• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

I seriously hate fighting against Guile and Rog.

Especially Guile.

Apparently Cammy has advantage over him? I can't get in for shit.

Femto.

I reached Gold in ranked!

Starting off last year when this game came out I didn't even think of reaching Gold, let alone Silver. I serious leveled up by starting to go to locals last September, man this fucking feels awesome.

Now to maintain it lol. It's 4 am, told myself I wouldn't go to sleep until I reached it.

Thanks Cammy
1ac04db4cd499fb126cb2f5ab9767ea2.gif

I reached Gold in ranked!

Starting off last year when this game came out I didn't even think of reaching Gold, let alone Silver. I serious leveled up by starting to go to locals last September, man this fucking feels awesome.

Now to maintain it lol. It's 4 am, told myself I wouldn't go to sleep until I reached it.

Thanks Cammy

Congratulations on reaching that milestone!

At my friends house for the weekend, holyshit the joy is way to loose, how the fuck can he play that?I am dropping everything, can't do a simple double fireball motion to save my life hahahaha, once you adjust to your own arcade stick it's really hard using another one...

Kashiwaba

How are there more advanced things in sf4's online than in 5

actually how, this game makes me actively upset

A lot of things don't make any sense in this game, i reached the point where nothing surprise me anymore lol i can expect anything from capcom now.

A lot of things don't make any sense in this game, i reached the point where nothing surprise me anymore lol i can expect anything from capcom now.

CAPCOM UNITY said:
Hello everyone to another Capcom Unity update!

We're excited to announce that we're bring back a fan-favourite of Street Fighter 5!

Yes, that's right. The ROOTKIT is making a comeback. But we've also made a few improvements as well! We've included a nifty memory leak feature, to keep that expensive ram from being too available! ROOTKIT fans can also expect obscenities written in the source code. (Both variable declarations AND comments!!)

The ROOTKIT is a free add-on, independent of the Season 3 Character pass.

The season 3 character pass includes 6 returning characters!! Stay tuned for more info, as we won't actually announce which characters you payed for until a day before their release!

I feel like Capcom is going to overlook in some of the pressure Laura's C.Throw knockdown. If you quick rise, she get's a meaty shoulder + OB, if you don't quick rise she can still do shoulder, dash forward and do a meaty St.MP.

Meanwhile Birdie's Light Chain was nerfed because he could meaty overhead off it.

SF5 online is overall WAY better than SF4.

Rematch option alone bodies SF4.

in SF4 I can limit regions filtering out everyone from South America

I can see who is my opponent and their connection and avoid FM farmers and lag switchers with the Bars actually represent the player's connection.

I can actually react and see what my opponent is doing instead of dealing with the shotty netcode V has

Ucchedavāda;231874108 said:
The lounges themselves are largely better in V, but the lack of filtering and broken flags / connection indicators make actually finding a lobby a total crapshoot.
That's true. I simply avoid the feature altogether because the lobby listing is so shoddy.

Sayad

F3GlAnI.png

Design Team: And her cr.MK will be an uncancelable low profile poke with n...
Balance Team: Nope!

Pretty sure this game has the worst hurt boxes in any fighting game I played, can't think of any other fighter with SFV level of homogenized normals. Even command normals with airborne property only get that very late into the animation and not for long, really shows how stingy SFV is with special properties on normals.

Everything is surrounded with a big fat square hurt box, not surprising that the character which normals hit/hurtboxes matches his animation the most ends up being the most fun in the game, and also the most broken because he's basically fighting crippled characters.

Mr. X

F3GlAnI.png

Pretty sure this game has the worst hurt boxes in any fighting game I played, can't think of any other fighter with SFV level of homogenized normals. Even command normals with airborne property only get that very late into the animation and not for long, really shows how stingy SFV is with special properties on normals.

Everything is surrounded with a big fat square hurt box, not surprising that the character which normals hit/hurtboxes matches his animation the most ends up being the most fun in the game, and also the most broken because he's basically fighting crippled characters.
Probably because of people like me who were trying to use it to m vanity crmk under fireballs. It dodges Mika drop kick and EX headbutt though.

FluxWaveZ

Only by SFV standards, that hurt box is just a tiny bit shorter than her regular crouch animation.

I see. Well, it does stuff like easily low profiling Urien's EX Dangerous Headbutt, and also Mika's drop kick, so it works for some situations that need it. It's +1, too.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;231874108 said:
The lounges themselves are largely better in V, but the lack of filtering and broken flags / connection indicators make actually finding a lobby a total crapshoot.

Yes. Forgot about the awful lobbies. The netcode is fine with people with good (i.e not Mcdonalds) connections but we need to be able to find them with filtering via region and rank.

F3GlAnI.png

Look at Juri's in SF4.

Village

I'm not sure about that. SFIV netcode was pure ass. SFV has server errors but the netcode is fine and actually playable on good connections.

That animation ❤️

I am. You know what I can do in sf4, see the name of the person i'm fighting before I frigging fight them. That is way more valuable tool than you realize for tracking ass connections, toxic people, people using smurfs or people win or loose you just don't feel like battling again in the same session

SF5 online is overall WAY better than SF4.

Rematch option alone bodies SF4.

Eh, I can see who i'm going to fight in sf4, and I value that ,a lot

SF5's online has a better matches once you're playing, but SF4 had a better online setup. SF5's lounges are a tragedy.

Fucking this!

Also its more of a travesty because skullgirls exists

For all those who havent played skullgirls or onlines like it, if you all are in a lounge, different people an just... play each other. Instead of waiting in that dumbass rotation other fighting games have already gotten past

Hell yeah. And every now and then it all comes together and it feels great. Definitely having fun with the Ice Queen.

Maybe it's because I'm high off of Daigo's book, but I like his focus on fun. I sometimes forget that it's all for fun and just a damn game. I improve a lot faster because I'll play longer and not drown in salt.

That Chun gave Rog trouble. Almmossst just had it too on the final round.

MrCarter

Art about to get sponsored

And get his character nerfed.

Edit Both the facebook and twitter links don't work. I wanted to claim my shit :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom