1. Fix Ken's face. Like fuck. He's one of the "main" characters in SF lore.

2. Buff Ryu and Akuma's fireballs. I want some damn lame bullshit for any character not named Guile. This especially goes for Akuma, whose low health is not justified this time around. IF NOT THIS, THEN...

3. Introduce a new lame zoning character. Having two legitimate defensive zoners in a roster of 20+ is nothing.

4. Buff every weak character. B tier should be the new D tier. Capcom needs to get people hype to play characters like Alex, not make them feel bad when they have to face the odds in every matchup. As much as I hate the design of Fang, for example, I'd be interested if more people played him.

5. Keep the strong characters strong. I'm fine with Urien, Laura, and Balrog being tops if it means that all the other characters will shift up in the tiers, too. This assumes that #4 is made true first.

6. Minor cosmetic changes. Things like Rashid's dagger on the front of his premium costume just looks weird. Oh, and it clips. Make the dagger smaller? Put it on his back? Put it on his side? I don't get why Capcom makes some costumes look so "busy" sometimes.

Thoughts?

Neoxon

I won't be able to really dive into Kolin until Friday (school & whatnot), but the idea of having a new physical release titled "Street Fighter V: Rise of the Illuminati" (that's basically a physical version of the Deluxe Edition) may not be far off based on what we're seeing people do with Kolin & how good Urien is right now.

What would you guys like to see in SFV? Other than the obvious online fixes, of course. My biggest initial gripe was with the roster, but since then it has rounded out nicely. And I'm quite excited for the new characters we're getting, as Kolin has me optimistic. With that said:

Ken's face is a meme now. Immortalized in our minds. Will never be fixed.

2. Buff Ryu and Akuma's fireballs. I want some damn lame bullshit for any character not named Guile. This especially goes for Akuma, whose low health is not justified this time around. IF NOT THIS, THEN..

Akuma's fireballs are fine. Massive stun the closer people get. Maybe rework the concept of his airfireball? But not too fussed. Ryu definitely needs help though. His zoning should be a lot better.

3. Introduce a new lame zoning character. Having two legitimate defensive zoners in a roster of 20+ is nothing.

This is true. While I like Kolin being a counter character I was hoping to see more straight up zoning.

4. Buff every weak character. B tier should be the new D tier. Capcom needs to get people hype to play characters like Alex, not make them feel bad when they have to face the odds in every matchup. As much as I hate the design of Fang, for example, I'd be interested if more people played him.

They really only need to buff Ryu, Alex, FANG, and Vega. Maybe give Nash some more movement to compensate for his nerfs or something but he's still strong. Those buffs don't even have to be massive for any of those characters, either. They just need tools so they don't have to work nearly as hard as they are right now.
5. Keep the strong characters strong. I'm fine with Urien, Laura, and Balrog being tops if it means that all the other characters will shift up in the tiers, too. This assumes that #4 is made true first.

I mostly agree with this, but I think they should work harder to get their shit started. Rog for example probably could scale back on his damage, Urien needs to work harder for his AR setups so they aren't blowups, etc.

6. Minor cosmetic changes. Things like Rashid's dagger on the front of his premium costume just looks weird. Oh, and it clips. Make the dagger smaller? Put it on his back? Put it on his side? I don't get why Capcom makes some costumes look so "busy" sometimes.

Definitely agree. Also, can we get more nostalgic costumes and crossovers please? Thanks Capcom.

In terms of patching, they really don't have to do that much. It's all normalization, in addition to buffing v-reversals back to the way they were. A lot of people will scream bloody murder that Urien didn't get his arms removed, but shit will even out so long as defensive options get put back in better play and all characters can just do work. The one thing I liked about S1 was that it was about who could go ham on offense AND defense, and right now it's far more of the former, and it's probably not as fun for people not being able to get their own shit started as opposed to characters like Urien and Rog who get it started off of anything and are hard to counter.

But that being said, I'm afraid they'll cave on things like the DP change and the white life, the latter of which could use some adjustments but it's largely making much of the cast viable. The former is especially making the cast viable and could be tweaked a bit, but needs to stay.

I won't be able to really dive into Kolin until Friday (school & whatnot), but the idea of having a new physical release titled "Street Fighter V: Rise of the Illuminati" (that's basically a physical version of the Deluxe Edition) may not be far off based on what we're seeing people do with Kolin & how good Urien is right now.

Someone said retailers aren't stocking the SKU anymore so we might be getting a fresh new one, either a repackage or what have you.

On Kolin, she's a really smart character for this game. Counters are great, and it stops unga bunga shit while still requiring the person to put in work. I faced a decent one a few minutes ago and I couldn't just throw out fierce with Rog all day.

Ryce

I've noticed that Capcom never uses the word Illuminati within the actual Street Fighter games, so I'm not sure if it's canonical or not. Capcom USA has no problem referring to Gill's organization as the Illuminati in blog posts and such, but it's always just "secret society" in-game.

Skilletor

2. Buff Ryu and Akuma's fireballs. I want some damn lame bullshit for any character not named Guile. This especially goes for Akuma, whose low health is not justified this time around. IF NOT THIS, THEN...

Thoughts?

1. Make normals great again
2. Manual command for CC the way Sabaki's work in VF or auto-guard attacks in SC
3. New ways to spend meter, maybe a crumple state move, or "even ex'ier" specials that have benefits for more combo opportunities and/or corner carries/hard knockdowns
4. Revamp the knockdown system to be more like 3s. Right now this game has too many situations that repeat themselves and it's all because of how knockdowns work and stubby normals. This one combined with number 1 would make the neutral a lot better.
5. Make everybody's vskill as good as Guile's for that character's game plan.
6. Multiple vtriggers.

Village

Things in want for V

Cody

Get different modellers to redo kens ans face, i've given up on hair, they seem to have decided they are just going to make subsequent costumes have better hair, instead of fixing the main hair, a good example being cammy.

Hugo

Online training mode

C Viper

More costumes for male and villainous character

Better netcode

Sagat

Things I want in SFV:

1. Removal of all throw loops.
2. All Crush Counters made to have an 8f startup minimum, CC only occurs on the first active frame (like with Guile and Balrog's c.HP CCs).
3. Range increased on normals across the board.
4. Ryu, Dhalsim, and FANG tweaked to have proper zoning capabilities. (Faster recovery on Ryu and FANG's projectiles, especially)
5. Input lag further reduced.
6. A new retail SKU with a UI refresh, Arcade Mode, some kind of World Tour mode equivalent, and quality of life changes like reduced load times and Training settings saved. Also Sagat. Free update for existing users.

Pompadour

Thoughts?

Aside from the clipping issues, weird faces, server issues, netcode issues, etc.

1. More Street Fighter 3 characters, particularly any that haven't been in a 3D SF yet + Dudley (as Dudley is the best SF character).

2. More uses for meter. I'll just quote a reddit comment I made already about this:

I do want more uses of meter in this game. Here's a few ideas I had:

All V-Triggers are three stocks now and are install/power ups. V-Triggers that are single moves become ...

V-Art, a single move designed to give the character utility they don't have elsewhere. V-Triggers like Nash's, Vega's, and Mika's would fall under this two stock move and would gain all new V-Triggers.

V-Trigger activation on hit or block halves the bar, incentivizing players to do VTs raw instead of just using it to continue block pressure or a combo.

V-Triggers don't automatically generate an attack in cases like Urien or Ibuki. Every character can use the VT as a Roman Cancel if they want (and lose V-Meter for it). If you want to throw more bombs or Aegis Reflectors, do the activation raw.

There will be a 2 stock super meter move similar to Xrd and BlazBlue's Blitz Attack. Effectively, it'll be a Red Focus Attack that 1) you can't dash cancel and 2) does some sort of combo follow up state (launch, wall bounce, etc) on any hit. If charged it will guard break. As the move cancels out of normals like specials, it can be used as a combo extender. As it has hyper armor (as in infinite super armor) on frame 1 it acts as an expensive reversal. Otherwise, it's unsafe on block so it's not the automatic best decision if you have the meter. Plus, as CAs ignore armor in SFV they can be baited and punished.

The idea is that since a portion of the cast lacks combo versatility and another portion lacks reversals, both are in one move that costs 2/3rds a bar. Good reversal characters would still exist as they'd be free (a la S1). Everyone would have the tools, others just have to pay more to access them.

3. Rework V-Skills. I think the V-Trigger system is great but some characters have completely garbage V-Skills. V-Skills fall into a few different categories in this game.

- Integral to a character's gameplan (Guile, Balrog, Ken).
- Easy to execute in order to build V-Gauge (Karin, Nash, Bison)
- Extremely specific in its usage (Alex)
- 2nd taunt (Mika)

V-Skills need to be more like they are for Balrog, Guile, and Ken. I accept not every move can be great but V-Skills should signal to a player how they should play the character, not something they can do to get V-Trigger faster.

4. Add character based challenges. I feel like this was in the game pre-launch and now it's on the back burner with all the other server stuff. So basically this would be things like "Land 10 Shoryukens with Ryu. Reward: 100 XP" but for a hundred different situations per character. They'd have levels that would yield more XP which in turn raises your character level which gives you more FM.

5. Make Character Level more important. It's utterly bizarre you have to get to Level 50 to earn the option to pay FM for a 15th color. Essentially, SFV needs a Smash Bros. approach where unlockables have various unlock methods. Character colors should be unlockable by leveling up the character OR beating Survival OR skipping the grind and paying FM. It shouldn't be a combination of these things.

6. More bullshit content. Honestly, each character costume needs like 30 colors. I can't imagine they are that hard to create. That and titles and whatever knick knacks should be the low development cost stuff the game should be stuffed with to incentivize people blowing their FM.

7. Separate LP per character. Incentivize playing new characters.

8. Turn Battle Lounges into ASW lobbies and combine them Casual Matches. Right now platers are separated into three categories: Ranked, Casual, Battle Lounge. Casual Match settings should be changed so that it drops you into an existing Lounge based on your desired search parameters. So if you don't want to wait in line to play you can choose a 2 person Lounge with 1 free spot. Ideally this would make match finding quicker.

9. Just steal Living Towers from MKX. Boom, single player content done.

10. Option to auto-upload Ranked Matches to YouTube, preferably when the PS4 is on rest mode. No trimming clips or anything.

11. These are increasingly getting pie-in-the-sky so some kind of Trial Creator mode? Basically, record a Trial that players can download and attempt to complete. Popular trials give the author FM. They can be ranked and tagged based on type of combo (BnB, CC combo, Desk-level styling, etc.) Continually updating trials is a lot of work so turning that over to players will allow players to have the most current, optimized combos for their characters.

I'd like if all tutorial stuff could be player created but that seems very difficult.

12. Let players make cosmetic content to be approved and used in game, a la Team Fortress

13. Accessories for costumes. Not Tekken or VF goofy shit you can glue to your fighter, just variants of gloves, shoes, hairstyles, and hats that add customization while maintaining the general look of a costume. Hot Ryu shouldn't be his own costume, he should be regular Ryu with a beard and his shirt removed. And if you wanted, you could give him red hair and shoes a la SF1.

Accessories would match the color scheme chosen for the costume. After SFxT I'm absolutely against letting players choose their colors.

14. I don't know, more Stage KOs?

15. Character match up specific intros and dialogue. They had this in SF4 Rival Matches but it should be there all the time. It bugs me they spend resource for story mode BS that is only used in story mode.

16. Sneak in more old moves like EX SRK being Shin Shoryuken. Make HP SRK for Ken Shoryureppa and EX SRK Shinryuken. Add some 3S style slight zoom-ins when damaging EX moves land. If EX moves are the old games supers, give them a little more flash so they stand out. The camera cuts can remain with CAs.

Baleoce

So Kolin's story has one fight, and the story in general is pretty damn short. It's the first character to just get one fight in their story mode I think.

Ferrio

Banned
So Kolin's story has one fight, and the story in general is pretty damn short. It's the first character to just get one fight in their story mode I think.

I thought the game bugged out when it ended after one fight since it lists 3 sections to the story.

Baleoce

Holy crap though, I never bought the Christmas stage, but if I'd known this is what the music was I'd have snapped it up straight away..

Especially the Round 2 music (I can only assume)

This is amazing stuff. I would love more of this.

EDIT - Seriously, round two of that is the best track I've heard in this game. They're both insanely good. Even regardless of the game it stands on its own as an amazing couple of pieces of Jazz.

myco666

Oh man the server errors. Just played 5 sets with allintospace and almost all of them had issues to get the data and it actually couldn't even send it all. Didn't know it was this bad. Fun to play still but Capcom please fix this.

Anyone want to play a few sets?

Silver Birdie, UK region, CFN: allintospace

Good games!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sabin&#8207 said:
@nycfurby
Been seeing SF5 videos since the Kolin patch and theres a bug in which chars revert to S1 versions still...
Source
Capcom pls

Baleoce

Fights or chapters? Kolin has like three chapters and one fight, IIRC. I believe others work the same way.

I've just been referring to fights specifically. Check the list and you can see they say "Fight vs <Whoever>" on it. She is the only one with 1 fight. And even aside from that, her chapter is very short.

Oh man the server errors. Just played 5 sets with allintospace and almost all of them had issues to get the data and it actually couldn't even send it all. Didn't know it was this bad. Fun to play still but Capcom please fix this.

Good games!

Yeah, I got the same errors after every match. Replay data failure (whatever it's called) has never been this bad before. =/

Good games though. Should have seen my face when I saw you were a Gold Birdie. Prepared myself for a world of hurt.

myco666

Yeah, I got the same errors after every match. Replay data failure (whatever it's called) has never been this bad before. =/

Good games though. Should have seen my face when I saw you were a Gold Birdie. Prepared myself for a world of hurt.

Haha I don't know if I would be gold if I used Birdie in ranked though lol. You put up a good fight and I think you have decent Birdie going on. Gonna steal some stuff you did.

Hit me up if you want to play again or want some tips.

mbpm1

Counters are two frames eh

would be good for kolin players to get some in gaps which normally are safe in this game

FAT's been updated with Kolin data and a quick frame data feature. Details from the dev are on r/SF.

The coding on the website is all kinds of garbage, what the fuck do I have to delete in chrome to get kolin to show up in the selection list?
I know she's there because it works in inprivate, but I've deleted everything about the site (local/session cache, cookies, basically everything in dev mode applications and content settings...)

I think I had the same problem when akuma was just released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom