• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryce

Capcom outright said we'd be getting new character info every other month beginning in February, so we're definitely hearing something in April.

mbpm1

It seems like people are doing it much more frequently now though

the amount i got t-bagged pre-capcom cup was non-existant, but now I see it evry 5 games or so.

I honestly dont think a character is coming at the end of the month, like if they said no character this month i would not be surprised.

The character is coming with the patch. Patch is slated for the end of the current month. If something causes the patch to get delayed for whatever reason, character will be also. But, character schedule is still on track for every other month. Beta might have brought up things on several fronts that need to be addressed that they weren't aware of prior.

I know ya'll are anxious, and you have good reason to be (they really should let their CMs communicate more at moments like this) but like i've said before, their English speaking teams are severely handcuffed by their devs.

Kikirin

The character is coming with the patch. Patch is slated for the end of the current month. If something causes the patch to get delayed for whatever reason, character will be also. But, character schedule is still on track for every other month. Beta might have brought up things on several fronts that need to be addressed that they weren't aware of prior.

I know ya'll are anxious, and you have good reason to be (they really should let their CMs communicate more at moments like this) but like i've said before, their English speaking teams are severely handcuffed by their devs.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Kashiwaba

It seems like people are doing it much more frequently now though

the amount i got t-bagged pre-capcom cup was non-existant, but now I see it evry 5 games or so.

I never take t-bagging seriously, taunts are three insults, they are the ones which piss me off the most.

So you are saying Balrog is getting nerfs, huh?

mbpm1

Final Round came, and that whole Infiltration thing happened. Nothing was shown.

Then people were like "OK, so Capcom didn't show anything at Final Round. CLEARLY, they've learned that people want a trailer and it would make logical sense that they'd show it at NCR!"

But Capcom was like "Filthy Gaijin"
You forget that whoever was on capcomfighters twitch said flat out, "stay tuned for NCR!" At the end of the final round stream.

And ofc, nothing.

Source

LpGqjnf.png

I see no lies.

Skilletor

Went to an arcade that had 3s h2h setups this weekend. This guy kept taunting me with Ken, and I was like ...okay, tough guy. Then I remembered taunts gave you buffs in 3s and I laughed.

Village

My favorite new character is probably necalli if kolin doesnt count as new, if she does, they are tied. Kolin and Necalli have like the best new designs.

I have eternal respect for Matt Edwards, who does his job for not great money purely for the love of the game. IMO him and the other CMs should be allowed greater access to be able to relay info from the dev team.

Village

" we created this cool bad guy, what should we have him do in the story"

" oh we spent all the story budget and we have literally no more time?"

"...SHIT"

Village

I would have liked it better if instead of a stutter, it was inhuman like record scratching and like remix and like synthesizing coming out of his mouth, he's supposed to be multiple people, they should have played that up

Also it isn't army guys, I think Guile and Nash are cool , byron looks jaa wack

I would have liked it better if instead of a stutter, it was inhuman like record scratching and like remix and like synthesizing coming out of his mouth, he's supposed to be multiple people, they should have played that up

Also it isn't army guys, I think Guile and Nash are cool , byron looks jaa wack

Is Necalli actually supposed to be multiple people? I could easily be mis-remembering, but from what I recall it was more that he absorbed the strength of other people.

Is it possible to play against a bot or something tool assisted on PS4? I have suspicions about a player I'm often matched against.

Programmable controllers do exist for PS4, such as the CronusMAX Plus, that allow you to pre-program combo-strings. I believe that ToolAssisted has used such a controller. I can't think of a way that would allow you to implement something like KenBot on a PS4, but maybe you could cheat the server into thinking that you are on PS4 even though you are on PC.

Village

Ucchedavāda;233878772 said:
Is Necalli actually supposed to be multiple people? I could easily be mis-remembering, but from what I recall it was more that he absorbed the strength of other people.

If your soul is strong enough, you can break him and like come out, that's why he stutters, he absorbed some strong guy, that's in his story and it messed him up.

So basically he SF Ermac, to which again if he was on some " We will devour you , i am legion " shit with multiple voices he would be way cooler

Final Round came, and that whole Infiltration thing happened. Nothing was shown.

Then people were like "OK, so Capcom didn't show anything at Final Round. CLEARLY, they've learned that people want a trailer and it would make logical sense that they'd show it at NCR!"

But Capcom was like "Filthy Gaijin"
Yeah, I could have sworn they missed two different tournaments at which to reveal Alex. One had like 100K viewers and the other had like 80K viewers iirc. Factor in audiences and stream monsters cheering for an Alex trailer and you get a nice, fat clusterfuck. Easily the most mishandled DLC character release I can think of.

Ucchedavāda;233878772 said:
Programmable controllers do exist for PS4, such as the CronusMAX Plus, that allow you to pre-program combo-strings. I believe that ToolAssisted has used such a controller. I can't think of a way that would allow you to implement something like KenBot on a PS4, but maybe you could cheat the server into thinking that you are on PS4 even though you are on PC.

The username for the player does have 'bot' in it, however they're only ultra bronze and I've only been matched with them in casual. It just feels off though.

MrCarter

When Sakura is revealed for SFV, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy, make her the same age as her contemporary Karin. Which means, Capcom, she will have to ditch her school uniform.

MCD250

When Sakura is revealed for SFV, PLEASE for the love of all that is holy, make her the same age as her contemporary Karin. Which means, Capcom, she will have to ditch her school uniform.
She already appeared with her school uniform in a story mode (or two, I don't remember). The dream is dead, breh.

Village

I think she will.

You are going to pay for that sailor fuki, your waifu will cost you money.

Skab

I mean, she was 24 in SF4. They already said she just uses her highschool uniform as her gi.

Which means she'll have it 5.

Village

She already appeared with her school uniform in a story mode (or two, I don't remember). The dream is dead, breh.

That doesn't really mean anything, because one its someone elses story mode, and two characters strait up have changed outfits in model form that in story mode picture form

For example ,sean

another example that will problably happen C viper.

MrCarter

I mean, she was 24 in SF4. They already said she just uses her highschool uniform as her gi.

Which means she'll have it 5.

Download-File

I think she will.

You are going to pay for that sailor fuki, your waifu will cost you money.

Yeah I hope she loses that outfit for a more grown-up look.

In other news, we have gone mainstream boys. SFV was in a recent Al-Jazeera report - think it was from Ultimate Fighting Arena.

https://youtu.be/xd21loI43_s

Mizerman

She'll probably get a slight makeover and just retain the schoolgirl outfit for something to pay for.

Bob White

Finally. After months of off and on mixed with League of Legends I finally hit ultra plat. So...with all the point creep I'm guessing I'm really actually at Gold level. Yay...out of silver finally

Village

It wasn't dead until disloyal fans didn't buy 3 million copies of the revival to make the dream a reality.

Those disgusting, poor people!

Oh people weren't interested in a visually unorganized fighting game, who's nieche was completely over taken by three more popular and visually cohesive fighting games.

We at capcom thought we would just throw he plate out and you animals would eat it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom