• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korezo

Anyone want to play? I just use Akuma now because its the only character I like now. I'm bad and haven't played in a while, so I'm gonna be real terrible for a few matches then will probably get a 1% improvement.

Took a little break for a couple of weeks to do almost exclusive training mode. Been working on my fundamentals, calmness, footsies, anti-air and execution along with watching videos of anyone good who plays Nash and I'm destroying out there a little bit. Been a while since I've been able to dominate like that. Feels good. I went in thinking I was going to lose a lot. I hope I can not only keep it up but continue to improve.

I think I need someone to play long sets with every now and then or even regularly.
you can add me...PSN is Omnicloud but I might be playing under a different name once I log back in, I'll let you know. I love long sets

Lol no shit it's soon. Why would he even bother with that tweet?

Probably because Capcom has a history of "forgetting" to drop trailers and inform people about the DLC.

But then again, Capcom has been (fairly) on time as of late so I don't know why it matters.

for sure but i wonder if they have different priorities

"Ono-san (or whoever the head honcho is for this game), the team came up with this great design for a Birdie costume. Makes him look like a 1920's New York mob boss."

"That's nice. Scrap it and make another costume for Chun-Li and Cammy."

I mean NCR is this weekend, which was where the Alex trailer dropped last year.

Thats pretty soon.

Alex trailer didn't actually drop at NCR. People were really pissed about that.

Trailer came out like a few hours before the character was officially available. I remember Garrett Hawke had the patch downloaded, and made and released a trailer on youtube before Capcom did.

Then they said that they're gonna work on their communication and trailers for DLC characters, and they did for a time. But as is the case with Capcom: "1 step forward, 2 steps back."

Hey, at least he answers questions.
Blame Capcom for the fact that he is not actually allowed to share any concrete information.

"Ono-san (or whoever the head honcho is for this game), the team came up with this great design for a Birdie costume. Makes him look like a 1920's New York mob boss."

"That's nice. Scrap it and make another costume for Chun-Li and Cammy."

Ryu too. And Juri, surprisingly enough, who is getting a ton of costumes. Once the April's Fool costumes drop they'll both have the same number of costumes as Cammy, and Chun-Li will be in the lead.

Wait wtf? Something was revealed at NCR.

I know it was Final Round where everyone thought the Alex trailer would drop. Even Infiltration called them out.

what the heck am I thinking of then?

Wait wtf? Something was revealed at NCR.

I know it was Final Round where everyone thought the Alex trailer would drop. Even Infiltration called them out.

what the heck am I thinking of then?

Final Round came, and that whole Infiltration thing happened. Nothing was shown.

Then people were like "OK, so Capcom didn't show anything at Final Round. CLEARLY, they've learned that people want a trailer and it would make logical sense that they'd show it at NCR!"

But Capcom was like "Filthy Gaijin"

What happened with Infiltration?

Everyone knew that Alex was the first DLC character, and everyone REALLY wanted to see something for Alex.

When Infiltration won Final Round, during the interview he said he wants to see an "AREX TRAIRUR!".

Everybody got real hype and then a misunderstanding happened, making people think that they're actually gonna show a trailer. Rashid's theme played, and nothing showed up on the big screen.

Everybody realized "OK, they ain't showing shit!" and then just cut the broadcast short, didn't even finish the prize giving ceremony if I remember correctly.

MrCarter

Alex trailer didn't actually drop at NCR. People were really pissed about that.

Trailer came out like a few hours before the character was officially available. I remember Garrett Hawke had the patch downloaded, and made and released a trailer on youtube before Capcom did.

Then they said that they're gonna work on their communication and trailers for DLC characters, and they did for a time. But as is the case with Capcom: "1 step forward, 2 steps back."

Well to be fair, after that whole fiasco they did. We had a trailer for every character before they were released apart from Alex. Can't forget the hype Ibuki, Balrog and Urien/Juri reveals.

https://youtu.be/A3kMCB43EGc

Li-Joe lost his damn mind lol

And until it hits the final week of this month, they still have time, whether or not it shows up at NCR. That'd be preferable, but so long as we get some information I'm cool.

I'm pretty sure people out there are already lighting their "late DLC" torches in anticipation of another Ibuki incident.

Probably a thread in Gaming Discussion already typed, proofread, and readied up for May 1st.

It's good that he tweeted that, even though no one wants to admit it.

Ucchedavāda;233860308 said:
Hey, at least he answers questions.
Blame Capcom for the fact that he is not actually allowed to share any concrete information.

Why would you "blame Capcom" for doing what pretty much every company on earth does? No company makes announcements before their internally planned announcement date.

MrCarter

For me it was definitely Balrog's as we had 3 reveals in one trailer. That, Li-Joe's and the crowds reaction was priceless. Nobody could have emulated that.

Why would you "blame Capcom" for doing what pretty much every company on earth does? No company makes announcements before their internally planned announcement date.

The blame is not for them sticking to their planned announcement date, it is for how they have scheduled the announcement in the first place. As in, if Capcom had not planned for such a late announcement, then Diamonon (or Harrison, or whoever) would have been able to share information.

No, with FANG, when they revealed his official art, people were hype because he looked badass. The actual character video of him prancing around and acting like a bird soured most of that hype.
I loved how the character was a wack job but didn't Fuck around when it came to fighting.

The "2 minutes. I'll finish you in 2 minutes." Line is still fantastic.

Ryce

No, with FANG, when they revealed his official art, people were hype because he looked badass. The actual character video of him prancing around and acting like a bird soured most of that hype.
I much prefer F.A.N.G as a crazy person than another serious Chinese assassin like Gen.

What do you mean "for a time"? Since Alex, every character reveal has been done in advance and done well. Akuma was awesome. Kolin basically had a pre-release party.

And, the only real problem with Alex was that people were too damn hype to wait. It was ridiculous. We already knew the character was coming, he was already downloaded and ready for release, but that wasn't the important part. No, the TRAILER is what we really care about! Let's get mad about that!

Seriously, Capcom is pretty much doing what every other FG company does. SNK, ArcSys, Namco...all of them are silent for long periods of time, and then suddenly "Oh hey, new character. Here's a trailer."

Ucchedavāda;233862794 said:
The blame is not for them sticking to their planned announcement date, it is for how they have scheduled the announcement in the first place. As in, if Capcom had not planned for such a late announcement, then Diamonon (or Harrison, or whoever) would have been able to share information.

The announcement isn't "late" just because you wanna hear it now.

LakeEarth

I much prefer F.A.N.G as a crazy person than another serious Chinese assassin like Gen.

I wouldn't want another Gen, but may somewhere in middle?

FANG rubbed me the wrong way because it reminded me of Zant from Zelda:Twilight Princess, introduced as a stoic badass villain, but when you go to fight him he's suddenly a complete goof.

MrCarter

What do you mean "for a time"? Since Alex, every character reveal has been done in advance and done well. Akuma was awesome. Kolin basically had a pre-release party.

And, the only real problem with Alex was that people were too damn hype to wait. It was ridiculous. We already knew the character was coming, he was already downloaded and ready for release, but that wasn't the important part. No, the TRAILER is what we really care about! Let's get mad about that!

Ah yes, now I remember. I thought it was very bizarre that people were more interested in watching a trailer than actually playing the character. Pretty much sums up Alex to be honest.

Capcom also usually doesn't like sharing media time with their other games. Seems like some days, or weeks, are dedicated to certain games first and foremost. Exceptions apply, but now that Ultra is already dated and done, SFV gets cycled back in the spotlight.

Just wish Marvel would get some of that limelight.

MCD250

I also remember the hype when characters who hadn't been around for a million years were revealed, like Karin and Mika. A lot of people were excited about that.

You just can't replicate that level of energy and excitement when you're doing all new characters. There is just something really, really cool about seeing a character who's really old but hasn't appeared in a game in like 20 years suddenly come back.

It is when I'm the Bronze champion and everyone in this thread is way higher.

Maybe people are lying but my impression is that most people who have been active in SFV threads since the launch last year are a lot better than I am. I've also fought most people in lounges or lobbies from this thread.
I'll play everyone who wants to play if I can find the time, I'm "ultra bronze" because I stopped playing ranked a year a go and get most of my games offline.
Add me on Steam if you want to play, so you can shoot me a message without having to check here.

Ryce

I also remember the hype when characters who hadn't been around for a million years were revealed, like Karin and Mika. A lot of people were excited about that.

You just can't replicate that level of energy and excitement when you're doing all new characters. There is just something really, really cool about seeing a character who's really old but hasn't appeared in a game in like 20 years suddenly come back.
I'm looking forward to seeing Abigail reimagined as a Street Fighter character.

Hueytothe

I honestly dont think a character is coming at the end of the month, like if they said no character this month i would not be surprised.

I honestly dont think a character is coming at the end of the month, like if they said no character this month i would not be surprised.

Nothing indicates a character isn't coming this month. We still have another week grace period, John D knows enough to say they'll have an announcement soon (and tbf, he's never really been wrong), and the schedule is usually the middle or second to last week is when they drop information on us, and then release the last week. Y'all are getting too ansty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom