• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devid905

So, is the next DLC character coming this month or some other month? Capcom been pretty quiet on that front lately. Not a single mysterious tease from Ono.......

Numb

I can't believe Skullgirls is 5 already.

In the time between Skullgirls and now tekken 1-4 would've been released.

When fighting games couldn't help themselves
And if a new one wasn't coming out you had some PS2 collection bundle every other week
How many SF alpha bundles and Neo geo battle colliseums do you want? well we got em all and more

MCD250

Feel like if the new character announcement/trailer were coming this week we'd probably have heard something by now tbh. A tweet from Capcom saying look forward to some news or what have you.

I could see it happening next week tho.

NCR announcement, maybe

Ucchedavāda;233819912 said:
They are cutting it close, if they are actually planning to release the next DLC character this month.

If they don't do anything by Saturday night next week, then they are screwed. I still feel like it'll be before Sunday.

Kashiwaba

Damn you are old.
I'm 28 now too

I remember when I was going to college up in Oregon we had a FGC club back and the main game there was SFIV as it was just released. There wasn't much of a smash scene at the time. Pretty crazy that your experience was the complete opposite.

Ya i used to play a lot of SFIV during college days with my classmates, SFIV was way more mainstream than SFV now which is ironic considering that capcom lowered the execution barrier in this game to appeal to the mainstream audience more:p

MCD250

So Mika's hurtbox moves backwards on the first 1-6 frames of her forward dash

Toolassisted
https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/852282659288080384

I'm having flashbacks to me doing a cr.MK on a Mika dashing towards me and having it totally whiff..

guess that's just more incentive for Mika's to dash forward ex command throw since the game assists you lmao

other characters might have the same, similar to S1 Nash
Feel like this has definitely happened to me while fighting Mika.

Now that I think about it, Nuckledu does a lot of dashup command throws. Wonder if he knew something we didn't.

MCD250

I bet at least one of the following will apply to the new character:

-They'll be some sort of weird semi-grappler
-They won't wear pants
-They'll have a counter/parry type V-Skill
-They'll be blonde

Unless it's Taylor in which case forget I said anything.

Ryce

I don't think Taylor is coming, but he could be a pretty unique Street Fighter character. I imagine him having a tackle mount with followups like Marduk in SFxTK, as well as a joint lock Rekka grab like Nina.

When have I led you all wrong?!

Nah just people on Twitter and 4chan claiming to be in the Illuminati but I think they bullshitting.

Logically it makes the most sense to release something this week.

Took a little break for a couple of weeks to do almost exclusive training mode. Been working on my fundamentals, calmness, footsies, anti-air and execution along with watching videos of anyone good who plays Nash and I'm destroying out there a little bit. Been a while since I've been able to dominate like that. Feels good. I went in thinking I was going to lose a lot. I hope I can not only keep it up but continue to improve.

I think I need someone to play long sets with every now and then or even regularly.

Neoxon

Took a little break for a couple of weeks to do almost exclusive training mode. Been working on my fundamentals, calmness, footsies, anti-air and execution along with watching videos of anyone good who plays Nash and I'm destroying out there a little bit. Been a while since I've been able to dominate like that. Feels good. I went in thinking I was going to lose a lot. I hope I can not only keep it up but continue to improve.

I think I need someone to play long sets with every now and then or even regularly.
Sometimes fine-tuning your basics can go a long way, I should probably do the same more often with my Urien.

That said, I hope we get a reveal at NCR this Sunday.

MCD250

Man, it's already time for NCR? How time flies. Last year's was one of the first SFV tournaments I watched. This match between Marn and Infiltration in particular sticks out.

https://youtu.be/EVDSRckhbL8

It's interesting to think of how the metagame has developed since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom