• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

CAPCOM

STOP. TRICKLING. COSTUMES.

Give me costume theme packs for EVERYONE.

That has been kind of blowing my mind too... Going from SF4 where they put out tons of costumes in bundles to SFV where costumes are released a couple at a time with such a large gap in between... I'm not sure what is the better option but the infrequency of it makes me sad.

I'm done with the Beta. There is only two birdies and me. I don't know if the netcode is worse or that I forgot to turn off Vsync, I couldn't punish -5 OB moves with a jab. It's probably the latter because I couldn't hit Dhalsim out of his teleport recovery.

latest

dc6e362ed64bd7e541c2d93a8d5a7230.jpg

Xeteh

I'm done with the Beta. There is only two birdies and me. I don't know if the netcode is worse or that I forgot to turn off Vsync, I couldn't punish -5 OB moves with a jab. It's probably the latter because I couldn't hit Dhalsim out of his teleport recovery.

I keep seeing you guys talking about the lack of players on the beta and think "I could download it" but it'd be a free match for you all and it would be fun for no one.

Sounds a lot like me. SFV is the first fighting game where I'm dabbling in online matches.

And that's why I personally wasn't upset with the decision Capcom made to bring the game out lacking real single player content.

Even though my intentions from the beginning were to become competent and somewhat competitive in SFV, Capcom took away any temptation for me to fall back on single player when the game got tough and I was losing nine matches in a row.

It also helps that this is the first SF game I've played where the online doesn't feel like the characters are underwater.

I keep seeing you guys talking about the lack of players on the beta and think "I could download it" but it'd be a free match for you all and it would be fun for no one.

I did it to check out the changes and only had last Tuesday and today to check it out. it's no fun for me steam rolling people who has a lower skill level. That is what Casual Mode is for if people want to keep their points.

Xeteh

I did it to check out the changes and only had last Tuesday and today to check it out. it's no fun for me steam rolling people who has a lower skill level. That is what Casual Mode is for if people want to keep their points.

Yeah, I wouldn't put up a fight. I honestly thought about doing the beta stuff just because I might run in to people of a lower skill level but even then it'd be people trying the game for the first time and it wouldn't be fun for anyone. I'm pretty shit but I have a bit of an understanding about what I'm doing.

mbpm1

That has been kind of blowing my mind too... Going from SF4 where they put out tons of costumes in bundles to SFV where costumes are released a couple at a time with such a large gap in between... I'm not sure what is the better option but the infrequency of it makes me sad.

Yeah, where's school costumes for everyone?

remz

Fixed for accuracy

I don't care if you don't like necalli, I need you to understand whats happening

IXdSULM.jpg

Give him team colors like rogs joint in 4, they snuck like some real team colors on that shit.

Lol dunk lord NBA necalli would make me play him again

Village

Lol dunk lord NBA necalli would make me play him again

Give me, Dunk lord necali and Football urien, and i'm in.

My boy urien got the tackle my dude

Also I need that costume to actually be called Dunk Lords, or Monstars either is fine.

MCD250

Ugh, man. Every time I get half a mind to start playing online again I get a super laggy match. New CFN can't come soon enough.

The lag isn't going to go away. Unless it's the servers being shit, you can't stop people on garbage connections.The best that any developer can do is make sure their servers are on point.

FluxWaveZ

Didn't even make top 8 at mine. Ended up getting eliminated by both players who got 1st and 2nd (Chi-rithy and Snafoo). Unfortunate.

The lag isn't going to go away. Unless it's the servers being shit, you can't stop people on garbage connections.The best that any developer can do is make sure their servers are on point.

Or just put a country filter and use ping instead of connection bars. And replace the current netcode that something the Ps4 can handle and not introduce rollback when doing something simple like mashing buttons.

FluxWaveZ

Chi-rithy is ridiculous. How do you usually do against him?

In casuals, it probably goes something like 7-3 for him. I beat him at LAN ETS in grand finals to take first place. I did alright against him today, but he still always edged it out, making for a 2-0.

There are some strong players here; makes it tough.

In casuals, it probably goes something like 7-3 for him. I beat him at LAN ETS in grand finals to take first place. I did alright against him today, but he still always edged it out, making for a 2-0.

There are some strong players here; makes it tough.

Yeah I can imagine that's tough. Especially since he's playing cammy now. He just has such solid neutral. Congrats on beating him at LAN ETS though!

FluxWaveZ

Yeah I can imagine that's tough. Especially since he's playing cammy now. He just has such solid neutral. Congrats on beating him at LAN ETS though!

No, Chi-rithy plays Chun-Li. He tried out Cammy for a couple of weeks a week after Season 2 dropped, but then he went back to Chun-Li and hasn't looked back since.

No, Chi-rithy plays Chun-Li. He tried out Cammy for a couple of weeks a week after Season 2 dropped, but then he went back to Chun-Li and hasn't looked back since.

Oh, I didn't know he went back to Chun. Interesting. She got nerfed but the character still suits him well. Is there anything you think you could work on in the matchup?

FluxWaveZ

Oh, I didn't know he went back to Chun. Interesting. She got nerfed but the character still suits him well. Is there anything you think you could work on in the matchup?

Hard to say, because he's such a fundamentally strong player. I turned on serious mode in my matches against him and was doing well in footsies, but I still couldn't keep up. I guess, when Chun-Li has V-Trigger, I should watch out for my feet after a KD at all times, because cr.LK > legs xx V-Trigger is no fun, and it cost me a round at one point.

You can watch some of his matches at the tournament by scrolling through the archive: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/132836455

Edzi

Will they stream it? If yes then When are they streaming it?

Not sure. It's a Norcal Rivals event, and I think it's a red bull qualifier or something. I think they're starting​ a bit late too since they've yet to let anyone in.

You and most people here are better than they think they are.

You'll be fine.

Nahhhh

Bruh i went 0-2 w/ a perfect against Mago on stream

You'll be alright

Nahhhhhhhh

at least you wont be an online only scrub like me. good luck my dude

Hah, thanks

Man, I'm bummed that they didn't at least hint at a new character at that panel. I know that if they're following the same schedule as Kolin it's actually a bit early, but I think it was a little easier to deal with the wait for Kolin because she was so obviously the next character. The next week or two is going to feel so long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom