• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Producer

I should know these things, but I tend to just wing it most of the time and pick things up as I play. I do know I get a meaty f.hp after ex.chop, but my timing on that is shit and the hitbox is wonky so it only connects at point blank range.

You're getting Urien'd hard right now and it hurts to watch.

lol its my own fault. Could have closed the round a few times but i messed up

You're literally mashing cr. lk on wakeup. I need to figure out my meaty timings quick, since that should be free damage for me.

Haha ima keep doing it till you punish it :p i hate when that happens to me too..

Xeteh

If it was my choice, I could see them being moved to Vol 2 but with Capcpom who knows, wouldn't be surprised if they left everything already out in a separate section and whatever is coming in the new one.

Not sure why anyone would bring me up on r/Kappa, they have actually relevant people to crack jokes about.

Got a few messages this morning on here and elsewhere. Thanks for folks' concern.

Basically the situation is that I have two major events coming up - Paris, then Glasgow - for SFV and I am sitting online getting into these super dark moods because of the stress.

Not healthy at all.

As it stands I feel like I have gone absolutely nowhere in this game for a few months. That lack of improvement is what set me off last night.

Xeteh

Not sure why anyone would bring me up on r/Kappa, they have actually relevant people to crack jokes about.

Got a few messages this morning on here and elsewhere. Thanks for folks' concern.

Basically the situation is that I have two major events coming up - Paris, then Glasgow - for SFV and I am sitting online getting into these super dark moods because of the stress.

Not healthy at all.

As it stands I feel like I have gone absolutely nowhere in this game for a few months. That lack of improvement is what set me off last night.

Don't drive yourself crazy, just do you and body fools.

Edzi

Producer, you have to tell me how to stop your pressure. It feels like Alex straight up doesn't get a turn against your Chun unless you mess up. Jab into micro walk into jab feels like an infinite. I also don't understand how to deal with her fireball, it feels like it just extends pressure for free.

Btw, it's obvious to me now after all the sets I've played against a few Chun players here that you're the best Chun in this thread when going against my Alex. I can actually stand a chance against vulva, but not you and it's not even close, so I wonder if my opinion of the matchup is skewed by you or if it's really just that hopeless for Alex. I do pretty well with any other character against you too, it's just Alex that struggles.

EDIT: GGs.

Me doing me is losing in dumb ways.

Don't forget you're playing a video game. Those are supposed to be fun.

Xeteh

I have a
mildly
mean Birdie too!!

I actually watched Huw's videos for my Birdie :D

I should do that. Birdie was a character I considered trying to learn because I'm way in to the super squishy characters like Cammy but I don't have the inputs to back it up. So I ended up settling on Necalli. I love Cammy but its hard to play a character that has such a low threshold for mistakes. Necalli is a healthy middle but I still sit here and try to learn characters like Ibuki and Kolin.

Shackzam

Got tied for 7th at my regions mix-up monthly and it was a pretty fun experience. Actually got to meet one of the gaf members, Curlyw, on here that I didn't realize I've seen before at other tourney's
(Not sure if he looks at this thread or just the fighting game one lol)
. Just gotta get better, probably pick up a second character for balrogs bad match-ups.

Xeteh

Got tied for 7th at my regions mix-up monthly and it was a pretty fun experience. Actually got to meet one of the gaf members, Curlyw, on here that I didn't realize I've seen before at other tourney's
(Not sure if he looks at this thread or just the fighting game one lol)
. Just gotta get better, probably pick up a second character for balrogs bad match-ups.

... Balrog has bad matchups?

Grats on your tourney play!

Producer

Producer, you have to tell me how to stop your pressure. It feels like Alex straight up doesn't get a turn against your Chun unless you mess up. Jab into micro walk into jab feels like an infinite. I also don't understand how to deal with her fireball, it feels like it just extends pressure for free.

Btw, it's obvious to me now after all the sets I've played against a few Chun players here that you're the best Chun in this thread when going against my Alex. I can actually stand a chance against vulva, but not you and it's not even close, so I wonder if my opinion of the matchup is skewed by you or if it's really just that hopeless for Alex. I do pretty well with any other character against you too, it's just Alex that struggles.

EDIT: GGs.

Don't forget you're playing a video game. Those are supposed to be fun.

GGs man. The kikoken is good for pressure but its very risky as well. In fact i think one thing i need to work on is not rely on it too much because i leave myself open to a 300 dmg jump in. Also some characters can interrupt that block string but not alex, well i dont think he can anyway.

Edzi

GGs man. The kikoken is good for pressure but its very risky as well. In fact i think one thing i need to work on is not rely on it too much because i leave myself open to a 300 dmg jump in. Also some characters can interrupt that block string but not alex, well i dont think he can anyway.

The thing with the fireball though is that I have to make a hard read to get the jump in, and if I'm wrong I'm getting swatted out of the air. I know a lot of Chun players say her AA light was severely nerfed, but I find that it still works enough of the time to make me wary of jumping at her too much.

It's just hard to know when to press a button against you with a character who's got no reversal and no 3 framer, especially since you've got some crazy reactions that let you confirm off of randomly connecting lights. Oh, and Chun completely negates Alex's chop on block since her cr. lk has enough range to punish it at almost any range, so that took me a long ass time to adjust to.

Not healthy at all.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling like that.

Please consider talking with somebody that can help you work out a way to manage that stress. As you say, it is not healthy at all.

Xeteh

Fuck I love playing Kolin. I'm garbage but I have decent reactions... her fierce counter basically is free anti air at my garbage tier level of play. It makes me feel like I know what I'm doing.

Xeteh

It's all fun and games until the big tournament is only a few days away and you are sitting there getting wrecked online.

It's still a game. It's just a tournament. Losing isn't a big deal.

Seriously. I'm garbage tier and I still get super frustrated because I expect to be better. It happens to everyone, don't take it personally.

You even made the joke:

You're a guy that plays fighting games, shit gets frustrating and everyone gets that. Don't take it personally, don't beat yourself up too hard. Go get bodied at a tournament and then learn from those mistakes. Get out of your own head.

Obviously everyone is right and I should chill. It is really hard for me to chill on this though.

I feel like I can only be happy with this bonkers decision I made to take SF very seriously once I get somewhere competitively. And as it stands I am going nowhere - that is intensely frustrating and it is where the stress comes from.

It is not the game, it is the 'why am I losing to this' which gets me. It is the feeling of being impotent and powerless to do anything because I don't 'get' the game. That there is something between me and actually playing alright that I can't overcome.

That is what is setting me off. The fact that this is SF, just a video game, and not some other hobby is not the issue.

Marvel

could never
I'm an addict for crush counters... so satisfying!

I'd like to add that something I think Gootecks said recently about salt. If you get angry or upset about losing, that's passion. Kinda agree.

I get super down sometimes too, and silently very angry when I get bodied. I'm not very good at fighters but I am passionate about them. I play and talk about them all the time and have only just understood my passion for the genre. I need to use some mid-game meditation or some shit to lift my spirits like Tokido does lol

Wish I could get out and about to locals and worldwide trnys but sadly I just can't.

This community is great though.

Vent here or ask advice, always someone here that offers kind words or tips.

MrCarter

I'm not very good at fighters but I am passionate about them. I play and talk about them all the time and have only just understood my passion for the genre. I need to use some mid-game meditation or some shit to lift my spirits like Tokido does lol

I'm basically this too. I'm not a very technical fighting game player and I wouldn't even say I'm even gold rank level on SFV but man do I love fighting games. I would say I'm that mid ground between being a competent enough player that has a lot of passion and general knowledge about fighting games and that scrubby casual.

Village

tell me sim combos

Unless you wear headphones because then you'd need hearing aids after watching those fights.

There is a level of passion i'm not hearing in my own language that I need

I need them dudes at evo

I need them dudes at CPT,

If people like me worried about no changes to the netcode. There is slowdown that isn't present in the current one. Maybe because I'm playing with Gold and Silver players who's PC aren't as good? It is annoying when I see rollback starting to take effect.

Marvel

could never
If people like me worried about no changes to the netcode. There is slowdown that isn't present in the current one. Maybe because I'm playing with Gold and Silver players who's PC aren't as good? It is annoying when I see rollback starting to take effect.
Different PC builds won't effect netcode, their router/modem setup sure but not the hardware.

Different PC builds won't effect netcode, their router/modem setup sure but not the hardware.

Well, to be fair, having a computer that struggles to run the game probably will have a negative impact on the online experience, for both players. It's silly that the game doesn't require a benchmark before going online, like SFIV did. KI doesn't even let you play online if your PC is not up to snuff.

That said, if you are always running into people with poor connections, then it's probably you who have a poor connection.

Marvel

could never
Ucchedavāda;233269008 said:
Well, to be fair, having a computer that struggles to run the game probably will have a negative impact on the online experience, for both players. It's silly that the game doesn't require a benchmark before going online, like SFIV did. KI doesn't even let you play online if your PC is not up to snuff.

That said, if you are always running into people with poor connections, then it's probably you who have a poor connection.
I thought it might just effect loading times... damn.

Well, no. The netcode tries to keep you in sync, so if one client is dropping frames left and right, that performance will also be reflected in the other client.

mbpm1

Fuck I love playing Kolin. I'm garbage but I have decent reactions... her fierce counter basically is free anti air at my garbage tier level of play. It makes me feel like I know what I'm doing.

I'm still garbage at using it in actual play. I'm garbage at anti-airing with kolin in general, maybe bc people at my level always jump crossup when they jump at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom