• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

Getting to level 50 is fucked, and will only take time. I did Extreme survival at like level 33, hoping I could get some type of sizable boost, only got 3 levels for urien.

You just gotta play... a lot. And there are quite a few level 50 colors I want so, its gonna be a while.

Also I wish they did more hair change colors, I gotta get a 50 geif for old gray hair geif, sucks. I can get blond chun at 25 tho

Torry

Neo Member
Ucchedavāda;233944778 said:
I would be grateful if you would also send an invite my way the next time you do a lobby.
CFN is Monochromatism, from DK.

Nice. I'm definitely up for some Norway - Denmark grudge matches.

Xeteh, you should join as well next time there's a lobby, as well as anyone else that is interested.

I find it incredibly hiarious that of all the colours they could've made Chun's hair colour for those last 2 colours, they chose blonde because this is after all Blonde Fighter 5.

Village

Ucchedavāda;233973692 said:
You monster!

I like hair change colors, i would like a red head or a white haired chun too.

Its something they did way more often in 2d games they just stopped doing.

Not just hair too, I like skin color changes. Like there is this brown skinned juri you can only unlock at 50; Though thanks to mods, juri costume 1 is dark skinned

preview_by_tanooki128-db55vzg.jpg

In short , I want them to play with colors of the characters body more, and not just outfits

myco666

Did Woolie design that mod? Oh wait, long hair nvm.

Nice. I'm definitely up for some Norway - Denmark grudge matches.

Xeteh, you should join as well next time there's a lobby, as well as anyone else that is interested.

Oh. We are having a nordic showdown?

Unless you play Chun-Li, Cammy, Juri or Ryu, there is actually a notable lack of customization to spend your money or FM on.

They're making the same mistake as Killer Instinct IMO of not having worthwhile customization options that most players will want to spend money on. Why is that so difficult for Capcom to get, that costumes are the EASIEST way for them to earn income. They require considerably less effort as compared to making a new character or a stage.

Village

I feel like having interesting customization might intice people to actually try a character

Like I said, I mained an outfit in SF4, it was THawks Halloween outfit, and I mained that outfit.

Did Woolie design that mod? Oh wait, long hair nvm.

No kenny did.

Ryce

There are so many costumes I want to see by the end of the year.
  • Nostalgia costumes for Chun-Li (Alpha), Cammy (Alpha), Vega, Karin, Dhalsim, Balrog & Juri
  • Ryu & Ken's formal wear from the art that inspired Chun-Li & Cammy's CPT costumes
  • Swimsuit costumes for Ryu, Ken, Vega, Alex, Juri, Kolin, etc.
  • Halloween costumes for M. Bison (Nazi zombie), F.A.N.G (jiangshi), Ibuki (onryo), Akuma (devil/demon), etc.
  • Holiday costumes for Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy, Birdie, Kolin, etc.
  • Battle Outfit 2 for everyone, including plague doctor F.A.N.G, jaguar warrior Necalli, Jedi-inspired Ryu & Sith-inspired Akuma

I like hair change colors, i would like a red head or a white haired chun too.

Its something they did way more often in 2d games they just stopped doing.

Not just hair too, I like skin color changes. Like there is this brown skinned juri you can only unlock at 50; Though thanks to mods, juri costume 1 is dark skinned

In short , I want them to play with colors of the characters body more, and not just outfits

You don't have to explain yourself, I am just teasing on account of the already high number of blondes in the game. ;-)
I agree, though, that it would like Capcom to be more unrestrained when it comes to costumes.

Oh. We are having a nordic showdown?
Oh, no. I am going to dishonor my country.

Unless you play Chun-Li, Cammy, Juri or Ryu, there is actually a notable lack of customization to spend your money or FM on.

They're making the same mistake as Killer Instinct IMO of not having worthwhile customization options that most players will want to spend money on. Why is that so difficult for Capcom to get, that costumes are the EASIEST way for them to earn income. They require considerably less effort as compared to making a new character or a stage.

I fully agree. I, for one, would gladly buy more costumes for characters I like to fool around with, provided that the costumes are good. I already plan on throwing down cash for the April's Fool costume for Juri, since it looks fun, unless they somehow manage to screw that up.

Village

Like with smash I get it, because you are dealing with liscences and like for example with pokemon. They can't get whatever color they want, the pokemon company have to approve it , but in sf , there is no excuse because, its juss the art teams, reluctance to actually do it

Huh, CFN is acting weird.
Just got an invitation from somebody from Brazil, who is offline, and who was last online tomorrow?

I guess it is time to take a break.

Actually, I think CFN is just not using the local timezone, since it was showing 1 AM something on the 16th, and that matches the current time in Tokyo, Japan. Still an odd invitation.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;233975896 said:
Actually, I think CFN is just not using the local timezone, since it was showing 1 AM something on the 16th, and that matches the current time in Tokyo, Japan. Still an odd invitation.

Hey, up for a game? Invited you. Let me know if anyone else up for a lobby.

Also, got my new internet in UK fellas. 100mbps download and 7mbps upload. Finally. You guys from the Nordic lands must be thinking I'm crazy with your insanely fast speeds lol.

Also, got my new internet in UK fellas. 100mbps download and 7mbps upload. Finally. You guys from the Nordic lands must be thinking I'm crazy with your insanely fast speeds lol.

Sorry, didn't see your post.
Yes, I am up for some matches.

Good stuff, your Juri is solid. I was on he edge of my seat at times lol. Plus the connection was good too.

Thanks and likewise!
I'm trying switch from Rog to Juri, since I don't feel like I am getting any better by playing Rog (he is too easy to just go ham with, for me).

And good to hear. There was a bit of rollback in the beginning, but that might have been because of me. My connection was acting weird yesterday.

MrCarter

Ucchedavāda;233978602 said:
Thanks and likewise!
I'm trying switch from Rog to Juri, since I don't feel like I am getting any better by playing Rog (he is too easy to just go ham with, for me).

And good to hear. There was a bit of rollback in the beginning, but that might have been because of me. My connection was acting weird yesterday.

GG's man - sorry had to go, they were fun and close games lol. Capcom needs a in-game messaging system FFS. You're Juri is pretty strong! Watch some Infiltration vids if you want to improve. I'm gonna hopefully switch to Kolin soon but need to find time to train her up.

GG's man - sorry had to go, they were fun and close games lol. Capcom needs a in-game messaging system FFS. You're Juri is pretty strong! Watch some Infiltration vids if you want to improve. I'm gonna hopefully switch to Kolin soon but need to find time to train her up.

GGs and don't worry about it.

Yeah, I definitely need to watch more videos. Sadly I haven't been able to find anyone who streams with her regularly, which has been my go-to for learning other characters, but at least CFN makes it easy to spy on high-level players.

Good luck with your Kolin and feel free to send me an invite whenever you want to spar.

Torry

Neo Member

Gratz. What did you have before? You've already passed me, rocking a 30 mbps down - 30 mbps up here.

Also ready for some games now if anyone's interested!

Vega players still live and die (mostly) by the slide even if it's even more punishable in season 2 ^^
You can't play Guile and not like to throw fireballs.

You can't play Zangief and not like to command grab.

You can't play Bison and not like to Devil's reverse.

You can't play Ken and not like random stuff.

You can't play Alex and not like garbage.

You can't play F.A.N.G and not like losing.

You can't play Vega and not like to slide.

Yesterday friend came over we played a lot of games, I beat his ass with Alex, I can't beat him online with Alex, I have a losing record against him online, offline I went 16-3 with Alex beating his Main and Secondary, he called Alex Top Tier hahahahaha...Yesterday i loved this game because it plays awesome offline, today i hate this Pile of shit, Netcode is awful shit, can't convince me otherwise...

You can't play Guile and not like to throw fireballs.

You can't play Zangief and not like to command grab.

You can't play Bison and not like to Devil's reverse.

You can't play Ken and not like random stuff.

You can't play Alex and not like garbage.

You can't play F.A.N.G and not like losing.

You can't play Vega and not like to slide.

You can't play Necalli and not like dunks.

Torry

Neo Member
Ucchedavāda;233983478 said:
My country's honor is safe .. for now.

Getting perfected didn't help, though.
You got a scary Ibuki. ;)

Thanks man. That was a good first round :p Ibuki can be very explosive, but you read me easily the next rounds after. You have great control with Juri, and her throw range makes me throw up.

MrCarter

Thanks man. That was a good first round :p Ibuki can be very explosive, but you read me easily the next rounds after. You have great control with Juri, and her throw range makes me throw up.

Last one between you guys then I'm off ✌️

Edit: GG's guys!

MrCarter

Allright, was great fun playing again! Your Karin was crazy, reminded me of a Ken player xP Your Laura though, those combos do serious damage. You're great at hitconfirming!

Thanks. Not as crazy as your Ibuki though. I'm going to set up a lobby for GAF frequently on Saturdays (from around 6/7 pm BST) so we can get more sets in then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom