• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter0611

What are you thinking? I would assume he's in NY for business or on vacation and decided to drop by.
Heh, my comment was basically in response to Art (or Yipes?) calling it random. But yeah, I figure it's business related and maybe related to an upcoming announcement. The optimist in me was hoping it was regarding the next character. Actually, it would be pretty sick if they revealed one of the remaining S2 characters at a big local like NLBC or WNF.

So this happened. Didn't realize Gainax was part of the SFV production
giphy.gif

MCD250

Weird question: does anybody know how +/- Charlie is when he does his sMP xx LK target combo without finishing it with HP? I see Bonchan score counterhits often after doing it.

Xeteh

This thread needs more garbage players. I got bodied by almost everyone in this thread around launch but I'm still shit and I don't want to waste peoples' time.

Xeteh

It's not wasting time if one of you gets better at the game.

Or if you're both having fun.

It is when I'm the Bronze champion and everyone in this thread is way higher.

Maybe people are lying but my impression is that most people who have been active in SFV threads since the launch last year are a lot better than I am. I've also fought most people in lounges or lobbies from this thread.

Learn from ShinMaruku.

He only cares about the waifus and doesn't care how good he is.
It is when I'm the Bronze champion and everyone in this thread is way higher.

Maybe people are lying but my impression is that most people who have been active in SFV threads since the launch last year are a lot better than I am. I've also fought most people in lounges or lobbies from this thread.
There's nothing wrong with that.

There's also a bunch of Bronze, Silver and Gold level players in this thread. Though I don't know if they're close enough to you to have a playable connection online.

Village

Does Laura have an effective infinite against MIKA?

Because i'm playing laura's online and this shit makes no sense, i'm pressing litterally every button using special moves and she is pressing standing medium kick and low medium kick and mika can't do anything. The only thing that actually works is ex lariat and that shit costs meter. This shit is an actual problem

Xeteh

Learn from ShinMaruku.

There's also a bunch of Bronze, Silver and Gold level players in this thread. Though I don't know if they're close enough to you to have a playable connection online.

I know I'm shit at the game though, I feel bad asking people to spend time fighting against me. I like being able to fight people and get feedback but I get too nervous just queuing up to fight randoms. Ladder anxiety is real, I've quit playing SC2, Dota 2 and other games because of it.

Think of it this way. If a person knows how bad/good you are and still agrees to play with you then that's because they WANT to play with you. Clearly it doesn't matter to them how good/bad you are so just focus on the match and nothing else.

For Ranked though, my suggestion would be to just not let it affect you. SF's league system can get frustrating and give unnecessary pressure if you let it, just try not to even look at the points and just treat every match as a separate encounter.

Unrelated but it saddens me to learn that Scarecrow in Injustice 2 will get a crow/plague doctor-esque costume before FANG does :(

Village

Learn from ShinMaruku.

Loosing isnt fun when your getting mollywopped by someone far and above your skill level

And you arent really learning anything either

True, playing against someone of higher skill without being able to communicate doesn't lead to anything learned.

It would be so convenient if lounges had an optional voice chat system. Like when you finish both rounds and the game is waiting for both to accept and continue, you can talk together in that brief window to share some strategies or tips on what you were doing right or wrong. It would be a great QoL feature I think, and wouldn't require people to join a party on PS4 or anything if they don't want to as you can't hear them while actually playing.

Xeteh

For Ranked though, my suggestion would be to just not let it affect you. SF's league system can get frustrating and give unnecessary pressure if you let it, just try not to even look at the points and just treat every match as a separate encounter.

I can't really explain it. I don't give a shit about the points or wins/losses but I legit freeze up thinking about queuing up for ranked/casuals. I'm not even joking, its why I don't play pretty much any competitive game. In early seasons of WoW's arena I hit really high ranks in my battlegroup but it was because of the people I played with, if not for them I would have never bothered. I stressed every time we played to the point where I warned them ahead of time we might lose the first few matches.

My best season of SC2 was between the first and second season when rank didn't matter. I went from silver to platinum and then didn't play much more than a couple matches.

The anxiety is real, I guess its because I worry what random people think of me and I don't want them to talk shit. If I ask for help or play random people here, I know I'm gonna be bad and I know people aren't expecting much. I've had tons of people give advice and people like QCFx2 even straight up coached me. I just get super stressed fighting randoms, I don't get it but it happens.

Village

True, playing against someone of higher skill without being able to communicate doesn't lead to anything learned.

It would be so convenient if lounges had an optional voice chat system. Like when you finish both rounds and the game is waiting for both to accept and continue, you can talk together in that brief window to share some strategies or tips on what you were doing right or wrong. It would be a great QoL feature I think, and wouldn't require people to join a party on PS4 or anything if they don't want to as you can't hear them while actually playing.
What I need is a character by character based rank system.

Does Laura have an effective infinite against MIKA?

Because i'm playing laura's online and this shit makes no sense, i'm pressing litterally every button using special moves and she is pressing standing medium kick and low medium kick and mika can't do anything. The only thing that actually works is ex lariat and that shit costs meter. This shit is an actual problem
Standing MK is -2 OB and crouching is -1. Start taking your turn.

Edzi

Standing MK is -2 OB and crouching is -1. Start taking your turn.

st mk is secretly +3.

Seriously though, it's not as simple as that. That normal, despite being -2, can be spammed and beats out most other moves, so you see most Laura's (even in high levels) mash the hell out of it. I'm guessing it's a combination of a weird hitbox and too much pushback.

For the past few weeks I've been getting blown up with stupid shit. Time to hit the Time Chamber and train. No more getting tilted after seven matches.

I have been and then I get kneed.

The timing on the blockstun is kinda weird with that move, on top of the shifting hurtbox, so you'll simply have to grind it out. I would suggest going to the training room and trying out every move, until you find something that works reliably. I did a quick look, and Mika's stLP (EDIT: and stLK) seems to work quite consistently if Laura presses stMK again, except maybe at the most extreme range. Mika's crMK also seems to work, but the timing is harder.

Hutchie

This thread needs more garbage players. I got bodied by almost everyone in this thread around launch but I'm still shit and I don't want to waste peoples' time.

Im garbage! Can barely throw break, use v-reversal or trigger correctly or open up defensive players!

This game really really needs more stuff to do offline. Heck do dailys to be completed offline! Capcom have gone quiet again!

The 6ms lag and netcode is probably to be blamed. I've been able to CH with a 5 frame move if I catch them spamming. But it's nothing dumb like Rashid's after a st.lk.

Pompadour

Point of order, I think you can suggest a costume for any character.

I am listening to Youtube videos talking about reading opponents today. Fascinating stuff.

Oh yeah, you're right. That's probably the only way certain characters are going to get more than three costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom