• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

Uh.. I don't post here coz (imo) this game is ass but I randomly saw /r/Kappa talking about Huw_Dawson 'FSP' and his breakdown on twitter. I dunno if he posts in this thread but if anyone from FGC-gaf knows him get in touch. I knew he used to be active in fgc weekly threads around the time he had the match with Gandhi
https://twitter.com/Huw_Dawson

Skab

I like how you come here to tell us someone might be in trouble, but still feel the need to take the time to call SFV ass. Thanks man.

Huw does still post in here, but I haven't seen him around lately. Hopefully someone knows a way to get in touch and check on him.

MrCarter

He posts here sometimes. Mate Huw_Dawson get some rest man and stop playing for awhile. Watch some good movies, preferably animated - it's a much more passive form of media that will relax you and won't make you question your life.

Huw_Dawson, if you can read this, I meant what I said on twitter.

I've felt exactly the way you felt where it just feels pointless to do anything or continue on. That nothing you've done has mattered and that you just aren't capable of doing anything that matters. But THAT IS NOT TRUE. There are people in your life that care about you, you have friends and you have a job. That is a more than a LOT of people can say.

So you had a bad day, that happens to the best of us. Just try not to dwell on anything, and don't let the bad thoughts clump up. Let them out, share them with the people in your life so they know what you're going through. This isn't something you can deal with on your own, no matter how hard you might try or how tough you might think you are.

We miss you man.

giphy.gif

Such a stupid character.

Is Balrog getting nerfed?

*Looks at new patch note*

Oh for fuck sake Capcom.

Why you pressin buttons??

Nah, dude is crazy. I'm not at the level to be facing Rogs like that so, so far he's cool with me. I've seen enough video though to understand the hate. 50% damage, corner carry and 90% stun. Wow.

Kashiwaba

Why you pressin buttons??

Nah, dude is crazy. I'm not at the level to be facing Rogs like that so, so far he's cool with me. I've seen enough video though to understand the hate. 50% damage, corner carry and 90% stun. Wow.

But he is not robust enough capcpom might give him an air throw to make him more robust :0.

There's something off about Kolin's hurtbox or model. I'm just constantly misjudging my actual distance from her. I accidentally whiff more normals against her than any other character.

mbpm1

There's something off about Kolin's hurtbox or model. I'm just constantly misjudging my actual distance from her. I accidentally whiff more normals against her than any other character.

I recall seeing something once about how her hurtbox is actually her idle stance aka not the one she does where she bends over but the one where she pulls back and stands up straighter

something confusing like that

Sayad

The tell for where Kolin's hurtbox start is her face, it start with her face, so looking at her stance, her entire extended arm during idle is hurtboxless.

Femto.

Yup. I loved Injustice 1 but it clearly had it's problems.

Injustice 2 is fixing literally every single on those problems. Pace of the game is better, better movement options, tools to counter zoning, more varied playstyles, fantastic visuals, COLOUR (JESUS CHRIST IJ1 had no colour), faces look terrific, buttloads of customization, lots of DLC characters, robust online and FANTASTIC netcode.

I've played MKXL's new netcode, it's up there with Killer Instinct and Skullgirls as one of the best. The beta was also terrific, SonicFox played matches with Foxy Grandpa from the UK and they said that the match felt very smooth.
Seeing as how much NRS loves zoners and patching their games so damn much holds me back from buying. I hated Inj 1 because of characters like Superman and Deathstroke.

Goddamn it, now I'm reinstalling SF5.

This Juri lady looks really fun.
Dude, you sound like an addict.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Yeah seriously. Demonstrations is an awful teaching tool. It would be better if they scrapped it and created a robust tutorial mode in its stead.

They werent necessarily meant to be teaching tools. In some fighting games trials are just that. 'Can you do this'.

- New character (story mode, trials, demo, and whatever costumes they bring)
- Thailand stage
- Maybe CFN update (not confirmed for this month yet but they did say shortly after, so probably)
- 2.01 patch
- Schoolboy/girl costumes
- Additional updates to stages like breaking boxes and other QoL improvements like saving training mode stuff.

And there's a possibility of new trials and demos getting dropped on us for that sweet, sweet FM rush. Fairly meaty. That leaves them to hype shit up for May, with an update in July, and so on.

Edzi

i thought every alex knew his options to beat meaties, he only has like 2 knockdown scenarios

I should know these things, but I tend to just wing it most of the time and pick things up as I play. I do know I get a meaty f.hp after ex.chop, but my timing on that is shit and the hitbox is wonky so it only connects at point blank range.

sounds good

You're getting Urien'd hard right now and it hurts to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom