• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Should we be expecting significant news/announcements/character reveal at the end of the tourney? I can't remember if Capcom have said anything about that.

Neoxon

Should we be expecting significant news/announcements/character reveal at the end of the tourney? I can't remember if Capcom have said anything about that.
We're due for a balance update & a CFN update this month, but I wouldn't expect Capcom to go into those details at Final Round. Maybe they'll mention that the updates are coming after Grand Finals.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
We're due for a balance update & a CFN update this month, but I wouldn't expect Capcom to go into those details at Final Round. Maybe they'll mention that the updates are coming after Grand Finals.
I thought the CFN update was scheduled for "Spring" or something vague like that. Am I misremembering?

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, that's what I thought. I wouldn't be surprised if their emergency balance patch was actually released this month, but all they said is that they'd talk about it in early March. I'd at least expect them to talk about it before the end of next week but, based on SFV's history, I wouldn't expect anything at the end of this FR event.

mbpm1

Well the other person did a raw super and won. The pictures from that arcade were horrible.
Correction: The person who *did* the super is the one who stabbed the other guy

Therefore proving that people who do raw supers are psychopaths

like me

Femto.

Holy crap the Pro gets really loud when you are using Boost Mode and in the menu screen between matches (accept the rematch/go back to previous mode). Never noticed it last night until now.

myco666

like me

The story I read went that the guy who got hit by raw super started threatening with a knife first 'jokingly' or something. Then the other person started poking with a chair to defend himself and then the other guy stabbed the one who did the raw super.

Shadoken

It's only the 10th so yeah. I'd expect an announcement next week honestly.

Wait didn't they say we would get the patch by early march? or were they just going to announce it during early march.

It needs to drop next Tuesday at worst to count as "Early" march by any stretch.

FluxWaveZ

Wait didn't they say we would get the patch by early march? or were they just going to announce it during early march.

It needs to drop next Tuesday at worst to count as "Early" march by any stretch.

Again, as said a few posts before this one, all they said is that they would talk about an update. Nothing about any patch releasing this month.

I thought the CFN update was scheduled for "Spring" or something vague like that. Am I misremembering?

Capcom did make some noise about working on improving CFN back when Akuma dropped, but I don't recall them giving an actual time-line.

like me

Man, I haven't done a raw super in ages. Nor wake-up supers.
I should do that more, instead of just being on the receiving end.

And stab people if the super doesn't work.

Shadoken

Again, as said a few posts before this one, all they said is that they would talk about an update. Nothing about any patch releasing this month.

Wow thats messed up , so we could likely have even more events being played with a different version of the game. What a mess.

Same shit happened last year when it took fking 6 months to remove the input lag from PS4 sticks.

FluxWaveZ

Ucchedavāda;231846500 said:
Capcom did make some noise about working on improving CFN back when Akuma dropped, but I don't recall them giving an actual time-line.

We’re also happy to announce that the team has been hard at work for several months to improve the network quality of CFN. We can’t share all of the details quite yet, but we are anticipating an update this Spring. We have more news to share on this in the coming months.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...balance-changelist-fixes-and-cfn-improvements

Wow thats messed up , so we could likely have even more events being played with a different version of the game. What a mess.

Same shit happened last year when it took fking 6 months to remove the input lag from PS4 sticks.

This is what people wanted. And for balance to be properly sussed out, I'd rather they explore every avenue and not rush it so long as it doesn't go for months on end.

Shadoken

"At this time, we can confirm additional changes are in the works to bring characters in-line with how we envision them to perform. We can't share all of the details quite yet, but we are anticipating an announcement early March."
Damn you are right. It was just a fking announcement of an announcement. "Spring" is so damn vague , we might not get this update for months.

I couldn't see them going into e-League without the patch though. I could see an announcement next week, maybe release the patch after that on the 21st, and then have people prepared for the next events by the 27th's e-League run.

Shadoken

I couldn't see them going into e-League without the patch though. I could see an announcement next week, maybe release the patch after that on the 21st, and then have people prepared for the next events by the 27th's e-League run.

We might not even get an announcement next week , since they are just "Anticipating" one for early march.

Edzi

I really want the western top tiers (Laura, Urien, and Rog) to knock out a ton of Japanese players. Let them know the cheapness.

I guess these banned stages will forever be banned,

Capcom could take 5 minutes out of the day to fix them to be tournament legal, but nah, it's better to just ban your paid content so that potential buyers can't see it on stream. Good guy Capcom just looking out for people's wallets.

Shadoken

Capcom could take 5 minutes out of the day to fix them to be tournament legal, but nah, it's better to just ban your paid content so that potential buyers can't see it on stream. Good guy Capcom just looking out for people's wallets.

5 minutes? Brah pls in Capcom time thats like 5 months.

Daigo please.

Go aggressive.

Edit: There was some new music that just played on stream. Before this current Laura theme. What was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom