• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Such a stupid character.

Is Balrog getting nerfed?

*Looks at new patch note*

Oh for fuck sake Capcom.

To be fair, sLK, walk forward sRH is like a 10f gap that you got frame trapped by.

Village

Are you a masochist?

Nah its fun.

He's a fun fight, I like figuring out how to beat them. I think laura is much less fun, because I feel all laura's do the exact same shit it doesn't feel fun to fight, it feels like the game isn't operating correctly, and not in a good way

Anybody else run into a ton of Alex players in the beta? People are thirsty for him to be good in this game.

Alex is fun to play. I think the moment he's good, you will see a lot of him in tournoment. He's fun to play and watch.

HiResDes

Nah its fun.

He's a fun fight, I like figuring out how to beat them. I think laura is much less fun, because I feel all laura's do the exact same shit it doesn't feel fun to fight, it feels like the game isn't operating correctly, and not in a good way

Alex is fun to play. I think the moment he's good, you will see a lot of him in tournoment. He's fun to play and watch.
I don't play him and totally agree. He was nearly perfect in the beginning, no idea why they nerfed a perfectly mid-tier character who is so exciting to watch.

Marvel

could never
OK my Urien is Ass.

What a weird thing though, can do nice shit in the lab but in actual games I look like I have never played a fg before lol. In the real thing he doesn't click.

Xeteh

I think she's really good and I'm looking forward to what Infilration does with her. She is definitely one of the most underrated characters in the cast.

Me too, I love seeing the character in action but unless something changes I'm not sure I'll play her much. I was so hyped for her release and when I realized I didn't like playing her in the game it burned me out on SFV for several months.

Lulubop

I'm done with the Beta. There is only two birdies and me. I don't know if the netcode is worse or that I forgot to turn off Vsync, I couldn't punish -5 OB moves with a jab. It's probably the latter because I couldn't hit Dhalsim out of his teleport recovery.

dc6e362ed64bd7e541c2d93a8d5a7230.jpg

This is my favorite stage of all time, good tatse

OK my Urien is Ass.

What a weird thing though, can do nice shit in the lab but in actual games I look like I have never played a fg before lol. In the real thing he doesn't click.

Beat people with basic shit and work your way up. Maybe dick around in casuals more. Sometimes I'll practice confirms on the CPU.

https://media.giphy.com/media/t7IexQgljlROE/giphy.gif[IMG]

Such a stupid character.

Is Balrog getting nerfed?

*Looks at new patch note*

Oh for fuck sake Capcom.[/QUOTE]
I used him for the first time yesterday against a weak player. I didn't even have to think at all. It was mash and dash punch central. Too bad we can't use him in training mode or in the combo trials. If he clicked with me I'd buy him. Feel like an idiot for spending my FM on Guile instead of Balrog now.
[quote="animlboogy, post: 233223608"]Anybody else run into a ton of Alex players in the beta? People are thirsty for him to be good in this game.[/QUOTE]
Alex has a pretty good floor for a character that has been crap in pretty much every SF game he has been in. In SFV his best point before stat tracking seems to have been at 11th place. At this current worst he is 14th. Make him a top ten like Mika (because we all know Gief and Laura are top five) and he'd be one of the most used characters quicker than a scrub shoto mashes DP during blockstrings.

Marvel

could never
Maybe I should go back to Ken, I'm good with him. Stop fucking about with characters I like the design of and just accept Ken's face in my life.

Sayad

OK my Urien is Ass.

Train vs CPU, stay away from hardest difficulty though, you just need to practice against a moving target.

I'm not sure what you are asking, but the divekick will never hit as a crossup regardless.
If you are asking about a sideswitch, then only vtrigger dive kick will change sides.

Skab

I'm not sure what you are asking, but the divekick will never hit as a crossup regardless.
If you are asking about a sideswitch, then only vtrigger dive kick will change sides.

So her spin knuckle/v skill, if it crosses through you, still needs to be blocked from the side she started from?

That's what I'm mainly asking.

HiResDes

So her spin knuckle/v skill, if it crosses through you, still needs to be blocked from the side she started from?

Spin Knuckle definitely crosses up and also isn't punishable on block, you should be jabbing her out of it regularly as it's slow as shit if you don't you open yourself up to shenanigans and this is coming from a gimmicky Cammy player lol.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

You have to block it based on the side she hits you from, not the side she started on. It's not technically a cross up (I don't think) but it's a side switch.

Skab

Thanks guys.

That's how I thought it worked, but I always seem to get hit by it online and wasn't sure if it was just an online thing or of I was blocking it wrong.

Marvel

could never
What makes Juri so bad? never really tried her in V much. Her buttons stuff so much of what I want to do, plus her god-like jab AA remains.

I'm free to her.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
What makes Juri so bad? never really tried her in V much. Her buttons stuff so much of what I want to do, plus her god-like jab AA remains.

I'm free to her.
I've been fighting some really good* ones lately. At this point the only people still playing her are the good ones.

*good relative to my skill and rank

I assume one complaint about her is that she's a lot of work relative to her damage output.

Kashiwaba

I wish capcom would allow you to change characters in ranking/casual between matches you know something like setting 3 or 4 favorite characters and you have 5 secs to choose between them if you lose The match.

HardRojo

With the new patch charge moves will have an easier time coming out, right? I hate losing my charge when I try to input an EX reversal and it doesn't come out for whatever reason.

With the new patch charge moves will have an easier time coming out, right? I hate losing my charge when I try to input an EX reversal and it doesn't come out for whatever reason.

You will have a longer window to press the button after doing the motion, so if you are doing the motion too early on reversal then the patch may help you.

Marvel

could never
I've been fighting some really good* ones lately. At this point the only people still playing her are the good ones.

*good relative to my skill and rank

I assume one complaint about her is that she's a lot of work relative to her damage output.
Yeah me too.

Don't know mu because she's so damn rare in my bracket.

Spuck-uk

Banned

I'm free to her.

She does nothing well. She has to charge up stocks in order to get less damage most of the cast. There's just nothing threatening about her at all.

Her V-trigger install no longer has any combos compared to SF4, her fireball, singular, is weak. She's a bit like Cammy, but worse at everything.

Somehow they decided in season 2.5, that Juri lost her best anti-air, while receiving no buffs.

Kashiwaba

She does nothing well. She has to charge up stocks in order to get less damage most of the cast. There's just nothing threatening about her at all.

Her V-trigger install no longer has any combos compared to SF4, her fireball, singular, is weak. She's a bit like Cammy, but worse at everything.

Somehow they decided in season 2.5, that Juri lost her best anti-air, while receiving no buffs.
I think the buffed her DP.

Kashiwaba

I see no difference between online play in the beta and the last time I played retail SFV.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Well SFV online is actually good outside the few incidents of one sided rollback, what needed to be fixed is random disconnections, error to receive data, faster match making and loading times.

Marvel

could never

Ahh ok.

Edzi

How many scrub diamond players do we have here? I think I'm going to start practicing a bit more seriously from now on, and aiming for the heads of the diamond scrubs seems like a good goal.

I don't think I have the fortitude nor motivation to make it to Diamond (let alone platinum). Playing ranked in fighting games rages me/ is just not fun (and i was turned off during the period where people could just rage quit and get zero penalty, thanks Capcom). Even though in reality it doesn't matter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom