• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it definitely could be worse, no doubt. Was just looking for a reason to jump back in. Kinda apprehensive again. Maybe after Persona 5 and Yakuza 0, which both should take a while.
My reason is currently like 2.5K FM away. Ibuki will be my oasis in the desert when I want to try someone besides Karin.
I'm curious if the patch notes that they released were final.
I hope not. They could go a little farther with Alex, Ryu, Juri, Nash and Chun. I don't really play or watch Fang enough to know if he is okay now.
I mean, they could add an air throw to Balrog. Or a counter. Or a DP !
Yeah, that'd make him a bit more robust.
Two rage quits in a row from people seeing I picked Balrog in ranked.
See below for the online community's reaction to Balrog's S2.5 status.
giphy.gif

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
From my understanding, they're both local players who were good standbys in case someone else invited couldn't make it.
Danke said they wanted a local and two better players they asked before him couldn't come.

Mr. X

do you play Ken? I'd love to see how successful you are using his feint? It is very situational and like I said way too slow to use outside a hard knockdown. Rog's overhead for a number of reasons is great, you are not using actual gameplay logic but just talking what's unsafe and what's not, not what's actually difficult to react to.

And we're not including Ibuki who has a great one as well. Your post was implying Ken's TK being -2 was some absurdly good took and I argued against it, Ken having a good overall kit was not the debate in the first place.
The feint is useless 99% of the time and that's fine because it's there for that 1 time you feint, it'll work.

Kit is important to strength of an overhead. It's why Cammy doesn't need one and Juri's is awful.

In game, I eat more Ken overheads than Rog overheads. Spin is a huge tell.

kirblar

Launch Ken was heavily dependent on abusing the input delay in the game. (The reduced hit-stop played into this.) The nerf to input delay hurt him a lot.

Damn punk is the real blonde lover.

Tokido should just go back to Ryu. I'm not feeling his Akuma, or Akuma in general.

Why would he go to a character that takes more work to win with when he's been placing pretty damn well lately? Topanga league and FR were very strong showings and his loses came from input errors not the character imo.

Duress

Damn punk is the real blonde lover.

Why would he go to a character that takes more work to win with when he's been placing pretty damn well lately? Topanga league and FR were very strong showings and his loses came from input errors not the character imo.

I feel the exact opposite! I think Akuma has to work harder to get in than Ryu.

I feel the exact opposite! I think Akuma has to work harder to get in than Ryu.

To be fair, two of the people Tokido faced were bad matchups for Akuma, and both players are ridiculous with their characters. Akuma gets more off a fished hit than Ryu, since his whole gameplan is looking for that opening and getting a combo off of it. Ryu is currently the worst shoto in the game and doesn't fit Tokido's style anymore, so it wouldn't be worth it to go back unless they allow him to be as aggressive as Akuma can be.

Village

If all he does is commentary... there are bunches of other people who do that well who aren't assholes on twitter

Not seeing how capcom needs him

Village

Oh not you, other people on the last page are suggesting capcom can't get rid of him

Yeah they can commentators in the e sports era are a dime a fucking dozen. Not saying that shit is easy, but its no shortage of em. And if that's all he has, and he isn't coordinating the actual creation of real games like combofiend and huants's ghost I don't see this perceived value people are talking about on the other page.

Edzi

If i've read this correctly, what he's done is already grimy

And how in what way is he valuable to capcom?

From what I see, he doesn't seem like it

Eh, pretty sure all of his "grimy" comments on twitter are responses to people who are already trolling. I get that it's not technically appropriate, but I don't think it's something to get up and arms over.

Village

Eh, pretty sure all of his "grimy" comments on twitter are responses to people who are already trolling. I get that it's not technically appropriate, but I don't think it's something to get up and arms over.

I don't think anyone is getting up in arms about anything. He hasn't jon tron'ed, that was some crazy shit.
However, he from understanding works in a field that desires a sports like professionalism, and to maintain that, you kind of gotta not say weird shit on twitter.

I'm not so much interested in him, in more so why capcom needs him.

Is ring of destiny free now? I don't remember buying it.

Can you select it?

Because I know its been grayed out at the side of my game since the beginning of season 2

Producer

If i've read this correctly, what he's done is already grimy

And how in what way is he valuable to capcom?

From what I see, he doesn't seem like it

He runs wso, commentates at big events, and people like him

Probably does more stuff too but i dont really keep up or watch much of europe or uk street fighter

Oh not you, other people on the last page are suggesting capcom can't get rid of him

Yeah they can commentators in the e sports era are a dime a fucking dozen. Not saying that shit is easy, but its no shortage of em. And if that's all he has, and he isn't coordinating the actual creation of real games like combofiend and huants's ghost I don't see this perceived value people are talking about on the other page.

Commentators as good as Logan, and as knowledgeable about Street Fighter, are not a dime a dozen. There actually is a shortage.

Commentators as good as Logan, and as knowledgeable about Street Fighter, are not a dime a dozen. There actually is a shortage.

They could easily replace him with Tyrant if Capcom is really short on generic European white guys for commentators. Not sure if Tyrant is known to be an asshole like Logan though. But his voice is less annoying than Logan's at the very least.

Producer

They could easily replace him with Tyrant if Capcom is really short on generic European white guys for commentators. Not sure if Tyrant is known to be an asshole like Logan though. But his voice is less annoying than Logan's at the very least.

Yeah..capcom uk keeps logansama around because hes a white dude and not because hes a good to/commentator...lol

Ucchedavāda;232277832 said:
Looks like somebody actually reached out to Capcom regarding Logan telling people to kill themselves and the like on the WSO account:
https://medium.com/@iantothemax/the...etter-than-logan-sama-f5ee09b42b58#.fmjps6o5c

The point I'm trying to make is that, in my opinion, Logan is a liability. While he has endeared himself to a segment of the community and even some of our most important leaders, it's crucial that he isn't used against us like so many others have been in the past.

Logan a liability? WTF?

Dude is an asset to the UK scene. This is a guy that has a successful pro DJ career, and spends his spare time running events in London for the FGC here.

In my opinion, Iantothemax should stop getting salty at someone using strong words on Twitter.

Good news, having hung out with Tyrant a bit over the last year or so, I can indeed confirm that he isn't an asshole. But neither is Logan.

mbpm1

Spent a while today wanting to play again and started reinstalling.

Watched SXSW, and that urge died down even though I liked most of it. Dang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom