• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

myco666

Ahh it is coming back to me. Was really rusty couple of days ago. Now I am just ass.

Or press one button, let them whiff counter and punish.

That is taking a risk of getting hit by it. If they spam it they will do it eventually anyways so rather not press anything and punish it on block/whiff.

mbpm1

They initially planned more realistic looks for SFV
C58-KMmU8AAn4Y9.jpg:large

But it didn't work out in terms of visuals

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I kinda like the face of zombie-demon Bison. But in general that's not for me. I could totally see that having more mass appeal, though.

Village

It is when you're trying to maintain your branding and individuality.

Eh I don't think it would be bad, it would be a new aesthetic for street fighter to venture into , and that would differentiate itself enough. There are bunches and bunches of games that are cell shaded but no confuses those games, the idea that games can't do different takes on shared art styles or are at risk at loosing individuality is one that seems silly to me.

This isn't to say i don't life SFV's art style, i'll defend the shit out of its great. This however would have been something genuinely visually different for street fighter as a franchise and I would like to see that.

I have believe in capcoms visual design staff enough to be able to differentiate themselves enough to pull something like that off. I feel like they have made some of the most memorable characters in all of video games, I would like to say their fighting game take on something like that.

But hey , we got this, and there are worse looking fighting games. Though kens face is still.... eeeeh

FluxWaveZ

Heh, lost approximately 1.5k LP in one fell swoop by taking Kolin in Ranked. She takes some real effort to win with. You need to know a lot of specific setups and mixups to do well with her.

My CPU is butt, so it struggles to run at 60FPS on a FX4300 R9 290. What sucks is that it actually runs worse if I don't blast the graphics. Weird thing is, I didn't have this issue before, even when I turn the graphics down, when I was playing the beta. Even the training stage is garbo.

Ok i also have an alienware alpha with basically that in it. Its runs 1080 / 60 mixed low and medium settings.

Maybe something else is causing issues?

Edit:
My laptop has an i7 plus 16 gig ram and alpha has i5 plus 8 gig ram.

If you cpu is decent and you got 8 gig ram im not sure whats up. Over heating maybe?

Yeah, that's just way too close to Tekken. I like the action figure designs.

I prefer the action figure look, but they messed up on a few characters and stages which spoiled the direction. After the e3 reveal I thought the direction had so much potential it's hard not to be disappointed.

Mr. X

Ok i also have an alienware alpha with basically that in it. Its runs 1080 / 60 mixed low and medium settings.

Maybe something else is causing issues?

Edit:
My laptop has an i7 plus 16 gig ram and alpha has i5 plus 8 gig ram.

If you cpu is decent and you got 8 gig ram im not sure whats up. Over heating maybe?

No idea why. I know it shouldn't dip on certain stages or sometimes during supers/VT freeze, win poses and Birdie's intro. Winter City is unplayable.

Windows 10
RAM 16GB
CPU i7 4710HQ 2.5GH

Current in game settings
AA Low
Full screen
FX Low
Shadow Low
Post Processing Low
Res 1920x1080
Res Scaling 100
Texture Med

FluxWaveZ

Kolin is sooo fucking good.

Hard to tell if that's true right now. She relies a lot on hard reads and trickery based on those. She's the total opposite of being able to go ham and press buttons all over the place like a Balrog, Necalli or Urien. She needs very good awareness of the opponent's habits, and being able to punish them for it with very specific tools and setups for those specific habits.

It'll take an analytical player to excel with her.

kirblar

I like how ending with a Kolin fireball is a way to dissuade options- light discourages buttons/forward dashes, medium punishes quick rise, hard punishes backdashes.

Hard to tell if that's true right now. She relies a lot on hard reads and trickery based on those. She's the total opposite of being able to go ham and press buttons all over the place like a Balrog, Necalli or Urien. She needs very good awareness of the opponent's habits, and being able to punish them for it with very specific tools and setups for those specific habits.

Xian pleaseeeeee.

Producer

thats pretty much how i feel about her haha. I like her alot though, probably the only character aside from my main that i enjoy playing. I think just from the tools she has and her good stats that she'll always be a sort of wildcard at least, if not in the top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom