• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. X

Maybe there's a culture barrier, but here in USA, doing good things doesn't make it fine to be an asshole and make you feel uncomfortable = unsafe.

MrCarter

No, in the USA it seems like being the biggest racist, homophobic and sexist shit on earth makes you the president. Of course it's not like this in the U.K. and it's ridiculous to even suggest that based on a few peoples opinions. I'm completely against what he said but I also think it's being blown out of proportion.

Skilletor

Gonna put it out there and say that unless a commentator / personality / player straight up harrasses someone on camera then they're not going away any time soon regardless of what people think of them.

I realize that. Just shows the FGC still has a lot of growing up to do.

I was finally able to beat this Brazilian player. All this guy does is V-Skill overhead every time he's in V-Trigger
giphy.gif

I feel like the more I rank higher, the more lag I see. Out of all the people I remember that had solid connection was Chris G and Dieminion. It's like some people want to show how high they are ranked just to get bodied in offline event.

I'd imagine he might whip out FANG for some matchups where he feels more comfortable.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Ibuki is his go-to.

To be fair, FANG's more viable now than he was in Season 1. A lot of his bad matchups got nerfs (with the exception of everyone's favourite stuttering basketball player) and he himself got some much needed buffs. If you're good at cracking open people's defenses, then you can do definitely do work with him.

FluxWaveZ

So a little less than before? He used Mika a bunch of times at FR, even taking out Smug with her.

Xian is going to focus on Ibuki or some other top tier if he decides to switch. Like Du is doing with Guile. However, for specific players or MUs, he still has a large amount of experience with FANG and he'd use him for those, like Du does with Mika.

Their main focus will be on the powerful characters with minimal amounts of bad match-ups and who have the tools to consistently perform well.

Like, take your example of Smug: the guy hates playing against grapplers, and so do Balrogs in general. Balrog is a bad match-up for Guile. So, with his experience with Mika, the choice is clear.

Xian is going to focus on Ibuki or some other top tier if he decides to switch. Like Du is doing with Guile. However, for specific players or MUs, he still has a large amount of experience with FANG and he'd use him for those, like Du does with Mika.

Their main focus will be on the powerful characters with minimal amounts of bad match-ups and who have the tools to consistently perform well.

Like, take your example of Smug: the guy hates playing against grapplers, and so do Balrogs in general. Balrog is a bad match-up for Guile. So, with his experience with Mika, the choice is clear.

I mean, that's what I figured. It's not like people are going to deviate away from picking the best option on the expectation that they like playing the character. They are tools, and they should be used as such to win when you are a progamer. So like you said, it comes down to :

The matchup
What the opposing player knows/hates about your character
And being comfortable with the character choice

Any number of factors can make him swing back to Mika though. If the matchup is bad but not bad enough to matter since his opponent hates playing Mika, he might stick to her. With people picking up new characters, I feel like usage won't go down so heavily from what he did before.

That all said, I'm excited to see people picking up other characters, because that means other people playing them differently with their own styles. Momo's Rashid is so weird but I like it.

Xian was retweeting stuff people were sending him for the past few days. It popped up on my timeline and those FANG players seemed pretty happy. But who knows until the patch hits.

DONJONJ

Neo Member
Yeah Logan is an asshole; it's the same guy that made a McRee joke with the Orlando nightclub shooting:

C7Ip50JV0AEW6b0.jpg

He consistently goes nuclear whenever someone criticizes him. Maybe it's part of his shtick, but it being one doesn't exempt you from being an asshole. Making homophobic comments, telling people to kill themselves and making threats, jokingly or not is going too far. Also, having parity between online and offline behavior is actually what's respectable, not the other way around. Acting like a total loon on twitter and being "nice" in person is not a good thing, though it's admittedly better than being a sociopath in person.

He probably won't face any consequences because the FGC has had worse types around and nothing happens (and let's be real, it's always been somewhat of a meritocracy), but if Logan and his supporters think it's alright for him to keep "joking" then it's definitely alright for people to keep calling him out for being an asshole.

I think if he dialed it back a bit everyone would be happy, but I'm not sure he can/wants to.

Skilletor

Yeah Logan is an asshole; it's the same guy that made a McRee joke with the Orlando nightclub shooting:

C7Ip50JV0AEW6b0.jpg

He consistently goes nuclear whenever someone criticizes him. Maybe it's part of his shtick, but it being one doesn't exempt you from being an asshole. Making homophobic comments, telling people to kill themselves and making threats, jokingly or not is going too far. Also, having parity between online and offline behavior is actually what's respectable, not the other way around. Acting like a total loon on twitter and being "nice" in person is not a good thing, though it's admittedly better than being a sociopath in person.

He probably won't face any consequences because the FGC has had worse types around and nothing happens (and let's be real, it's always been somewhat of a meritocracy), but if Logan and his supporters think it's alright for him to keep "joking" then it's definitely alright for people to keep calling him out for being an asshole.

I think if he dialed it back a bit everyone would be happy, but I'm not sure he can/wants to.

Holy shit. Fuck this dude for real.

Kikirin

Ucchedavāda;232307976 said:
Speaking of F.A.N.G buffs, what is "hit hold"? I'm asking cause one of changes was that they "Increased the hit hold from the second and third active frames by 1F" for his stLP.

I wasn't sure what to make of this myself. If this is referring to hitstop, then it isn't really worth mentioning except maybe for an additional frame of buffering charges.

If it's referring to hitstun, it'd be (highly imo) unusual but could have some pretty interesting implications:
  • Landing a hit on the second and third active frames would be +7/+8 instead of +6/+7, respectively. So the window for a meaty st.lp link into st.hp would be larger.
  • This would also mean that the bigger hitbox change for the second active frame of st.lp actually wouldn't interfere with the current position-dependent st.lp to st.hp link. If anything, it could potentially make it a bit easier timing-wise for the characters you have to microwalk against.

I wasn't sure what to make of this myself. If this is referring to hitstop, then it isn't really worth mentioning except maybe for an additional frame of buffering charges.

If it's referring to hitstun, it'd be (highly imo) unusual but could have some pretty interesting implications:
  • Landing a hit on the second and third active frames would be +7/+8 instead of +6/+7, respectively. So the window for a meaty st.lp link into st.hp would be larger.
  • This would also mean that the bigger hitbox change for the second active frame of st.lp actually wouldn't interfere with the current position-dependent st.lp to st.hp link. If anything, it could potentially make it a bit easier timing-wise for the characters you have to microwalk against.

Thanks for the explanation!

I'd imagine he might whip out FANG for some matchups where he feels more comfortable.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Ibuki is his go-to.

To be fair, FANG's more viable now than he was in Season 1. A lot of his bad matchups got nerfs (with the exception of everyone's favourite stuttering basketball player) and he himself got some much needed buffs. If you're good at cracking open people's defenses, then you can do definitely do work with him.

In BornFree's interview, Xian talks about still playing FANG for certain matchups like Gief

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Even RB misspaced quite a few regular tackles to the point where they got straight up punished. But ZtS told me here that he won't use EX after the patch, because he can make the regular ones +1...

Hey, I am defending Logan the actual person - what you are doing is building a Twitter-based straw man to burn down.

No, what you're actually doing is defending your friend because you think he shouldn't be held accountable for his behavior due to the fact that you personally benefit from him. I've never met LowTierGod before but I think it's fair to label him an asshole whether or not his behavior is an act. "It's just a prank bro!" is a weak defense. But by all means, keep fighting that fight on here and on Twitter apparently, on Logan's behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom