• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

The Ryu costume is dope though, so I'll give them that. No more announcements? I was hoping for the Thailand stage and both of the year old nostalgia costumes making a return already.

Devid905

C8XE2NOWsAAGOIl.jpg

Scotia

Banned
That Thailand stage does look really awesome, but I hope they'll eventually start remaking stages from other SF games. Alpha and 3 have some great stages that would look fantastic in this game.

Kashiwaba

That Thailand stage does look really awesome, but I hope they'll eventually start remaking stages from other SF games. Alpha and 3 have some great stages that would look fantastic in this game.
I want sakura backyard stage with the kid playing video games.
PMOspQ

MrCarter

It's a bit muffled, but here's a snippet of the remixed Thailand stage theme.

Really digging the instrumentation on this one! Sounds like it'll continue the retro stages' streak of amazing musical accompaniment.

Kinda muffled but I'm liking the drums so far.

I want sakura backyard stage with the kid playing video games.

I want Ken's cruise boat stage from Alpha 2. The BEST stage in any SF game ever.

118124217364.png

hqdefault.jpg

They can have new guest NPC characters or stick with the classics.

MCD250

Chun's Great Wall from Alpha would be great.

HardRojo

Played against a Juri earlier. Went 1 - 2, I don't know the match-up at all lol so I guess it's time to do my homework. Also played a Cammy and that went better as I won 2 - 0, but holy fuck I checked her frame data afterwards and I had no idea VT Cannon Strike was +4 on block lol, and now I know why I kept getting clipped for pressing buttons after blocking her V Skills, shit's +2 on block which means she's free to mash that 5 frames cr.MP (unless I EX DP, which I try not to overdo).

Scotia

Banned
Two stages I'd like to see remade would be Ryu's 3S stage and Sakura's Alpha 2 stage.

There's tons more I'd like to see as well, but those two stand out.

HardRojo

Two stages I'd like to see remade would be Ryu's 3S stage and Sakura's Alpha 2 stage.

There's tons more I'd like to see as well, but those two stand out.

I'd love to hear a new remix of Ryu's Third Strike theme, you can hear a bit of it during the Story mode when he fights Ken at the end, but it's just a small sample.

The comments never fail to give me a headache from how hard my eyes roll.

All these suckers whining for Sagat but I'll bet about 2% of them will actually play him if he's announced. It'll be the same deal as with Guilty Gear's Baiken and KOF's Vanessa: a vocal group begs for them extremely loudly but then mysteriously disappears once they finally make it in.

MCD250

I guess there was a cosplay contest during the panel and Necalli won.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/848316353911992320?s=09

All these suckers whining for Sagat but I'll bet about 2% of them will actually play him if he's announced. It'll be the same deal as with Guilty Gear's Baiken and KOF's Vanessa: a vocal group begs for them extremely loudly but then mysteriously disappears once they finally make it in.
Now, in fairness, I think a lot of people hear "Thailand" and immediately think of Sagat (perhaps not realizing that Bison's original stage was also set there), hence many of the questions about him.

But yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom