• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ucchedavāda;233210696 said:
I honestly just want a way to send my opponent a thumbs-up after a good match.
thumbs-downwweric-flairbatista.gif

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Ucchedavāda;233209676 said:
Finally got around to trying out the CFN beta, it was a nice step forward. Just the flags working in lobbies is fantastic, and the connection indicators also seem a lot more reliable (as in, they actually show up). I don't think I waited more than a minute between people leaving and a new person joining my lobby. And loading times felt much better, even though I forgot to add the FASTLOAD mod. I didn't play enough people to really compare connections, though, but everything was fine except for one person with 3 bars.

Does anyone know what the difference between "friends" and "favorites" are?

Load times are better but it's hard to tease out the effect of Capcom's work versus the inherent advantage of everyone being on PC.

Friends are the people who show up in your timeline feed thing. It seems like faves do that too in the beta, but it sounds like the intention in the end is for friends to show up there but not favorites.

Load times are better but it's hard to tease out the effect of Capcom's work versus the inherent advantage of everyone being on PC.

Friends are the people who show up in your timeline feed thing. It seems like faves do that too in the beta, but it sounds like the intention in the end is for friends to show up there but not favorites.

It'll be interesting to see once it is released, and we can do a proper comparison. If they've made improvements in the server communication, then that'll help no matter your hardware.

Still can't believe TOs keep buying the Kanzuki beach and Skies of Honor stage.

Such a waste of time selecting a random stage only to have to reselect all over again.

They could do what KI does and have good netcode. At the very least the one sided rollback needs to go away.

KI and MK have god tier netcode. SFV's netcode is good to fine right now. But the rollback is the biggest issue, and the one that's most impactful that they could deal with.

Pachinko

I didn't intend to single you out there Lucebuce but I've never liked FANG much.

There was a fair bit of hype surrounding his reveal as the final new character in the standard roster , his video dropped during PSX 2015 and I didn't know what to make of it.

Once the game proper came out and I saw a bit more of him , learned he was a charge character I decided I disliked him more :p His design is just kind of off putting , this huge lanky tall guy with a gaudy looking outfit. Using him didn't help because he has odd normals and side switching antics that make him hard to read , he's simply too different from the rest of the cast. I honestly get a similar feeling with some of Kolins movelist too, almost feels like a guest character from another game. (although I find Kolin kind of fun to use)

BUT , trying to play devils advocate here - even as much as I dislike him on many levels - FANG was played up quite well as a villain in the cinematic story mode AND I'd still put him above the weaker efforts for SF4's newer cast members. Namely El fuerte and Rufus (who actively despise). His design, though kind of ugly is also at least memorable compared to someone like Abel (who is super fun to play/watch but just boring to look at design wise). Basically, he's on par with Hakkan for me. ... although Hakkan is one of the few grapplers I enjoyed using in 4 mostly because my friend hated fighting him :p

Honestly someone can just as easily trash my tastes in fighting game characters , I'm a simple minded pleb because I tend to just follow the boobs. I've even said in the past that if SFV had a character that was just rashid with tits I'd probably have just mained them months ago and not looked back :p Course that character sort of exists and her name was SF4 Juri.

I didn't intend to single you out there Lucebuce but I've never liked FANG much.
Hey, no worries. I was just joking around :)

I really liked FANG's design and his gameplay but often times I can't help but feel like he's in the wrong game. He has the moveset that could potentially make him top tier even in SF4 but in this game's systems and design philosophy, he just feels a bit too weak. Still, guess we'll see how season 2.5 shakes out.

I tend to just follow the boobs. I've even said in the past that if SFV had a character that was just rashid with tits I'd probably have just mained them months ago and not looked back :p Course that character sort of exists and her name was SF4 Juri.
I like you.

Is Justin still on that Chun Li kick?

And the new CFN stuff is gonna help, because it'll show me who I'm ass too. I need to start analysis my matches right after.

Xeteh

He was playing Karin in that last set and couldn't get shit done after winning the first game. Its cool to see a Birdie so deep in the tournament.

Marvel

could never
I feel like such a coward, been 200 points from Gold for so long but I'm too scared to go play Ranked. All I keep doing is roster roaming in Casual, something I said I'd stop doing but failed lol.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I feel like such a coward, been 200 points from Gold for so long but I'm too scared to go play Ranked. All I keep doing is roster roaming in Casual, something I said I'd stop doing but failed lol.
After this beta weekend of getting slaughtered by godlike players in silver rank I think I might be over my fear of the points game.

Chun having 8 million costumes probably has something to do with someone at Capcom having a thing for her.

Chun Li is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time.

October:
Chun @ 9th place
Alex @ 11th place

November:
Chun @ 12th place
Alex @ 13th place

December:
Alex @ 13th place
Chun @ 17th place

Character usage is irrelevant. You don't have to main or even use a character to buy a costume for a character.

I don't use Ryu, and I got bearded Ryu without question.

Pachinko

nothing wrong with roster roaming or staying off ranked if you value your rank. I mean, that rank helps find more suitable competition in casual too. Start off with 10 casual matches with whoever you want to go into ranked with and set a goal of winning 6 of those games. Make sure you have the matchmaking set to ask so you can hopefully rule out the shittier connections and then turn ranked on. Play a set against someone, if you win ? keep going. If you lose , take a couple minutes , maybe do a single casual match to warm up some more and then jump back into ranked.

Remember, the points don't really matter unless you're in Diamond or platinum , everything before that is training. The difference between rookie and gold is 4000 lp. at 65 points a win , you'll need to 2-0 31 other people in ranked. It's just that simple :p

The reason Problem X did that EX command grab at the end of the second last round is cause it's throw invincible.

I thought of it in my head why he wasn't using that option when the throw loops were clearly ongoing but he used it in an extremely clutch moment.

Village

Chun Li is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time.

So is M bison, heck so is everyone else from street fighter 2, and some of them, like M bison have notably less costumes. Also I don't feel like icconcism should be the merit for who gets what costume in this case, because how in the hell are you gong to entice people to play new characters. Guile, one of the most iconic characters in the all of video games, has not one but TWO of the most iconic and best theme songs in all of fighting games, has less costumes than alex or juri, or ibuki, ect. So I don't think its iconcicism.

Its probably popularity, usage, and what an artist wants to do , and then you know waifu shit

Character usage is irrelevant. You don't have to main or even use a character to buy a costume for a character.

I don't use Ryu, and I got bearded Ryu without question.
I feel as though for me personally me buying costumes for a character suggests I might use them at some point . But I wont speak for you.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
nothing wrong with roster roaming or staying off ranked if you value your rank. I mean, that rank helps find more suitable competition in casual too. Start off with 10 casual matches with whoever you want to go into ranked with and set a goal of winning 6 of those games. Make sure you have the matchmaking set to ask so you can hopefully rule out the shittier connections and then turn ranked on. Play a set against someone, if you win ? keep going. If you lose , take a couple minutes , maybe do a single casual match to warm up some more and then jump back into ranked.

Remember, the points don't really matter unless you're in Diamond or platinum , everything before that is training. The difference between rookie and gold is 4000 lp. at 65 points a win , you'll need to 2-0 31 other people in ranked. It's just that simple :p
That was my philosophy but the competition in casual is just substantially weaker. People aren't trying their hardest, or are practicing specific things, or aren't using their mains. It doesn't prepare you well for ranked matches at the same LP level, so it only makes sense to stop playing ranked when you first enter a new tier and your casual competition is more likely to be a bit more skilled than you are.

I say all this as a super/ultra silver who only plays one character though. It's definitely a legit strategy for people who want to explore the roster, and it probably doesn't apply equally to much higher ranks. But as a super silver you get matches with tons of low silvers. At least at ultra silver they start throwing golds your way so that's a decent place to hang out in casuals for a while.

MCD250

I've bought a few costumes for characters I don't use, yeah. Some with fight money, some with real money. I usually do it for characters that I enjoy watching and could potentially see myself picking up at some point. Way I figure, there's nothing wrong with it if I find the costume aesthetically pleasing, and who knows, maybe if I ever decide to start learning them I'll have a neat costume I can use. I remember I bought Karin's black dress and Rashid's street clothes with fight money for these reasons.

Infil's fiancé joining the Rog army
https://instagram.com/p/BSYckvggvBT/
Sick cMK > cMK reset into overhead.

RM8

I'm pretty sure we Sim mains will never get another costume ;( And the premium was was kind of lame to boot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom