• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidM

Neo Member
Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother you with this and for my poor english, i'm from Paris.

I've just bought a QANBA Q4raf for PS3 - PC and X360 at a decent price to a private individual in order to play SFV on PS4 because my old stick, which was a HORI PS3 stick, is broken.

The stick doesn't seem to work no matter what i do. I've tried every possible thing manually to make the stick works, switch the USB port, try X360 mode, reset the game and the PS4 several times : nothing works.

The question is simple : do you guys have any solution or am I fucked ?

I thought every PS3 stick would work on PS4, but it seems that i was wrong and i'm so fucking pissed right now.

Have you tried Legacy Controller Authentication in the Options menu? See the guide below:

http://attackofthefanboy.com/guides...nd-guide-how-to-use-ps3-arcade-sticks-on-ps4/

Hi everyone,

Sorry to bother you with this and for my poor english, i'm from Paris.

I've just bought a QANBA Q4raf for PS3 - PC and X360 at a decent price to a private individual in order to play SFV on PS4 because my old stick, which was a HORI PS3 stick, is broken.

The stick doesn't seem to work no matter what i do. I've tried every possible thing manually to make the stick works, switch the USB port, try X360 mode, reset the game and the PS4 several times : nothing works.

The question is simple : do you guys have any solution or am I fucked ?

I thought every PS3 stick would work on PS4, but it seems that i was wrong and i'm so fucking pissed right now.

Googling around a bit, it seems like some Q4raf sticks work on PS4 and others don't, so it might be a matter of different PCBs. If the instructions that LiquidM posted doesn't work, then you might have been unlucky. See e.g. here and here.

You can buy an adapter, such as the Brooks adapters, but that is obviously not ideal.

I hope Capcom was paying attention on Bonchan Vs Fuudo on just how bad Nash's defense was. Every time Fuudo will J.lk and press light normals to bait out a V-reversal or expect a backdash. And then AA him when jumping out of the corner.

JimiHazel

Banned
Ucchedavāda;234067275 said:
Googling around a bit, it seems like some Q4raf sticks work on PS4 and others don't, so it might be a matter of different PCBs. If the instructions that LiquidM posted doesn't work, then you might have been unlucky. See e.g. here and here.

You can buy an adapter, such as the Brooks adapters, but that is obviously not ideal.

I did the same thing, googling around etc. and fall upon the same forums. Can't find any anwer, I guess i'm fucked. Luckily, the guy who sold me the stick agreed to pay me back. Thank you btw.

I did the same thing, googling around etc. and fall upon the same forums. Can't find any anwer, I guess i'm fucked. Luckily, the guy who sold me the stick agreed to pay me back. Thank you btw.

You're welcome and I am glad to hear that you can get your money back.

But it's a shame that it didn't work out, as the Q4raf is a really nice stick.

MrCarter

Hope the next character is as good as Kolin was.

Me too. With the next character we have absolutely no clue who it could be it or what style of play they will have which makes it more exciting.

Ucchedavāda;234073865 said:
I hope it isn't Byron.

But regardless, we will also be getting the new CFN, which I am looking forward to much more.

From the look of the silhouette it doesn't seem like it's Byron but I guess we won't have to wait much longer to find out. I'm also looking forward to the new CFN changes (as well as balance and stage updates) and would like to see if they have improved upon it following the beta.

Shibasaki to be announced as the new Street Fighter DLC character.

Throws circular trays that move not unlike Mai's projectile in KoF. Has a DP, command grab, fireball, divekick and a 2 Bar v-trigger. V-skill is projectile invincible and moves him forward. Stubby normals.

V-Trigger allows him to throw a tray that circles around him for 2 seconds before going in a random direction. Can throw a total of 3 trays like this.

MrCarter

Shibasaki to be announced as the new Street Fighter DLC character.

Throws circular trays that move not unlike Mai's projectile in KoF. Has a DP, command grab, fireball, divekick and a 2 Bar v-trigger. V-skill is projectile invincible and moves him forward. Stubby normals.

V-Trigger allows him to throw a tray that circles around him for 2 seconds before going in a random direction. Can throw a total of 3 trays like this.

Shibasaki. The goat.

Yeah, imo teabagging is super juvenile and I will die a little inside if anyone does it during a major televised event like EVO finals. The FGC's got enough problems as it is without throwing that childish toxic masculinity bullcrap on the heap.

Some may argue that it's psychological warfare, and to that I ask, why not just taunt? It achieves the same end result but looks cooler and doesn't have the same awful connotations.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Yeah, imo teabagging is super juvenile and I will die a little inside if anyone does it during a major televised event like EVO finals. The FGC's got enough problems as it is without throwing that childish toxic masculinity bullcrap on the heap.

Some may argue that it's psychological warfare, and to that I ask, why not just taunt? It achieves the same end result but looks cooler and doesn't have the same awful connotations.

I'd imagine because taunting puts you at greater risk and no one in an important match is willing to assume real risk for their dipshittery.

I'm not loving the increase in publicized teabagging, either, but at least to an outsider it's not totally clear what is happening and the commentators don't explain it in detail.

Village

My issue with T bagging is that its literally wimp stuff because they are afraid to do the taunt animation

You wanna make fun of someone, commit to the whole bit.

Do that whole animation

I'd imagine because taunting puts you at greater risk and no one in an important match is willing to assume real risk for their dipshittery.

I'm not loving the increase in publicized teabagging, either, but at least to an outsider it's not totally clear what is happening and the commentators don't explain it in detail.

I'd imagine that taunting but cancelling before the full animation is about as risky as teabagging from fullscreen and since dummies like Punk usually only teabag when there's no risk at all (after a stun, for example) I honestly feel like the only reason they go for teabagging is because of The Implication™

Doesn't help that the commentators egg them on half the time, too. I feel like that kinda stuff is the opposite of what you should be encouraging if you want your game taken seriously as a spectator eSport.

But maybe I'm being too hypercritical, blugh. It just really irks me to see that kinda stuff, I suppose.

Skilletor

I think I'm just bored with this game. Not enough playstyle diversity within the SF5 system. We're seeing the same situations play out time and time again.

Punk's attitude and playstyle were the clincher for me, though. I have no interest in watching tournaments when you're going to fuck around. I don't care if you're better. Just means you should finish your plate.

Agreed, the balancing seems to be done in a way to force a specific playstyle on your character and I just don't like that.

I personally think that competitive matches at a high level are still entertaining but certainly not every character is as entertaining to watch.

Punk's Karin is just really optimal, and it's just him whiff punishing and finding the right spacing. Du's Guile is like that too. Both have this system down that makes them really solid, but also sorta same-y.

Meanwhile Fuudo's Mika is doing crazy shit no other Mika is doing. Bonchan's Nash is overtly aggressive. And Tokido does crazy shit with Akuma making him look like a wall. LPN can be hit or miss, but even when he fails I just like his aggressive style of play with Bison, even if it doesn't work out.

On the flipside, I don't like watching Gamerbee's Necalli. It feels so basic compared to Haitani, who's all over the damn place and loves using that v-trigger walkspeed. Even that other Necalli player from the last tournament in Europe was more fun to watch.

In some ways it is the game, but there's a big part of how those top players play the characters, even when you have someone as linear as Necalli, that can make them boring to watch.

Nobody ever saw that they're gonna play against a Necalli and thought "This is gonna be fun."

Also unrelated but I'm catching up on the pools and top 4 for Tekken 7 and the thuggery on display makes teabagging look like a bow and a handshake.

Skilletor

Nobody ever saw that they're gonna play against a Necalli and thought "This is gonna be fun."

Also unrelated but I'm catching up on the pools and top 4 for Tekken 7 and the thuggery on display makes teabagging look like a bow and a handshake.

Bronson mic'ed up for his match in top 8 was hilarious.

Skilletor

Local laura player delights in seeing people hate sfv

Kappa

I don't even hate the game. Just expected more of S2.

I loved S1 because it was the best first revision SF has ever had, imo. I love the core gameplay of the series and was excited what future updates would bring.

S2 didn't bring much. I played and watched more tourneys last year than I have in a fighter in a long time. I'm burnt out.

Local laura player delights in seeing people hate sfv

Kappa

my prophecies about how stale this game would be from playing the betas have come true.

Even with Punk doing amazing with Karin, there really hasn't been any new Karin tech since like March of last year lmao, the newest karin tech I've seen has been the 50/50 in the corner, nothing else lol

new character hype is the only thing keeping me interested at this point

I don't even hate the game. Just expected more of S2.

I loved S1 because it was the best first revision SF has ever had, imo. I love the core gameplay of the series and was excited what future updates would bring.

S2 didn't bring much. I played and watched more tourneys last year than I have in a fighter in a long time. I'm burnt out.

Take a break for a month or so. Let the patch change a few things around. Pop back in around EVO time or here and there.

It's super exhausting to watch a fighting game week after week, and there have been dozens of events all at once.

As an aside, and my personal issue, is that the super technical stuff gets glossed over for memes, teabagging, and IS IT GONNA KILL. Meanwhile, Topanga streamers started describing character specific things in high detail as to why a wakeup jab was a good option for a trade over something else against a certain character, and so on. Japanese commentators are really good about highlighting that stuff from what I hear, and I wish we got that from time to time.

Or maybe more Bronson like stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom