• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

One bad fireball and DP and that's it. After that Crush Counter, might as well get up and make a sandwich.

in SF4 you needed 3 hits from Cody to dizzy a low health character. Here it's just two hits.

Probably because stun game in this is closer to SF3, not SF4. Go look at Akuma's stun in that game and come back.

Makoto has 100% combos against only Akuma because of his stun meter in that game.

Only to be snatched away when the beta is over. The patch isn't coming till the end of the month,I thought.
I can't help finding it weird that they'd release this beta including the S2.5 changes without clearly telling us whether or not the changes are final. Under these circumstances it'd be totally normal for people to get their hopes up, but we just don't know.

LakeEarth

Probably because stun game in this is closer to SF3, not SF4. Go look at Akuma's stun in that game and come back.

Makoto has 100% combos against only Akuma because of his stun meter in that game.

3rd Strike also had a 25% (IIRC) damage bonus if you hit your opponent crouching. Combine that with a damaging character with a super that keeps your opponent crouched upon every hit, and you get stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0VYOSMwvDI&t=1m

I wanted to call this video "K to the 0" to reflect how his health went to the K of Akuma's name down to 0 health, but I couldn't ... because his health was actually at the M of his name!

I can't help finding it weird that they'd release this beta including the S2.5 changes without clearly telling us whether or not the changes are final. Under these circumstances it'd be totally normal for people to get their hopes up, but we just don't know.

I would be so sad if they end up nerfing Laura hard after the PTR period

Sayad

What? Do you understand what I'm saying when I'm talking about a 4f startup light normal with 3 active frames that is +3 on block?
Like the one Karin lost coming into S2 because it was too bullshit, but apparently, someone else on the balance team managed to sneak it in again, and on grapple this time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would be so sad if they end up nerfing Laura hard after the PTR period
They were really good about the Urien nerfs. If they can give Laura, Cammy and Balrog lighter touches it would really help the game a lot. That said, I'd be happier with them staying as is if Capcom buffs the bottom 5-7 moderately again (except Vega who is gonna beast now). They can go farther with Nash and Alex in particular. Dudes are still incomplete.

Kashiwaba

It really sucks against Rashid because stopping his spinning mixer is crucial when facing him with any character. I'm just gonna start mashing st.LP for my life anytime I see I'm blocking it.
Light spinning mixer is not safe on block if i don't throw throw or Ex spinning mixer after it, i always end up eating some jabs.

FluxWaveZ

Light spooning mixer is not safe on block if i don't throw throw or Ex spinning mixer after it, i always end up eating some jabs.

It's -2, like all of 'em excluding when he passes through his V-Trigger and is 0.

Edit: Actually, checking FAT, it's more nuanced because of all the variations of it. Still, the one that's talked about is the -2 variation that all Rashids do the most.

What? Those are the final changes. It's basically to allow people to test shit out. I still think a few more things might get added but for the most part the final patch notes are done.

MCD250

3rd Strike also had a 25% (IIRC) damage bonus if you hit your opponent crouching. Combine that with a damaging character with a super that keeps your opponent crouched upon every hit, and you get stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0VYOSMwvDI&t=1m

I wanted to call this video "K to the 0" to reflect how his health went to the K of Akuma's name down to 0 health, but I couldn't ... because his health was actually at the M of his name!
Haha, damn, that damage.

Spuck-uk

Banned
What? Do you understand what I'm saying when I'm talking about a 4f startup light normal with 3 active frames that is +3 on block?

Yup, that it leaves you plus enough and close enough to threaten a command throw or another button, without getting jabbed out of either.

I also know you know this is a fairly common situation for a grappler.

It says a lot about how shit most normals are in SFV that tick throw setups aren't more common.

FluxWaveZ

Yup, that it leaves you plus enough and close enough to threaten a command throw or another button, without getting jabbed out of either.

I also know you know this is a fairly common situation for a grappler.

It says a lot about how shit most normals are in SFV that tick throw setups aren't more common.

The issue lies in the fact that she is +3, not that it's a button that can be used for tic throws. Birdie has a 4f st.LK that is +3, but he isn't Laura.

You think everyone should have 4f light attacks that leave them +3? What makes Laura special? Especially when she's a grappler, which inherently means her tic throw setups are more dangerous?

Would you be okay with Necalli's st.LK being +3? How about Mika's?

HardRojo

d65770_400ac40096d64df7aa85918621e9d1e4.png_srz_263_216_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Lol I've lost to so many Rashids because it feels like his pressure is never ending and I don't want to spend bar on a reversal, just for him to come back and keep his free pressure going. I hate LP mixer too.

Spuck-uk

Banned
The issue lies in the fact that she is +3, not that it's a button that can be used for tic throws. Birdie has a 4f st.LK that is +3, but he isn't Laura.

You think everyone should have 4f light attacks that leave them +3? What makes Laura special? Especially when she's a grappler, which inherently means her tic throw setups are more dangerous?

Would you be okay with Necalli's st.LK being +3? How about Mika's?

The same thing that made Makoto 'special', short range normals and bad walkspeed.

To answer the other question, Necalli and Mika already have more than enough good short range buttons that they don't need it.

FluxWaveZ

The same thing that made Makoto 'special', short range normals and bad walkspeed.

To answer the other question, Necalli and Mika already have more than enough good short range buttons that they don't need it.

Because Mika and Necalli have "long range" normals compared to Laura? What are these "good short range buttons" that Mika has that Laura doesn't?

And bad walk speed is meaningless. Laura has a 17f dash, her V-Skill and a fireball which is mainly used for pressure instead of zoning. Her walk speed isn't even that bad.

mbpm1

It was +3 in S1 probably because her command grab used to be 6f iirc. But now in S2 it's 5f yet her st.lk is still +3 for reasons. But Capcom knows better than us I guess!

you can't fuck with that move

3 active frames eh? you could probably get some nasty meaty advantage off of it too

MCD250

The most Capcpom thing would be if all the data is accidentally lost during the server migration and we all have to make new CFNs.

MCD250

By the way, anybody have a link to that article where Daigo talked about the different versions of SFII and how each were received in Japan at the time of release, and how that informed his view od how fighting games should be balanced? I think it was from shortly after the S2 patch dropped. I was searching for it but I can't seem to find it.

200w.gif

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
A laura player teabagging me after a close 2 out of 3 with 3k points above me.. aaite dude. I guess 9 1 matchup is too close.

HardRojo

I want to change my country flag. I thought setting it to USA (My account is from the US and was created while I was there) would help with matchmaking, but it's just cosmetic so I want my Peruvian flag to be displayed now.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Because Mika and Necalli have "long range" normals compared to Laura? What are these "good short range buttons" that Mika has that Laura doesn't?

And bad walk speed is meaningless. Laura has a 17f dash, her V-Skill and a fireball which is mainly used for pressure instead of zoning. Her walk speed isn't even that bad.

Are you just going to keep asking for more and different things to no end? Not sure where you're going with this.

Have you ever actually tried to use Laura?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom