• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigg_Oggy

Yeah, you can probably high counter once in a round (or even the match) and then it immediately becomes difficult to pull off without getting baited with an empty jump. It becomes another mind game where the risk doesn't outweigh the reward.

I can't speak for Kolin's other AAs, but abuse the jab while it lasts. While playing Juri it's placed me in many advantageous positions. Sad to see it go in the next patch though. :(

Csr

How did a Nash make it

Like what

Bonchan is amazing. Making top 8 or close to top 8 occasionally is i think reasonable for a top player with a not that great character. Xian had similar results with fang.

As for the last two matches Pr balrog had too many missed inputs which was weird because i haven't seen him do that before and Vagabond i guess just didn't know the match up at all judging from the fact that he kept jumping and dashing, looked like he had no patience or gameplan.

MrCarter

I keep considering wanting to learn Kolin but FANG's AA normals are just too good to abandon.

It feels like crossups become free pressure for the opponent if I don't have a way to swat them out of the air.

Same here. I use Laura now so switching from such a offense heavy character to a more zoner/grappler type will take some time getting used to. Poongko's recent showcase of her at NCR makes me optimistic though so I'll see how it goes.

David seems to think that movement and spacing are the new defensive options since the rest are so damn booty. I think that's why Punk, and by extension Bon, do so well. Momo too, since his spacing is crazy, but his Ibuki ain't ready yet.

Rog choked. This isn't the same PR Rog we saw before NCR. And I've see Online Balrog playing better than this.

A few dropped inputs or no, let's not pretend like Bon didn't play out of his mind. That last match he shut Rog down from doing much at all which is how you beat Rog in general.

You probably 2-0'd them too right, despite the scrubby flowchart tactics and the one-sided rollback?

Yooo dammmn
that's
brutal

FluxWaveZ

Her aa jab is one of the worst in the game, it only works on poor deep jump in attempts with big buttons, she wont be aa-ing a proper jump in with it.

Um. What.

This is absolutely wrong. Kolin's AA jab is fantastic, and will definitely stuff proper jump-ins given the proper range. It's just like Necalli's or Juri's.

Numb

Mufasa Akuma could actually look cool

C75zokBXkAA_87O.jpg

Marvel

could never
He looks rad in drawings but tbh for me, the SFV design style makes him look weird. Most notably the overall rubber looking hair that a lot of the cast got.

Nostalgia is my fave alt for him.

MCD250

The nostalgia costume is easily the best version of his classic look in a game. I just wish he still had the rope belt like in SFIV.

Ryce

I genuinely like Akuma's new look. It fits the evolution of the character. He's somewhere between Nosferatu Zodd and Ganon.

Bigg_Oggy

Hair seems to be hit or miss in this game, Laura's hair on the versus screen being the weirdest. Sometimes it looks like her cleavage is vacuuming her hair.

Still not sure how I feel about Kolin's hair ...

The thing I like about Akuma's new look is that it makes the edgy character that people were overly self-serious about and makes them reflect on how goofy he actually is.

Though maybe he could do without the neckbeard bit.

Yeah it is.

There's like 6 games that I want to watch the Top 8 of, live.

And with a near 12-hour time difference, that shit is gonna be difficult.

Bigg_Oggy

Feeling kinda spoiled with this amount of fighting games.

Out of all of them, Tekken and SFV will probably hog my time, though I would like to get relatively good with injustice and KOF.

Although, KOF's netcode may scare me off.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, so you mean relative to the other crazy AA jabs, Kolin's is one of the worst?

But then what do you categorize as an "AA jab"? The ones that come to mind are:

- Necalli
- Juri
- Kolin
- FANG

But really, several other characters have jabs that can AA.

Sayad

Your not taking the hurtboxes on jump ins normals into account. Some like Nash's hurtbox who has been expanded in S2 making it every easy to Jab AA while Balrog's make's Ryu's J.LK from S1 a joke.
Why bring up Nash?! I said real jump ins in my original post. ;p

Seriously, Chun's aa jab is a better anti air. In term of characters who can jab aa, can't think of anyone who has a worse jab aa, it only works as an aa because hurtboxes are ass in this game.

MCD250

I haven't played a Tekken game in...possibly decades, but I might hop on 7 if I hear good things. It's looking dope so far. I just hope it's not too inaccessible for someone like me.

Producer

Why bring up Nash?! I said real jump ins in my original post. ;p

Seriously, Chun's aa jab is a better anti air. In term of characters who can jab aa, can't think of anyone who has a worse jab aa, it only works as an aa because hurtboxes are ass in this game.

let me see the hitboxes of those chun aa's

Sayad

Hm, so you mean relative to the other crazy AA jabs, Kolin's is one of the worst?

But then what do you categorize as an "AA jab"? The ones that come to mind are:

- Necalli
- Juri
- Kolin
- FANG

But really, several other characters have jabs that can AA.
Also Sim, Gief(lol), Ryu, S2 Alex and even characters who aren't particularly known for their jab aa like Chun, Karin and even Ken still have better jab aa than Kolin.

let me see the hitboxes of those chun aa's

fttBrdq.png

FluxWaveZ

Also Sim, Gief(lol), Ryu, S2 Alex and even characters who aren't particularly known for their jab aa like Chun, Karin and even Ken still have better jab aa than Kolin.

Sure, I guess Sim and Gief apply, though I kinda ignored them because they're actually designed for that purpose.

But Chun, Karin and Ken having better jab AAs than Kolin? No. There's a reason that Kolin is the one notorious for hers and not those other characters. Especially Chun? I've played enough against Producer here, who has experience with both characters, to know that that's wrong. I'm sure he could back me up on this, too.

MCD250

The worst is when you try a jump in on Kolin and get air-countered, so then you try to bait it out with empty jumps and they switch to the anti-air jab, heh.

Sayad

But Chun, Karin and Ken having better jab AAs than Kolin? No. There's a reason that Kolin is the one notorious for hers and not those other characters. Especially Chun? I've played enough against Producer here, who has experience with both characters, to know that that's wrong. I'm sure he could back me up on this, too.

It's not black and white, Kolin's is better at dealing with front jump ins, but she have better aa buttons for that space. In the situation where jab aa get used the most though, ie, neutral jumps at point blank, Chun's is unquestionably better as the hitboxe is closer to her highest hurt box(isn't Chun's slower though?).

I feel like Kolin get a lot out of her jab aa because people empty jump on her a lot(dat counter damage), there really is nothing special about her jab aa hit/hurtbox.

Village

The thing I like about Akuma's new look is that it makes the edgy character that people were overly self-serious about and makes them reflect on how goofy he actually is.

Though maybe he could do without the neckbeard bit.
Why are you edgier than akuma right now.

No one had any revelations. They just picked another outfit. You are also assuming people were self serious about this character... instead of just liking it , like every other cool character in SF. Or every other fighting game character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom