• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The patch brought some people back and the servers were like

KBNcZ.gif

Village

Ucchedavāda;231353476 said:

Save Street Fighter 5

Y̶̸̢̧̼̞̹͖͍̹͎̱̦̜̥͍̩̯̱̟ͤͬͮ̾ͩ̿͑̌ͨ̑ͨ̍͘Ǫ͙̪̪͔̘͙͉̲̞͍̫͚̟͔̤̈́̾̽̅ͬ͛ͤͯ͐̑͆ͣ̾̋́́́͘ͅŪ̵̼̠͇̮̲͓͓̋͒̔̈́͐̉ͧͯ̽̏̔̔ͤͣͫ͆ͥ̋́̕͞ ̌̾̊̆̀ͣͭͬ̌̚̚͟͝҉͚̠̗́C̶̺̝̮̟͇͙̦̺̼̙͔͔̳̤̫̯͕̓ͭ͗ͦͣ͑̓̎ͣͮ̔̓̇́̍̏̋A̛͈̳͕̫̤̮̰̿ͪ̍ͩ̓͒̄̏͛̌͜͡͠N̎̔̈́̈́͊̄̌ͦ͏̶̧̫̳̞̲̙̩̤̤͈͓͟T̛ͦͫ̆̍ͫͦͮͧ̃ͮͭ͟͠҉̫̖̩̭̪͔̥̭͖͓͈͍̱͍̠̝̦̤͞

Good job

So did the patch do anything negative to online? Heard some people saying that matches have been funky since the patch, but I haven't played in awhile so I don't know whether that's true or not.

It's probably just because the servers are overloaded.
Kolin was just distributed as an in-game update, and the game itself was not changed in this patch. The last change to the actual SFV executable was when Akuma dropped.

So did the patch do anything negative to online? Heard some people saying that matches have been funky since the patch, but I haven't played in awhile so I don't know whether that's true or not.
I searched '5 only' today and most matches had issues with lag, really annoying.

FluxWaveZ

Nah, sorry. You should add me on CFN. Whenever you see me online send an invite. Assuming that feature still works

You are part of my favorites, actually. I sent the invite when you were at the "Menu," but I wasn't sure if you were finished playing or what.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Italy must have the worst internet in the world. They lag every single time. I'm having better connections to the US from continental Europe.

Honestly I'm on a twenty win streak with Urien and I don't want to stop this ride even though I want to lie to myself and pretend that playing like a nut will get me anywhere against people who are decent.

FluxWaveZ

Honestly I'm on a twenty win streak with Urien and I don't want to stop this ride even though I want to lie to myself and pretend that playing like a nut will get me anywhere against people who are decent.

The problem is that people can get blown up even at higher levels by Uriens who play like crazy.

Bated breath over here, waiting to see what they do. If Urien and Laura don't get notably nerfed in an upcoming patch, I want the vast majority of the roster who aren't the current kings to get buffed significantly.

It actually is pretty much the S1 Mika problem: characters who can get success by turning off their thinking, just doing stuff, and getting rewarded for it. With Mika getting pretty messed up because of this very issue and losing most of her "brainless" tools, it's made me more invested in seeing how they handle it moving forward.

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with Kolin, but I'm having fun and somehow winning. Lots of rage quitting right now though.

The counters are just too fun. Blowing up these folk that just love pressing buttons, especially Mika.

FluxWaveZ

I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing with Kolin, but I'm having fun and somehow winning. Lots of rage quitting right now though.

The counters are just too fun. Blowing up these folk that just love pressing buttons, especially Mika.

Haven't encountered any Mikas with Kolin yet, but countering the drop kick feels nice; as satisfying as any other. What confuses me a bit is how you need to respond to certain attacks. Like, the drop kick needs to be countered high, Rashid's Eagle Spike as well and also Cammy's V-Reversal. But Rashid's f.HK needs to be medium countered, and so do all of the other overheads. So even if it's an attack that crushes lows, it doesn't necessarily need to be high countered.

MCD250

Oh, I guess that's true.

Watching ChrisG playing Kolin. I like how when you do the costume code on her nostalgia costume she loses her jacket but gains glssses.

FluxWaveZ

anyone wanna play a few quick games

Cfn 765production

I can play a FT5. I'll invite you in a minute.

Edit: GGs. I'm getting a handle on the Kolin mirror MU after having played so many, but it gets weird when I actually have to play against other characters. I don't think I had the chance to pull off a single AA counter in this set. Kolin players are gonna have to get used to empty jumps.

Producer

Edit: GGs. I'm getting a handle on the Kolin mirror MU after having played so many, but it gets weird when I actually have to play against other characters. I don't think I had the chance to pull off a single AA counter in this set. Kolin players are gonna have to get used to empty jumps.

i already hate the kolin mirror lol. It can get awkward. Like alot of times i can seem to punish the hands

FluxWaveZ

i already hate the kolin mirror lol. It can get awkward. Like alot of times i can seem to punish the hands

"can't seem," right? Yeah, it messes me up when Kolin is just out of range after hands, but I think I can do the standard cr.LP/st.LP > hands punish but it doesn't actually work and now I'm -4 in their face. Watching ChrisG's stream right now, he actually uses it a LOT when he's just out of range. I think it's actually a thing we need to do more. Technically -4, but still safe. It's why we can do stuff, like, a just out of range hands and then medium/low counter when they think they can punish.

I need to be using her st.LP > st.MP > st.HP TC more than I am. It's fairly easy to confirm it from cr.LP and it's significantly damaging, but I think Mika habits make me always just press another cr.LP or special cancel after the st.LP.

st.LK is like a measuring stick for a max range LP Parabellum which is safe. I'm starting to use it quite a bit, especially because of how it apparently shifts her hurtbox.

I feel like I should be using her medium Vanity Step more, but you always interrupt it when I try it out, so I then just do LK Vanity Step fake-outs. It's quick, but it's easy to stuff out because of how she advances. Maybe it's more effective as a cancel, rather than just throwing it out at neutral.

Screw it, next time I play, I'm going on Ranked. I'll lose a bunch of my points and whatever, but it's good to get that experience against people playing seriously with their mains.

Haven't encountered any Mikas with Kolin yet, but countering the drop kick feels nice; as satisfying as any other. What confuses me a bit is how you need to respond to certain attacks. Like, the drop kick needs to be countered high, Rashid's Eagle Spike as well and also Cammy's V-Reversal. But Rashid's f.HK needs to be medium countered, and so do all of the other overheads. So even if it's an attack that crushes lows, it doesn't necessarily need to be high countered.
That's surprising about Mika's dropkick. Didn't know that since it's so ingrained in my head to just jab her, that's still what I'm doing. All these j.lk and body splashes however...

What's funny is that I've barely played any Kolin mirrors, only 3 I think. I keep hoping I'll run in to some so I can see some shit I can add to my repertoire. As of now I'm just making up things as I go.

FluxWaveZ

What's funny is that I've barely played any Kolin mirrors, only 3 I think. I keep hoping I'll run in to some so I can see some shit I can add to my repertoire. As of now I'm just making up things as I go.

That's surprising. I've mainly stuck to Casual since Kolin was released, but it's pretty much been 95% Kolin mirrors in the probably ~125 matches I've played. Same for all the Battle Lounges I've had against other people who are playing Kolin right now.

We're about at the period where people who were just casually experimenting with her should start dropping her, though.

Producer

"can't seem," right? Yeah, it messes me up when Kolin is just out of range after hands, but I think I can do the standard cr.LP/st.LP > hands punish but it doesn't actually work and now I'm -4 in their face. Watching ChrisG's stream right now, he actually uses it a LOT when he's just out of range. I think it's actually a thing we need to do more. Technically -4, but still safe. It's why we can do stuff, like, a just out of range hands and then medium/low counter when they think they can punish.

I need to be using her st.LP > st.MP > st.HP TC more than I am. It's fairly easy to confirm it from cr.LP and it's significantly damaging, but I think Mika habits make me always just press another cr.LP or special cancel after the st.LP.

st.LK is like a measuring stick for a max range LP Parabellum which is safe. I'm starting to use it quite a bit, especially because of how it apparently shifts her hurtbox.

I feel like I should be using her medium Vanity Step more, but you always interrupt it when I try it out, so I then just do LK Vanity Step fake-outs. It's quick, but it's easy to stuff out because of how she advances. Maybe it's more effective as a cancel, rather than just throwing it out at neutral.

Screw it, next time I play, I'm going on Ranked. I'll lose a bunch of my points and whatever, but it's good to get that experience against people playing seriously with their mains.

Hah yeah, typo. I should probably be watching pros play her since i havent seen a stream yet and only a few twitter tech posts. It seems its gonna be alot of work even just figuring out what counters can be used for certain moves, like overheads, airborne normals etc. I havent tested any of that yet.

I managed to find a random battle lounge last night with fairly good connections, which is rare. Had 5 players in when I got my first match and stayed on top for 5 or 6 games, then I let someone else take over. People were coming and going throughout but by that point many had left, leaving 3 including me. I dunno if I unwittingly crashed a party or people just don't like fighting (my) Birdie. Either way is was a bummer.

I want a region select to aid searches so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom